Ritual One: Mozzcast The Podcaster's Ritual - new Morrissey podcast (December 9, 2023)

Welcome to episode one of Mozzcast, The Podcaster's Ritual. In this episode we hear the first outing of The ritual. R for Roundup, I for interview, T for top-ten, U for understanding, A for Andy Rourke and L for lastly.....A chance to hear the latest unofficial news from the world of Morrissey.

Thank you to John Hamilton and Montra for the use of their music.

Thank you to Kris McMurran for the interview 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed this. A lot of it resonated with me: having friends who thought I was nuts (until they saw him); thinking I ought to see him before it’s too late; not having great expectations then being totally mesmerised; Morrissey is the only band/person I have been to see on my own. I enjoyed the background noises too! Was that a coffee machine shutting down at one point lol!

Ha ha, everyone in my house fell asleep. So it was either go on the forums or watch the BBC coverage. I lasted five minutes 😔
col good podcast mate,as usual anything on here is hijacked by politics.

I really enjoyed this. A lot of it resonated with me: having friends who thought I was nuts (until they saw him); thinking I ought to see him before it’s too late; not having great expectations then being totally mesmerised; Morrissey is the only band/person I have been to see on my own. I enjoyed the background noises too! Was that a coffee machine shutting down at one point lol!
Wow thank you for that. I was hoping most Morrissey fans would identify and clearly you have.....and yes it was a coffee machine closing down!

Thank you 🙏
col as a new member you will find that this place is made up by people who cant stand M,its crazy but this place is crazy.what part of scotland are you from,im down in greenock or as we call it the wild west.

col as a new member you will find that this place is made up by people who cant stand M,its crazy but this place is crazy.what part of scotland are you from,im down in greenock or as we call it the wild west.
Yeah thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely noticing that. I'm down in Ardrossan mate. I used to work up in Larkfield, at the youth cafe, in the 90s up your way!

Yeah thanks for the heads up, I'm definitely noticing that. I'm down in Ardrossan mate. I used to work up in Larkfield, at the youth cafe, in the 90s up your way!
been to ardrossan many times over the decades,you can have a good laugh on here at times so dont let today put you off.

been to ardrossan many times over the decades,you can have a good laugh on here at times so dont let today put you off.
I won't, thanks Gordy. I came on because I'm looking to interview fans for the podcast, particularly people who saw The Smiths, but I might start looking elsewhere 🤔

I won't, thanks Gordy. I came on because I'm looking to interview fans for the podcast, particularly people who saw The Smiths, but I might start looking elsewhere 🤔
Hello Col stick with it mate, there are haters on here but also lots of people who saw The Smiths and still respect Morrissey on here too. Some people think if you mention you saw The Smiths you're showing off, i just think other fans too young at the time would be interested and i find now saying you saw them is a bit like when someone says they saw The Beatles way back when, they have that reverence now 👍
Its crazy to think tho that anyone who did see The Smiths is now the wrong side of 50. The circle of life, and all that.

It won’t take long to find some, people who have seen The Smiths are always very keen to tell you they’ve seen The Smiths.

Hello Col stick with it mate, there are haters on here but also lots of people who saw The Smiths and still respect Morrissey on here too. Some people think if you mention you saw The Smiths you're showing off, i just think other fans too young at the time would be interested and i find now saying you saw them is a bit like when someone says they saw The Beatles way back when, they have that reverence now 👍
Its crazy to think tho that anyone who did see The Smiths is now the wrong side of 50. The circle of life, and all that.
Wow - very insightful, you absolutely nailed it there. I was too young for The Smiths; I think the interest would be huge and I'm 47, today! So think of all the younger pups below me who have gotten into the music and would like to listen to first hand experience.

Also, just hearing "stick with it" from genuine fans like yourself means the absolute world to me. 😍🙏🙏😍

Wow - very insightful, you absolutely nailed it there. I was too young for The Smiths; I think the interest would be huge and I'm 47, today! So think of all the younger pups below me who have gotten into the music and would like to listen to first hand experience.

Also, just hearing "stick with it" from genuine fans like yourself means the absolute world to me. 😍🙏🙏😍
happy birthday col,have a good day.

Ah cool, Happy Birthday mate 👍

I saw Morriseybat Barrowlands about 7 years ago. Loved every minute. Was a dream gig from start to finish and his stage presence was unreal.

Wow thank you for the positive feedback

You're left a contact, likely to be used by people who finally feel it's time the tale were told! More ideas and cooperation may come from the following sources:

Morrissey Mercury fanzine started last summer, now on its third or fourth issue - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/the-morrissey-mercury-free-fanzine-launched-today.151058/

Julie Hamill - https://boogalooradio.com/shows/hamilltime/

Dickie Felton - https://dickiefelton.com/

Moz Army folk - https://www.visitmanchester.com/whats-on/mozarmy-meet-2023-p724741

lively reddit pages - https://www.reddit.com/r/morrissey/

many tribute acts worth approaching etc.

What am I missing? Plenty, I know. Bravo though :highfive:

This is probably the most hateful Moz-related site on the internet. I would keep well away from this forum!
There's a discussion about msolo.com issues currently live on reddit -

They've come up with some imaginative caricatures!

Being a Scottish guy that likes Morrissey, like me. I think you should check out the Scottish man, Jackie Leven. He was in a punk band called Doll By Doll, but later went into a great solo career. The album I would start with is "Fairy tales for Hardmen" It's fantastic

Back
Top Bottom