old morrissey letter posted on next big thing blog

mell

loves moz
hi..I'm a relatively new member and I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I kind of just stumbled upon it while doing an internet search for Smiths tshirts and I haven't seen a post about this yet. Lindsay Hutton (who started a Cramps fan club with Morrissey back in the day) posted a letter from Moz on his blog last month that he recently, accidentally unearthed. I could be crazy, but I find Morrissey's old letters supremely entertaining! Sorry in advance if this has already been posted!

http://nextbigthing.blogspot.com/search?q=morrissey

Last edited:
I love reading these little things and falling in love all over again.

Thank you very much for posting the link.

Some Morrissey's old letters have been posted here, but I haven't seen the one address to Lindsay Hutton.

hi..I'm a relatively new member and I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I kind of just stumbled upon it while doing an internet search for Smiths tshirts and I haven't seen a post about this yet. Lindsay Hutton (who started a Cramps fan club with Morrissey back in the day) posted a letter from Moz on her blog last month that she recently, accidentally unearthed. I could be crazy, but I find Morrissey's old letters supremely entertaining! Sorry in advance if this has already been posted!

http://nextbigthing.blogspot.com/search?q=morrissey

her blog? It says that it is a male, which I was a bit surprised about.

Well I wonder!?

love

GU

A great find, thanks :)

Could this be one of the letters Baz70 was referring to (see post #98 in Collectors Corner/"your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy" thread....) ?

Last edited:
I love his old letters, too Mell.

What a treat. This is the first I heard of this letter's existence as well. Perhaps I should do some dusting. I may find a missing child or two.

Thanks.

her blog? It says that it is a male, which I was a bit surprised about.

Well I wonder!?

love

GU

Haha...Oops! I have NO idea if Lindsay is a man or woman! I mistakenly just assumed!!! It was practically midnight after all and the last thing I should have been doing was searching the internet for more Moz stuff :o

But I'm really glad you guys haven't seen this before! I didn't want to post a new thread and have 800 ppl point out that I should have used the search function. Did y'all notice in the comments section on the blog that someone said they too just dug up a folder of "a hundred or so similar Mozz scribblings?" Why couldn't that be me?! I think Morrissey should really resume his penpal career or just start a damn blog already...I'm sorry, but random crumbs from TTY just aren't cutting it for me!

Haha...Oops! I have NO idea if Lindsay is a man or woman! I mistakenly just assumed!!! It was practically midnight after all and the last thing I should have been doing was searching the internet for more Moz stuff :o

But I'm really glad you guys haven't seen this before! I didn't want to post a new thread and have 800 ppl point out that I should have used the search function. Did y'all notice in the comments section on the blog that someone said they too just dug up a folder of "a hundred or so similar Mozz scribblings?" Why couldn't that be me?! I think Morrissey should really resume his penpal career or just start a damn blog already...I'm sorry, but random crumbs from TTY just aren't cutting it for me!

no, not 800. just one. if you dont know who you'll figure it out soon enough. :cool:

no, not 800. just one. if you dont know who you'll figure it out soon enough. :cool:

LMAO! That is halarious, and yet sooooo true!
Sweet letter, I wish that I could've been a penpal with Morrissey back in the day, ok well I wasn't even born back in his day so I guess that wouldn't work.

I think Morrissey should really resume his penpal career or just start a damn blog already...I'm sorry, but random crumbs from TTY just aren't cutting it for me!

Amen to that.

Morrissey was born to blog. He hides his light far too often - he has such a wonderfully light touch, such a unique, intimate style when it comes to correspondence. We seldom get to hear it nowadays. I was hoping that this current tour would yield at least a few more personal notes from The Man, if only for promotional reasons.

Mozblog - it's time has come.

Amen to that.

Morrissey was born to blog. He hides his light far too often - he has such a wonderfully light touch, such a unique, intimate style when it comes to correspondence. We seldom get to hear it nowadays. I was hoping that this current tour would yield at least a few more personal notes from The Man, if only for promotional reasons.

Mozblog - it's time has come.

YES! I want more Moz. "He hides his light far too often" is very true. I don't know whether he thinks no one is interested, or doesn't care to share with us, or what, but I would read anything he wrote. He could make a recipe for vegetarian lentil stew interesting to read. And, I would love to have a good vegetarian lentil stew recipe. Good place to start, eh Moz?

We're waiting, Moz. Oh, go here: www.typepad.com. And PM me if you need a fabo blog banner, I'm a designer.

It was sort of odd to discover that the letter had been picked up on this forum today. However, I'm pleased that it has provided some entertainment after spending some 20+ years in a drawer. The person who suggested that this may be one of the letters Baz70 referred to is right. I did attempt to contact individual members but that didn't work so I had to resort to this more general blurb. So yes, it's true. i didn't cut along to Night Moves on July 10th 1983 and the rest is, er, history.

It was sort of odd to discover that the letter had been picked up on this forum today. However, I'm pleased that it has provided some entertainment after spending some 20+ years in a drawer. The person who suggested that this may be one of the letters Baz70 referred to is right. I did attempt to contact individual members but that didn't work so I had to resort to this more general blurb. So yes, it's true. i didn't cut along to Night Moves on July 10th 1983 and the rest is, er, history.

OOh tell us more! Do you have any more? :D I'm sorry for calling so much attention to your letter, but I really couldn't help myself. It seriously made my night when I saw it posted on your page. Thanks!!!

(Btw, I specifically stumbled upon your blog while looking for Smiths shirts. I somehow made it to the Monona Merch page which was selling NBT shirts and had a direct link to your blog.)

Well, if you contact me via the blog then I'll try to answer questions or whatever. There is more, starting from December 1977 up until July '83.

Back
Top Bottom