Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Does Morrissey actually read anymore? He used to talk about things he'd read, back in .... the eighties? It was - by his own admission - one of the things that distinguished him from other songwriters. The most recent obvious literary reference I can remember in recent lyrics is the Neal Cassady one. I seem to recall an interview around about Kill Uncle era in which he was asked what he was reading and he said, "I don't read anymore. I already know everything," or something like that. Of course, he says many things like this just to be playful, but I can't help wondering whether it was true - at least the first part of it.

ReelFountain told me he read The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray & Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg. (Like the Goldberg, not keen on the Murray).

I haven't seen anything else mentioned.

1587164328052.png

Does Morrissey actually read anymore? He used to talk about things he'd read, back in .... the eighties? It was - by his own admission - one of the things that distinguished him from other songwriters. The most recent obvious literary reference I can remember in recent lyrics is the Neal Cassady one. I seem to recall an interview around about Kill Uncle era in which he was asked what he was reading and he said, "I don't read anymore. I already know everything," or something like that. Of course, he says many things like this just to be playful, but I can't help wondering whether it was true - at least the first part of it.
I think he got a life.

skylarker basically told me that he thinks it's okay that viva hate threatens me and f***s with me because that's what viva hate is known to do and you cant control his behaviour so we all just have to walk on eggshells around him

skylarker basically told me that he thinks it's okay that viva hate threatens me and f***s with me because that's what viva hate is known to do and you cant control his behaviour so we all just have to walk on eggshells around him

Still talking about meeeeeeeeee all these hours later. ?

Still talking about meeeeeeeeee all these hours later. ?
actually it's skylarker that keeps talking about you, telling me not to "poke the bear" or whatever nonsense. I think he's the one obsessed with you and your imagined might. it's that which has been annoying me, making me to want to poke the bear. nothing more than that. like I said, i really don't give a toss about you (as you well know teehee). it's just that I hate people trying to put me in a box.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom