Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I can't feel anything.

How does this make you feel?
1CE71692-9C84-4177-8FB3-C36AB77124C5.jpeg

The one thing I appreciate about the original Halloween is as much as everyone likes to retroactively go on about how she’s the original “final girl” and all that, they can’t argue against the fact that the hero of the movie is Loomis. He’s the only person that recognizes the danger, he’s the only one actively trying to stop it and he’s ultimately the one who ends Michael’s reign of terror in the first two films.

The 2018 Halloween really pisses me off...especially because until Carpenter stepped in and said “NO” they were going to redo the ending of the first movie, have Michael murder Loomis and then have Laurie shoot Michael off the balcony. I can’t describe how pissed that would have made me had they done that.

The one thing I appreciate about the original Halloween is as much as everyone likes to retroactively go on about how she’s the original “final girl” and all that, they can’t argue against the fact that the hero of the movie is Loomis. He’s the only person that recognizes the danger, he’s the only one actively trying to stop it and he’s ultimately the one who ends Michael’s reign of terror in the first two films.

The 2018 Halloween really pisses me off...especially because until Carpenter stepped in and said “NO” they were going to redo the ending of the first movie, have Michael murder Loomis and then have Laurie shoot Michael off the balcony. I can’t describe how pissed that would have made me had they done that.

I mean, yeah, I can see how it would be seen as very metoo. The people that made it clearly had a complete misunderstanding of the original film and the characters. More criminal than having an agenda was the fact that it sucked and just kinda turned a bit of the movie into a joke.

One of wife’s friends from notre dame of Maryland (go Baltimore) got some public praise. A civil rights lawyer a big part of the Orange County pride parade etc

I like the Rob Zombie versions especially the first one. There is a realism to some of his work that makes it actually disturbing and uncomfortable to watch. You can point out some things he's done that are the opposite of realistic and he's definitely hit and miss but most horror films don't make me feel anything. I think the ability to make the audience squirm and feel disgusted makes him a better filmmaker than most in the genre. I think I've seen all his movies. The bad ones just fall apart in the area of plot and turn into more like skits. 31 is hard to sit through and you get the feeling he didn't even care but he's really good at showing sleazy characters and making them seem plausible. I know disturbing and uncomfortable are probably not what a lot of people are looking for but I appreciate his ability to create those feelings. He's kind of paying tribute to a genre of film that is deeply flawed and filled with bad content so I'm not sure that making masterpieces is even the goal.

Just now some old guy customer starting insulting this (rad) Chinese cashier, and when the security guard came over the guy started being really aggressive and seemed to want to start a fight and spit on the security guard. A customer up island was arrested and charged for purposely coughing on a cashier so I hope that happens to this guy too. Disturbing behaviour.

Just now some old guy customer starting insulting this (rad) Chinese cashier, and when the security guard came over the guy started being really aggressive and seemed to want to start a fight and spit on the security guard. A customer up island was arrested and charged for purposely coughing on a cashier so I hope that happens to this guy too. Disturbing behaviour.

I will cough on you ?

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom