Next single NEW SLEEVE ???

Re: That's How People Grow Up - Commercial cover art

I'm going to buy them 28th.

You can order from http://www.recordstore.co.uk

;)

That's where I'm ordering them from, too, but aren't they going to do a 5 pounds for all 3 formats offer like they did for "Boy Happy"? If not, then it's crazy expensive for those of us on the wrong side of the exchange rate.

That's where I'm ordering them from, too, but aren't they going to do a 5 pounds for all 3 formats offer like they did for "Boy Happy"? If not, then it's crazy expensive for those of us on the wrong side of the exchange rate.

yes its there for a fiver. My town prob won't even stock it you see, I would need to more than likely go to Glasgow which is not too near here so online is the best bet, altho I am still scarred from my boy happy debacle, when fecking HMV buggered it all up! *livid*

yes its there for a fiver. My town prob won't even stock it you see, I would need to more than likely go to Glasgow which is not too near here so online is the best bet, altho I am still scarred from my boy happy debacle, when fecking HMV buggered it all up! *livid*

Yeah, I remember that a lot of people had problems with their orders for "Boy Happy," but mine arrived just a couple days after the release date and in perfect shape, which was a bit surprising considering how it was packaged!

I found that offer... it's there.

Awesomely awesome! Thanks!

Yeah, I remember that a lot of people had problems with their orders for "Boy Happy," but mine arrived just a couple days after the release date and in perfect shape, which was a bit surprising considering how it was packaged!

How was it packaged? Not a good idea to have the 7"s shipped from them?

*curses b/c she will be in London on the 28th, but will be on the way to the airport when record shops open and there's no way HMV at Heathrow will have the 7" singles*

How was it packaged? Not a good idea to have the 7"s shipped from them?

*curses b/c she will be in London on the 28th, but will be on the way to the airport when record shops open and there's no way HMV at Heathrow will have the 7" singles*

"Boy Happy" was shipped in a thin mailer, corrugated but not rigid like an Amazon box. It was kinda weird, and there were no stiffeners to keep the 7"s intact. Luckily, my copies were unscathed, but when I placed the order for THPGU just now, I asked them to add an extra stiffener if at all possible.

"Boy Happy" was shipped in a thin mailer, corrugated but not rigid like an Amazon box. It was kinda weird, and there were no stiffeners to keep the 7"s intact. Luckily, my copies were unscathed, but when I placed the order for THPGU just now, I asked them to add an extra stiffener if at all possible.

Extra stiffener is always good.

wait, i think I just broke a rule. I'm not sure whether it was the rule about diagrams, or the rule about drink, but I'm pretty sure I broke something.

*splutter*
I like it. I like seeing old pics I have not seen before, I know there will be the debate as to why its an old pic but ah

Oh, there is no debate, no debate, no debate...
How can you consciously contemplate when this picture is so much more gorgeous than any modern Moz picture could possibly be?

How can you consciously contemplate when this picture is so much more gorgeous than any modern Moz picture could possibly be?

Aww Comtesse, I love you...but the man is STILL gorgeous. :) That is a great picture, though...his eyes look great. The only thing that seems odd to me is how stubbly he is. We rarely get to see him so unshaven that it almost looks like one of Di's photoshops! :eek:

Nice cover, if indeed this is the genuine article. I like it much better than the cover of Ringleader,..or Quarry, for that matter. Not that I have anything against aged Moz, just wish he'd chosen different shots.

I like it! Very handsome. He looks dirty gettin clean. MAJOR
tk9.png

Mel Torment and Corrissey managed to compliment him in person. But who knows? If he ever makes it onto Solo and checks out the frink thread, he'll certainly receive a boost of confidence!

Thanks for the name drop. I had forgotten all about that moment. :rolleyes: HA! Moz is so totally looking at the frink tread... please. I half expected 'frinky' to be in a new song title =o) hell, why not?!!

Haha, sorry.... (I hope to compliment him in person next week... And if I don't manage to, then I'll continue boosting his confidence on the frink thread...)

GO EPBABE GO!!!! May the frink force be with you!!

We have great taste, friend =o)

Sorry- I didn't mention your name because Mel Torment and Corrissey managed to compliment him in person. But who knows? If he ever makes it onto Solo and checks out the frink thread, he'll certainly receive a boost of confidence!

Like Corrissey wrote, thanks for the namedrop!

I get the feeling that no matter how many times I say it, he'll just dismiss it with a joke or another putdown. :tears: But it won't stop me.

Quand je lui vois, je vais dire encore, "Morrissey, tu es un beau diable!"

Speaking of devils, we were trying to find an afterparty after a Moz show somewhere in the southwest of the U.S. in 2002. We asked this stoner chick if she knew where El Diablo (the name of the club hosting the afterparty) was. She teetered back and forth slightly and then simply pointed to the ground. Brilliant!

As for the sleeve, it is luvverly, save for the no-neck angle. Based on his m.o. this decade and his reactions to the calendars I make using current photos, I'm resigned to Morrissey using old promo photos. Maybe 15 years from now he'll be using photos shot in 2008!

^^ Don't worry - that's pretty normal.

I like the pic....except for the fact he has no neck. Looks a bit odd.

Back
Top Bottom