Morrissey Central "New keyboard player." (May 6, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

I don't think that for a second. Since when does he care about that kind of thing?
Me neither. He really doesn't care for these things. Apart from the fact, that it's sad and alarming that two of the most liked and longstanding band members left and the band seemed to have a good energy together on the last two tours I'm actually curious for the two new additions, I mean they seem to both have a good reputation and experience...why reduce them to the fact that they're women? I really don't get that.

From 2020, Camila was reported to be joining the board of The Feel Something Foundation (FSF), launched late 2019 by Adam Lambert. FSF is a non-profit organisation in support of LGBTQ+ human rights. "Aiming to ensure support is given to the myriad of issues that continue to disproportionately affect the LGBTQ+ community, the foundation assists those charities that are moving the needle for communities of all ages and backgrounds. These are organisations that have a mission or project directly focussed on impacting the LGBTQ+ community in areas of Education & the Arts; Homelessness; Suicide Prevention and Mental Health."

It's mentioned for this audio interview with her contribution starting at 32:30 - https://www.buzzsprout.com/262267/2436473

Camila, take a bow, take a bow!

I suppose it's because he believes it will be more lucrative (more $$$, promotion, etc.) to sign with a big label. However, that's not really true today to begin with, not in 2023. And it's Morrissey - a legendary artist w/a deep catalog (from two careers) and at least X number of fans in the hundreds thousand globally. If he releases something very good - as per his 3 out of 4 ratio - most of those people will buy something. You can't let your good songwriters leave though, they need to remain. The two best we had just left (and they are really, really good). I sure hope they come back.

If he got this monkey off his back (desiring a big label) he could totally do it HIS way again - I hope he starts to see that. Also, these people who 'work' for him now, his nephew and the writer - they could be doing more proper work for him as employees of 'his label' or in charge of 'his promotion', etc. Something way beyond, yet more vital and concrete to his career, than what they are doing now.
Go back and read his latest interview. He wants to be on a label because he enjoys having the support of one. He wants to work with passionate, dedicated people, who are excited about his music and are willing to put the work in. At the end of the day, Moz wants to be an artist, not a businessman. It's too bad that he has been so closed-minded about indie labels since Rough Trade though. I don't think any major label will give him the care, attention and promotion that he deserves.

View attachment 90876

Camila Grey will play keyboards on the forthcoming Morrissey tour of Israel / Ireland / England.

No surprise.
FWD.

I wonder who will leave next? Could be anyone but Jesse.
f*** Moz,He must be bind or better Def.First Alain best thing. happened to Morrissey since Marr then phenomenal Gustavo ,Boz .What a shame !

Jeez that was a fright, when I saw this thread at the top of the queue I thought Camilla was off!
We all have our reasons to be here.
It balances out some of the angrier posts that too often appear here.

Similar...I just asked the missus...she told me to go away.

I sometimes think that she doesn't understand me.
Same here, but without drama, it felt more like a wasted usual 2 yearly opportunity:hourglasssand:.

We should be more aware but we, imperfect, with a sexual pref in decline by design, aka hetro male Gender Cis! and... White: :angry: esp, so covered in the most triggering of skin,
but in the twilight years we ALL become a funky alfonso.
So f*** it embrace it.
well... except the elder fumes.

So is it true about the band upheaval or was it inevitable and in the works?

Back
Top Bottom