Morrissey question on Battle of the brains BBC2!!!

Who's legendary rock singer's album You Are The Quarry reached number 2 in 2004? haha the silly bitch didn't know! Makes me angry! hehe

I would've been shouting at the tv, going "Come ON, it's so EASY!"

:DHe's wonderful! He did write a very serious book called "Depression and How To Survive It", but he wrote some very funny parodies of books like Lady Chatterly's Shrubber. He looked exactly like my granddad!

:D :p Have you ever read Viz? A lot of it is just disgusting and not funny, but there are also a lot of really funny parts. In one years ago, there was a little squiggle on the page and if one took a magnifying glass to it it'd say something like "You should get your eyes checked" or something. And the letters are quite funny and clever sometimes. Sometimes it has nearly made me physically sick and was unfunny....

I haven't read that one. I must try and get it.

I read Viz years ago but not even sure if it's still going. It was very revolutionary in its day. There was a programme on BBC the other night about adult comics and most of the show was about Viz. Lawrence Logic was a personal favourite..:)

I remember one of the letters just after the Queen Mother died, this guy had written that he used to be a fan of the Royal Family until he had discovered that the Queen Mother had died in her bed at 3:30 in the afternoon, ending the letter with - "The lazy bitch"...lol!

I haven't read that one. I must try and get it.

I read Viz years ago but not even sure if it's still going. It was very revolutionary in its day. There was a programme on BBC the other night about adult comics and most of the show was about Viz. Lawrence Logic was a personal favourite..:)

I remember one of the letters just after the Queen Mother died, this guy had written that he used to be a fan of the Royal Family until he had discovered that the Queen Mother had died in her bed at 3:30 in the afternoon, ending the letter with - "The lazy bitch"...lol!

Viz is DEFINITELY still going!:p Is this Comics Britannia? I've seen the Beano one and the one that had Watchmen etc in it, but I don't think I saw that!

Viz is DEFINITELY still going!:p Is this Comics Britannia? I've seen the Beano one and the one that had Watchmen etc in it, but I don't think I saw that!

That's the one..:) A BBC Four on BBC Two production.

It was on last friday, 9th of August. Not that this helps any..:p

That's the one..:) A BBC Four on BBC Two production.

It was on last friday, 9th of August. Not that this helps any..:p

Does Monty Python go without saying?:p Marty Feldman too! I love him!

My gran is trying to pit me against my aunty!:p

Does Monty Python go without saying?:p Marty Feldman too! I love him!

My gran is trying to pit me against my aunty!:p

Python does go without saying..:) Of course Spike was the big influence behind them..:) I never really got into Feldman's work - is that the guy with the bulbous eyes?

Is Gran bored or something? If so, it's good to see the older generation trying to cause arguments....:p

Python does go without saying..:) Of course Spike was the big influence behind them..:) I never really got into Feldman's work - is that the guy with the bulbous eyes?

Is Gran bored or something? If so, it's good to see the older generation trying to cause arguments....:p

Yes, he was cross-eyed and bulgy eyed.

No, it's just my aunt never invited my gran to her wedding!:D

Yes, he was cross-eyed and bulgy eyed.

No, it's just my aunt never invited my gran to her wedding!:D

I have a recollection of that guy. Must check him out... - The comedic equivalent of don't call us....:)

Grannies live on weddings and funerals. I am with Gran on this one. What a cheek...:mad::p

I have a recollection of that guy. Must check him out... - The comedic equivalent of don't call us....:)

Grannies live on weddings and funerals. I am with Gran on this one. What a cheek...:mad::p

:D

Oh, no, I understand completely why she wasn't involved! She'd have embarassed her and anyway, it was only in a registry office! She's truly a horrible person!:p

:D

Oh, no, I understand completely why she wasn't involved! She'd have embarassed her and anyway, it was only in a registry office! She's truly a horrible person!:p

A bit far away from the idea of a sweet silver haired granny...:p Does she get pissed and stuff?

She sounds great..:) Though obnoxious people are best to know about through anecdote and not actual experience..:)

A bit far away from the idea of a sweet silver haired granny...:p Does she get pissed and stuff?

She sounds great..:) Though obnoxious people are best to know about through anecdote and not actual experience..:)

Haha, indeed! Someday, I'll tell you of my grandfather! Too much to tell now!;) She doesn't get pissed but she smells of piss. Racist too!

Haha, indeed! Someday, I'll tell you of my grandfather! Too much to tell now!;) She doesn't get pissed but she smells of piss. Racist too!

You should get her into Morrissey then....:p The smelling of piss is optional though..:)

How is Gran about the Wedding snub? Is she taking it well?..:)

You should get her into Morrissey then....:p The smelling of piss is optional though..:)

How is Gran about the Wedding snub? Is she taking it well?..:)

Oh, she says that she knew Morrissey's mother... went to school with her in Crumlin! It's possible-she only lived around the corner from her! And she used to see Peter about.

Not at all, she ignores my aunty now!

they could, at least, have tried to be topical and asked, "is 'jerry' dead or not?"

Oh, she says that she knew Morrissey's mother... went to school with her in Crumlin! It's possible-she only lived around the corner from her! And she used to see Peter about.

Not at all, she ignores my aunty now!

It's perfectly possible. Has she got any stories about Moz's Mum?

Old age gives you certain rights - the ability to just ignore people and not give a toss. It must be very freeing...:)

how very funny it is when morrissey fans on here really do believe and speak the way he does when firstly they're not even English to begin with! Ha

You're ridiculing people for being patient and intelligent enough to learn a second language? Are you 12 years old? :rolleyes:

You're ridiculing people for being patient and intelligent enough to learn a second language? Are you 12 years old? :rolleyes:

No I am bloody well not talking about people learning English as their second language!

Back
Top Bottom