My Mother on Morrissey

A few years ago, she took a long car ride with us. She sat in the back seat. When we arrived at our destination she emerged from the car with an annoyed look on her face. I asked what was wrong. She told me, in an irritable voice, that my husband and I are meant for each other because we must be the only two people on earth who can spend a three hour car trip discussing Morrissey.

I told her there are others. She didn't believe me.

Hahahahaaa, :D Oh how I love the reactions of our family members. :p

My mum: (while watching this charming man video).."is he a gay he looks like one":rolleyes:

while watching stop me video:"I like his hair,i used to have glasses like that"

watching top of pops:"look at that ponce"

my dad is more postive

as said by my dad"morrissey, thier is some good proper music not like this modern pop shite"

Your icon just made me slap at my monitor in horror.

My mother wasn't too keen on my love for him when I was a teen, but now she's positively CONCERNED. It's just not normal for someone to stay this obsessed with someone for twenty years. It's time for me to grow up now, you see. In my mom's world, being a grown up means giving up everything you've ever loved so you can be a very decent and boring parent who wears subdued colors and sits around watching TV all evening... every evening.

When my husband and I (loosely) follow his tours, she acts like we've lost our minds. Wouldn't we rather take a nice beach vacation?

D:

A few years ago, she took a long car ride with us. She sat in the back seat. When we arrived at our destination she emerged from the car with an annoyed look on her face. I asked what was wrong. She told me, in an irritable voice, that my husband and I are meant for each other because we must be the only two people on earth who can spend a three hour car trip discussing Morrissey.

I told her there are others. She didn't believe me.

Reminds me of the time I subjected my Mother (who else?) to a car trip of Morrissey. She told me that he was "dreadful", sounded "like the cow that died" and that he was "a terror".

But anyway, please don't grow up! It's not worth it!!

My 90 year old Italian Granny had something to say about women throwing their panties on stage at Tom Jones. The convo went like this...

I said, "Granny, if you were at a Tom Jones concert, would you throw your panties up on stage?"

She replied, "I'd sh*t in them first."

Lovely, eh? :o

Can't say I'd blame her!! :D

my parents like the man!

they even bought the ibest of! and listen to it in the car.

i'm a bit proud.

and we've got wonderful x-mas presents.

i know i'll get the london shows and i'm going to buy tickets for one of these shows for them

Ever since I got into Morrissey, my Mother has been coming up with very choice statements about the man himself. The conversation I had with her today about going to see him in England took the biscuit, though. I thought I should post a collection of her finest moments:

Tonights convo:

Me:"I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see him in Jan!"

Mammy:"What are you excited about? Sure aren't you giving him his bread and butter? And does he appreciate it?"

Me:"What do you think?"

Mammy:"Well, he's going around in his dressing robe saying 'amn't I rich?' When you meet him you should ask him what he does with his money"

On hearing "Such a litle thing makes........"

Mammy:"God, isn't he very kinky"

When Morrissey was on Jonathon Ross with Robbie Williams

Me:"Mammy, hasn't Morrissey a lovely smile?"

Mammy:"He'll do, I suppose"

Random Comment, can't remember it's origins...

Mammy:"He wouldn't look twice at the side of the street you were on"

Another random convo - sometimes I just like to ask my Mam questions
about Moz to annoy her

Me:"Mam, what do you think Morrisseys' doing now?"

Mammy:"He's probably out gadding about the town, with his women and his millions"

One Sunday evening

Me:"Mam, Morrissey likes red wine too"

Mammy:"Does he now? Well, that might keep him quiet......."

My Mam seems to think that Morrissey is a crooner type, of the Tom Jones ilk. Does anyone elses' Mother have thoughts on Morrissey? And if so, what are they?

You know what!! I'm seeing the funniest sitcom that hasn't been done yet on TV!! Write it!! it would be a blast!! Who could play your mom?? And you play yourself!! :D

Ahhhh, this thread is pure gold! It is totally cracking me up. Some of the comments from the mothers are PRICELESS. lol

- ana

This thread makes me think we need to organize a Chris Isaak v. Morrissey cage match. In my living room. I'll put down Visqueen (PVC sheeting used in construction etc.) My money is on Moz, he's three years younger and I think he's way tougher. I think he can snap Isaak like a little twig, quiff or no.

That would beat the hell out of the quiet acoustic Moz/Boz/Matt Walker set I was trying to book. Bastards want too much money.

This thread makes me think we need to organize a Chris Isaak v. Morrissey cage match. In my living room. I'll put down Visqueen (PVC sheeting used in construction etc.) My money is on Moz, he's three years younger and I think he's way tougher. I think he can snap Isaak like a little twig, quiff or no.

Dream on. Have you ever seen the mirrored suit that Isaak wears in concert? Moz would be blinded before he even knew what hit him. Plus, doesn't Isaak have a couple inches on Mozzy? I mean height-wise, you sick bastards.

art.jpg

Kee-rist, that's a hideous pic.

My mum absolutely adores Morrissey's voice. If you share a car with her, you know it will be Morrissey music all the way.

I keep in her good books by regularly supplying her with new tapes :)

good trick with the vacations! lol

i thought so too! i was so close to them taking me to myrtle beach as i whined and complained all summer but we didn't go so i guess i didn't execute the plan as well as i should have.:(

do they ever go to the gigs with you? if not, invite them if you have too, lol

no, unfortunately not :( i've only been to the one and i went with a friend. i'm pleased to say though that i don't think they would mind going. i've caught them watching my 'who put the m in manchester' dvd a few times when there is 'nothing good on the television':rolleyes:

ya, nothing on all right, lol. they know they are deperately in love with Moz! lol

ya, nothing on all right, lol. they know they are deperately in love with Moz! lol

that would be quite a wreck! usually they hold me back from being obsessive. if they joined in, all hell would break loose. :p can't say i wouldn't mind that however. i get along with them quite well and we joke about it often. i guess the only thing to ask is ugh, mummy are you lurking the boards? (please don't enter the depths of the frink thread though thankkkk you!)

Back
Top Bottom