Morrissey Central "New keyboard player." (May 6, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

This is really funny, but I am not sure if it's meant to be
I am actually waiting for FiDo to write her next manifesto
A logical next step. Let her explain it to the masses. Headline: More diversity: A step into the right direction and why it has to come natural.

Interesting turn of events, on the face of it, not ideal to have 2 new members to integrate into a band who were playing so well, fantastic live Morrissey shows earlier this year / end of 22.

Things change , (as they often do with Morrissey!) so now two female musicians in the band , what that will mean for the dynamics / playing style I wonder (perhaps the end of the the more rockabilly numbers like The Loop and the latin tinged flourishes…

Camila will best be practising her tambourine catching for sure though

Morrissey becomes more diverse, replaces Hispanic man with Hispanic lesbian - Record companies, are you listening?

BMG did not drop Moz because of anything to do with diversity. They, like Capitol, dropped him because he was impossible to work with. The change up in the band only reinforces that scenario.

So everyone has abandoned ship except for Jesse, that's the rumour? God, what a mess if it's true. You'd think it would make Moz smell the coffee really.

Last year, when video clips surfaced of that awkward, corporate "Moz birthday party", I said something didn't look right. The Quest team looked like bad actors and Morrissey was a rabbit in headlights. Six or seven months later, they were all gone. Now the band are gone too? Ugh.

Rumour has it, Jesse actually is the one hiring ladies, cos he won’t feel threatened by girls getting applause but he is by other men

Girls? What do they have to offer anyway? Nothing but a mangled jungle of tangled hair presented as the jackpot payoff.
But Camila Grey, she looks a bit like Tina Dehghani. He has a type.

Last edited:
Perhaps Mozza will forsake the other members who are leaving for Jesse , cos Jesse is one of the primary songwriters of recent years

In that clip of Street and Paresi Street mentions he left before it all went pear shaped. I think we're in a pear shape at the moment. Women are more pear shaped than men anyway right? ;)

But my point was that Alain and Gustavo leaving the band is completely unconnected with that.

If they were staying in the band, he could have written new songs and added them to the live set (as he has done recently).

Without them in the band, he can still write new songs and add them to the live set.

The change in musicians will obviously be of interest to fans, but I don't think it alters Morrissey's career trajectory one iota. He wasn't about to get a record deal before and he isn't about to get one now.
From the career perspective, it is true that Morrissey can have any band line- up. As long as they know how to play the songs, it will be fine. And at least you are not saying that his career perspectives are bright at this point.

Moz can't be happy with two members now having left. Wonder if it's true others have left as well.

Could really Jessie be the problem? I don't know what to think really.
It doesn’t seem like the other 2 members have confirmed their participation in the next tour. If they were confirmed to join, wouldn’t they be announcing the new band line- up at this point? So my reading is that there is at least one more hole that needs to be plugged.

Last edited:
It doesn’t seem like the other 2 members have confirmed their participation in the next tour. If they were confirmed to join, wouldn’t they be announcing the new band line- up at this point? So my reading is that there is at least one more hole that needs to be plugged.

I've got a couple that need plugging!

Welcome Camila. Even more looking forward to the new dates, now.
She’s a singer, too. So a setlist featuring songs with female backing seems probable.

That's (unfortunately) a very good point.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom