Morrissey In Today's MEN - Picture With Courteeners

Teehee, that picture looks warped. I like the blue shirt :cool:

fuzzy but cool :cool: Lucky gents, wit Da Mozzfather's endorsement.

How/where do they "name-check Moz" in What Took You So Long?

WTF does that even mean? Strings as in orchestra, strings as in puppets, strings as in shoes, etc.?

Hhhmmmmm what about as in 'No strings attached' which applies to Morrissey:confused:
So whoever the song is about is like Morrissey but with strings attached....

Jukebox Jury

Having Morrissey champion you always seems to be the kiss of death for a band as in The Primitives,Bradford,Mary Margaret O Hara et al where are they now?

Alan

Sometimes I'm bad, sometimes I'm rotten, sometimes I say things I probably
should have forgotten about people or things
do you know who I am, I'm like Morrissey with some strings

so, yes, that's how I see it... The guy can play guitar

Any lyrics after that or is that a 'break'? btw, I see it as shoestring potatoes. Kidding. I see it your way, anne. I need to listen to these guys, do they/lead singer have a Moz sound/influence?

In that picture Morrissey is saying "Sup mutha f***a?"

I really don't get what he sees in them. I'm off to be sick / kill myself. Melodramatic? Me? Never! :D

I saw them support The Coral in Manchester late last year..... they were alright, good but not great and to be honest, just another in a long line of Libertines wannabies......

Jukebox Jury

Laughing Anne, your signature gif has me spellbound (but a woman divides...). Viva la Skinny Moz!

fuzzy but cool :cool: Lucky gents, wit Da Mozzfather's endorsement.

How/where do they "name-check Moz" in What Took You So Long?

Even the title of the song reminds me of a line in Let the right one slip in, albeit replacing kept with took.

As for The Courteneers, they're absolutely dreadful. Not fit to lace any of the great manchester bands boots.

Having Morrissey champion you always seems to be the kiss of death for a band as in The Primitives,Bradford,Mary Margaret O Hara et al where are they now?

Alan

Yes, it's long been thought that a Moz endorsement is the kiss of death for up'n'coming bands. Also add to that list Sack and Echobelly. Doh!

Do they have a myspaz page? Any link to their songs for free? I'd like to decide for myself whether they are crap or not.

No, he's saying ''I bet that Jukebox Jury posts this up on Morrissey-solo again like that airport picture last week:rolleyes:''

Jukebox Jury

That MEN photo is even WORSE than any cheap mobile camera shot. WTF!

Back
Top Bottom