Major Tour of Japan, NZ and More Announced

Re: I want that thing

Thanks for posting Boz's reply to your question. I'll stay optimistic for Australia and if not, a trip to either Japan or NZ would be ok too. Agree, though that it is not that financially easy and I think they flight is more than 3 hours.

Yeah if theres no Aus shows theres no way I'll be able to get to Japan or NZ for a show. I just quit my job to become a full time student again for the first time in years and have a trip to Byron Bay for Bluesfest in April already committed to, so it'll be shattering if Aus gets left off on this tour. Normally you'd say you'd not come down this end of the world to those places and not leave Aus out, but this is Morrissey we're talking about, it's exactly the kind of thing I can see happening.

Oh c'mon

lighten up, champy. You can roll with the punches and take some light-hearted digs, can't you? I mean, after that royal bitchslap you just gave me anonymously out there on the main page under this topic

Touche. The olive branch has been extended on my behalf. Don't take life -- or the internet -- so seriously, is all I'm saying

Oh my God, is there actually something wrong with you? You can make your light-hearted digs all you want, I don't care one way or the other. Where these supposed "digs" are I do not know, but anyway. I didn't write anything anonymously. Is that what all this shit is about, you trying to find out who doesn't like you? I'll tell you - not anonymously - I don't care enough about you to dislike you. You just seem odd and I do not want to talk to you.

Keep your olive branch, "is all I'm saying"

Now this is your last reply from me.

I'll take it, it's close enough to Australia! I was very excited to see this tour announced this morning. Now, to decide between Japan or New Zealand.

Not swaying you, but Air New Zealand often have cheaps flights to and from Melbourne and Sydney on special for around $150 taxes not included. The Tasman air route is quite competive and other airlines could be offering good bargins. From the east coast of Australia to New Zealand it is a three hour flight. A little of subject , but a flight from Auckland to Tokoyo takes around nine hours.

If he does come to Auckland New Zealand, the show most likely would be at the Town Hall. Right in the CBD. I say tickets would be around the $90 mark.

Suedehead...already heard it...next please

Would like him to play it live sometime though! :)

Boz replied to me, for those Aussies here who might be curious he had this to say regarding Australian dates:

"never say never but it's only a 3 hour plane ride for you - much longer for me!"

So that either means there will be some and they just haven't been finalised yet so can't announce them .. or there won't be any. Basically giving us not much to work on :( I guess to his credit his hands are kinda bound with what he can/can't give away. Surely if there were no plans for Australia at all or if they knew it wasn't happening they'd just say?

The 3 hour plane ride (or maybe 5 for me? Never been to NZ...) is true, but as I pointed out to him, I also don't have his finances to make it that easy, figures that the year I choose to go back to study and be a poor student for the first time in years is the year I could do with being employed full time to be able to go "screw it, I'll go to NZ for a show!" if he ignores Aus.

Once again I say, if we're left off, it'll be heart breaking :( But pleased for all our Japanese and NZ fans here at least since they've been in the same boat as us for this long.

I also want to add my thanks for the idea of messaging Boz and for posting his answer. It did seem somewhat vague of him ; with luck, a minor grumble about flight hours isn't a definitive "no". I've really liked the boot-legs from recent times (both the set-list and the heavier rock sound of the last few years) and hope dearly something similar turns up in this country.

Last edited:
Not swaying you, but Air New Zealand often have cheaps flights to and from Melbourne and Sydney on special for around $150 taxes not included. The Tasman air route is quite competive and other airlines could be offering good bargins. From the east coast of Australia to New Zealand it is a three hour flight. A little of subject , but a flight from Auckland to Tokoyo takes around nine hours.

If he does come to Auckland New Zealand, the show most likely would be at the Town Hall. Right in the CBD. I say tickets would be around the $90 mark.

I think that New Zealand would be the best option. A flight at the moment from Adelaide is $239 and takes a bit over 4 hours. I just thought Japan would be good as I have always wanted to go there. However, price wise, NZ is the best value for me. I hope the dates/schedule gets announced soon.

Please come to Asia .... Japan, Thailand,Philippines, etc.... I dont care, I really dont care .... I want to see Morrissey anywhere in Asia. :thumb:

I'd be over the moon if Morrissey has a Singapore date pencilled in. However, flying to Thailand could work.

TTY Jan 20th: "Full details of Morrissey's Japanese tour for April will be announced on January 27th by promoters in Japan."

Has TTY EVER gotten an announce date or an on-sale date right? Not that I'm going to Japan... just curious to see when that swing starts to see if Moz might make a tour stop in Miami or New York after Columbia but before Japan, etc.

Have they mostly been slightly wrong or totally wrong?
Do you think we can expect the news during the next few days?
Was looking forward to the news since I'm living in Japan... was checking the websites all day, but in vain...

Have they mostly been slightly wrong or totally wrong?
Do you think we can expect the news during the next few days?
Was looking forward to the news since I'm living in Japan... was checking the websites all day, but in vain...

I would say that TTY is usually correct about the general plans, but often wrong about the specifics. I think the announcement is coming soon, but whenever they say "details are coming on such-and-such a date" it almost never happens.

I would say that TTY is usually correct about the general plans, but often wrong about the specifics. I think the announcement is coming soon, but whenever they say "details are coming on such-and-such a date" it almost never happens.

Thanks for the clarification. You keep my hopes to get good news soon alive. :)
Guess it's gonna happen next week. Can't wait.

I like your thinking. I had the same idea. However, I don't think he'd bother to bring the entire band to the East Coast for one or two stops.

I can't wait to see the Japanese dates - I would imagine he would need to be in Japan for 3 weeks to cover 10 dates.

TTY Jan 20th: "Full details of Morrissey's Japanese tour for April will be announced on January 27th by promoters in Japan."

Has TTY EVER gotten an announce date or an on-sale date right? Not that I'm going to Japan... just curious to see when that swing starts to see if Moz might make a tour stop in Miami or New York after Columbia but before Japan, etc.

Last edited:
He actually did that in November of 2006. When he stopped in Chicago for a one-off between Mexico and Greece..

I like your thinking. I had the same idea. However, I don't think he'd bother to bring the entire band to the East Coast for one or two stops.

I can't wait to see the Japanese dates - I would imagine he would need to be in Japan for 3 weeks to cover 10 dates.

Yes, forgot about that! So we do have hope for it to happen. :D

He actually did that in November of 2006. When he stopped in Chicago for a one-off between Mexico and Greece..

Last edited:
Maybe there is a delay on the announcement because they are putting finishing touches on an Australian leg of the tour?? ... god im clutching at straws here :(

One first date has appeared on an official ticket office site:

2012 04 27 Hiroshima

So the tour seems to be around the end of April. Plenty of time between South America and Japan.

One first date has appeared on an official ticket office site:

2012 04 27 Hiroshima

So the tour seems to be around the end of April. Plenty of time between South America and Japan.

Thanks for the heads up.

The ticket price is 8000 yen (roughly £67) :eek: on sale from 4 March 10:00 Japan time.

Last edited:
The announcement was deleted from the site I have cited here (Ticket Pia)... so the date remains uncertain.

@Kewpie: do you have another source?

Back
Top Bottom