Lloyd Cole's signed copy of 'Meat Is Murder'

Surface versus Samsa. The Earth shall sh...rug.

If Morrissey played the track Meat Is Murder, rather than the entire album Meat Is Murder, perhaps Cole's reaction is more understandable. It's a tough listen today, let alone then. If someone played it to you for the very first time today, what would you say? It's got a good beat?

Bit of a surprise but I am agreeing with you as well. I don't like the track, i appreciate what he trying to say but i justbfind it boring and haven't listened to it for years apart from at gigs but even then I tend to use it for piss time,

"Lloyd Cole is a tremendously nice person, much more fascinating than anything he's ever put on vinyl. I think he's a lovely person."

Morrissey, November 1984

"Lloyd Cole is a tremendously nice person, much more fascinating than anything he's ever put on vinyl. I think he's a lovely person."

Morrissey, November 1984

I was just thinking about that quote. Thanks for posting it.

I don't think Lloyd was being rude. Maybe he meant that he was just lost for words. Or perhaps he meant it wasn't easy to respond positively after listening to the title track. I think he's a genuinely nice person and that his comment might have been misunderstood.

Lloyd has a beautiful boy.

Lloyd wasn't being that negative. I know a lot of people who couldn't decide whether or not they liked the song 'Meat is murder' on first listen. It took me a long time before I really liked it. Back in the day it was my least favoured track on the album.
Lloyd is a very nice guy. I've met him at least three times down through the years and he was always friendly and willing to talk. He seems like a shy man and was never comfortable with the hysteria that follows any artist with fans who really like him.
His son William is the spitting image of Lloyd. Hard to believe he is all grown up. You can see him as a child on the cover of Lloyd's cd single 'Baby' from 1995.

i never liked meat is muder.
those who still why marr took a walk, all you have to do is listen to this song, high drama over eating a turkey sandwich.

Remind me again who Lloyd Cole is?

I wish Moz would start his tour already, so these dreary non-news gets tucked away.

I wish Moz would start his tour already, so these dreary non-news gets tucked away.

Be careful what you wish for. One sniff of a review in the press, which will prattle on about Moz being The King of Mope or some other bollocks without a mention of the concert they're reviewing, and all the fools that drive you mad will be on here.

Be careful what you wish for. One sniff of a review in the press, which will prattle on about Moz being The King of Mope or some other bollocks without a mention of the concert they're reviewing, and all the fools that drive you mad will be on here.

So true. There will be 300 comments on each concert and approx. 2 of them will be pertinent to the concert. Those two comments will be: (1) Here is the setlist. (2) Thanks for the setlist but one of the songs was missing, here is the correct list. The next 40 comments will be 'why didn't he play this one instead?' and after that it degenerates into abuse and people trying to justify their abuse.

meat is murder is kinda like kick the bride down the isle for me. its a song that builds to the dramatic moment which in kick the bride is the big crash after the march and meat is murder builds to that moment where morrissey says "its murder" in that very affected voice. seeing meat is murder live really let the music set in and was much better than on album where my attention starts to waver on first or second listen.

Yeah! Look at him with his opinion!

Anyone expressing opinions should expect to be called out on them.
What the f*** are we.....hippies?
Someone slags your family do you shrug and say..."oh well youre entitled to your opinion"?

Anyone expressing opinions should expect to be called out on them.
What the f*** are we.....hippies?
Someone slags your family do you shrug and say..."oh well youre entitled to your opinion"?

i do say that but at the same time i ask for there reasoning and question challenge that. most people dont have any and dont wanna talk about there reasoning and just end up looking stupid while i walk away feeling pretty good about myself. they walk away angry looking dumb or childish at least. sometimes there anger makes them say even stupider things. looking mature in an argument about opinion is already half way there to winning the argument or at least shutting down theres even if i fail to change there opinion. it also makes them reconsider how they talk to you in the future.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom