Morrissey bowling thread

The alley where we go has kids' bowling leagues... I know a five year old who has his own shoes and ball.

But really, the kids think cosmic bowling is the coolest thing ever, and if a few blacklights and a disco ball have that much potential to make someone happy... how can you pass that up?

I've never heard of cosmic bowling! It seems I've been missing out

i see a mini golf/bowling morrissey-solo challenge one day.

we need to make this happen.

most def.

Last edited:
You aren't invited out much are you?

I was going to say that no, I'm not. Then I realized that I kind of am. Way more than I'd like to be, really. I'm constantly turning down invitations. I'm not a social person. I want to do what I want to do and not much else. I mean, I go out quite a bit, but only with a few select people and never to anything like bowling.

Not that you are actually interested in my social habits. I realize you were trying to be snide. Still, I answered sincerely.

True Jackass Buzzetta Long Island Style...

Heartland Golf... About eight years ago four of us played mini golf dressed in khakis, polo shirts, hats and brought four full sets of clubs around. We thought about caddies but could not find another four people willing to embarrass themselves.

Fun time... of course after we were done we went and got wrecked.

Unpleasant was dislocating my elbow while landing funny doing the long jump in 8th grade. THAT was unpleasant. Bowling does not even compare even remotely close to unpleasant.

Both of those things sound unpleasant to me, just in different ways.

I've never heard of cosmic bowling! It seems I've been missing out

Yes, you have! They turn out all the lights, have blacklights over the lanes, disco balls, flashing lights, and loud, very bad pop music. Last time we were there I noticed "My Humps" or whatever it's called--didn't feel it was appropriate for children (or anyone else with ears) but they weren't paying attention. Maybe it's a local thing, I don't know. I had never heard of it before moving here.

Gah... must start thinking of goody bags. Most people just give bags of candy, but I try to put better stuff in there. Maybe I'll do packs of playing cards and pencils... and a little bit of candy. One year I did little custom spy-themed notepads. Hm... will have to hit the craft store this week. Matchbox cars? All little boys love those. Any ideas?

Yes, you have! They turn out all the lights, have blacklights over the lanes, disco balls, flashing lights, and loud, very bad pop music. Last time we were there I noticed "My Humps" or whatever it's called--didn't feel it was appropriate for children (or anyone else with ears) but they weren't paying attention. Maybe it's a local thing, I don't know. I had never heard of it before moving here.

Gah... must start thinking of goody bags. Most people just give bags of candy, but I try to put better stuff in there. Maybe I'll do packs of playing cards and pencils... and a little bit of candy. One year I did little custom spy-themed notepads. Hm... will have to hit the craft store this week. Matchbox cars? All little boys love those. Any ideas?

Hasbro has been recycling bare bones GI Joe figures at $2 each at most discount outlets. Figures are carded and include no weapons.

True Jackass Buzzetta Long Island Style...

Heartland Golf... About eight years ago four of us played mini golf dressed in khakis, polo shirts, hats and brought four full sets of clubs around. We thought about caddies but could not find another four people willing to embarrass themselves.

Fun time... of course after we were done we went and got wrecked.

i always just bring and use my own putter.:rolleyes:

But really, the kids think cosmic bowling is the coolest thing ever, and if a few blacklights and a disco ball have that much potential to make someone happy... how can you pass that up?

Woo Hoo Wee Yay!!! oh wait. you're not talking about me...? :p

Count me in. I was brought up a bowler. :cool:

Maybe Pregs, trubs and NRitH and I can go late night drunken bowling this Friday. :D You know...to celebrate my birfday!?

Do you have a Party City nearby? They have good trinkets for 'themed' parties. I always make great goodie bags :) and throw only one piece of candy in it. But, I have absolutely no idea on shopping for boys. :o

Can you really bowl properly with a limp wrist?..:p

Hasbro has been recycling bare bones GI Joe figures at $2 each at most discount outlets. Figures are carded and include no weapons.

Ooh... good tip. Thank you, I'll look for them!

Woo Hoo Wee Yay!!! oh wait. you're not talking about me...? :p

Count me in. I was brought up a bowler. :cool:

Maybe Pregs, trubs and NRitH and I can go late night drunken bowling this Friday. :D You know...to celebrate my birfday!?

Do you have a Party City nearby? They have good trinkets for 'themed' parties. I always make great goodie bags :) and throw only one piece of candy in it. But, I have absolutely no idea on shopping for boys. :o

Yes, we have Party City. I'm afraid to go in there with kids, I end up buying all sorts of crap.

We should go bowling... I'll find out about the one at House of Blues, I know it's open very late. How late I can stay out may depend on how well I feel, but based on how I felt last weekend I will outlast you all! :D

Edited: 10pin isn't accepting an 11pm reservation, and it's $70 per hour, with a two hour minimum. And something tells me drinks are not included in that. It's that crazy River North rent they have to pay...

Last edited:
get a wrist guard! Are you talking about yourself or Moz? :p ;)

funny-pictures-bowling-ball-cat.jpg

LOL!...:D I went bowling once and beat an alcoholic and a schizophrenic so all in all it was a good day...:)

Back
Top Bottom