My Mother on Morrissey

ya, the frink thread probably wouldnt be a good place for a mom with a child on the forum as well.
they are probably holding you back, because they are trying to hold themselves back too.

My mother has said:

- I'm sure he has much better things to do than to get online and read all the silly things people say about him.

For the record...

Everyweek I amuse myself all the way to work listening to "smodcast" with Kevin Smith. (The guy that made Clerks Mallrats Chasing Amy Jay and Silent Bob et all)

He literally says how he spends hours on end reading about what people write about him on the internet. It is verified through the viewaskiew.com message board where he actually responds. (It's his website mind you.)

I very much believe that Morrissey goes around the internet to various sites to see what people say about him and gets aggrivated with the more that he reads.

ya, the frink thread probably wouldnt be a good place for a mom with a child on the forum as well.
they are probably holding you back, because they are trying to hold themselves back too.

i was going to contest the fact that you referred to me as a child but then i realized that "technically" i still am. that's upsetting.
and maybe i have to really follow up this theory next time i visit. i'll plant some cds around the house and if they pop one in to listen in less than an hour i say they definitely are secretely in love.

what i meant by child was that you are their daughter, i didnt mean young, lol.

i should do the same, no one in my house listens to Moz except me. i think its time to change that. ill put a cd in my moms car and make it so it plays when she turns it on. lol

what i meant by child was that you are their daughter, i didnt mean young, lol.

i should do the same, no one in my house listens to Moz except me. i think its time to change that. ill put a cd in my moms car and make it so it plays when she turns it on. lol

i know what you meant by child. i was only jokingly going to contest when i realized i hadn't any ground to stand on while doing so.

i wish you luck on your mission! when i attempt to get people into moz i tell them something about him that they would enjoy. it usually works. for my brother i bombarded him with youtube videos of interviews with moz showing all his witty charm. and then i followed that with songs with some of the more clever and humourous lyrics and now he's quite keen!

well my mom hates morrissey i don`t know why but she does,the other day i was watching the what difference does it make video and she said that he looked grotesque and also gay with the flowers on his hip pocket,she hates his songs and his voice,and she keeps telling me that moz looks like a 60 year old man,she also laughs when i tell her that morrissey is handsome,she says that he looks like a raccoon,and my dad doesn`t know who`s morrissey:mad:

My mum says he looks "old" and she'd have Robert Smith any day of the week over Morrissey. She calls him the "wedding singer" which really annoys me! But she does record me Morrissey appearances on Foxtel (so she must love me).

Last month she saw 'Everyday Is Like...' on tv, phoned me up & said "you do have a type don't you?". And said that he looked quite nice when he was young.

She also hated the falsetton in 'Miserable Lie' & would ban me from playing it when I lived at home. And in 'Panic' she would sing "I'm the DJ, I'm the DJ, I'm the DJ"....

Great thread!

My Mum was watching him singing The Youngest on Jonathon Ross, and she said

"I don't know why he does it to himself. It all looks too much for him. Look at his body language. Perhaps he'd be happier at home."

I was due to see him at Truro a couple of days later. Then she said,

"Why you want to go a see a grown man dying of embarrassment I'll never know, it just seems cruel to me."

:D

Morrissey fans are cruel!!! That is so hilarious....

However - I do think Morrissey looks perfectly 'at home' on the stage :)

This threads making me laugh and cry. I lost my mum just before any of the solo stuff came out, but she was well versed in The Smiths and would often use them to point out the error of my ways:o. Unsuitable boyfriends being the classic.....I remember being lead to my room and having all my Morrissey posters pointed out with "that's the kind of man you should be looking to marry - one intelligent enough to put up with you".

great thread!!

when i left home to go to university in 1990 my mum went out and bought a few smiths tapes so that she could play them to remind her of me!

Mammy sounds fun!

My mother thinks he's a singing priest, and I allow her to continue because it amuses me.

morrisseyihaveforgivenjwd2.jpg

OMG,
lol
all your parents sound like nutters. lol

I am so glad i have NOTHING whatsoever to do with my family. and thats the way im gonna keep it. :)

I guess my parents are cool. I had a extra ticket to Moz this summer, so I gave it to my mom. she said she liked the show and wants to go again. I made her a mixed cd of Moz and Smiths music. She likes it:) My dad said Moz music isn't that bad. I guess all those years for playing it is starting to wear them down:D

Back
Top Bottom