Let’s download Morrissey into the top 40

Nothing would please Moz quite as much as if "Hand in Glove" became a huge 24 years after the original release!

Other suggestions:
Ouija Board
Pashernate Love
Nobody Loves Us
Sing Your Life
I Know It's Over (the live version from Thank Your Lucky Stars. Nothing would go over well on the radio quite like "Jesus Christ! Don't be SO STUPID!"

This is a wonderful idea!!
I agree with The Smiths -- Well I wonder
Morrissey -- National Front Disco.
I think from Morrissey: He Knows I'd Love To See Him, Dissappointed, Come Back to Camden, & Seasick, Yet Still Docked, & also Certain People I Know. And for The Smiths...The Headmaster Ritual, Rusholme Ruffians, How Soon Is Now? [of course], Nowhere Fast, Barbarism Begins at Home, & yes of course, Meat Is Murder, & William, It Was Really Nothing.
......Good choices??

Last edited:
Nothing would please Moz quite as much as if "Hand in Glove" became a huge 24 years after the original release!

Other suggestions:
Ouija Board
Pashernate Love
Nobody Loves Us
Sing Your Life
I Know It's Over (the live version from Thank Your Lucky Stars. Nothing would go over well on the radio quite like "Jesus Christ! Don't be SO STUPID!"

I agree 'Hand in glove' is a brilliant choice :)

Thanks for all of your suggestion, keep them coming :)

A few of you have selected 90s b-sides. I don’t know about other download sites but they’re not available on itunes. They only have more resent YATQ and ROTT b-sides.

Last edited:
my choices would be:

Boxers
Sunny
Life is a Pigsty

And on The Smiths front:

Meat Is Murder
Hand In Glove
Still Ill

This is a UK chart experiment but it would be a great help if fans from other countries also took part. In itunes you can select the UK store in the ‘my store’ section.

Never Played Symphonies or Friday Mourning get my vote, It should definitely be a Morrissey rather than a Smiths song.

Last edited:
I am with the great idea brigade, love it. I suppose we have to decide on one sometime. I do think we should go for a Morrissey song but if it has to be a Smiths I am with Hand in glove, imagine getting that into the top ten :) brilliant.

Thanks for the support Karin :)

I'm going to create a poll sometime tomorrow, so if anyone has any song suggestions that have not yet been mentioned, then act now or risk disappointment ;)

It's got to be a morrissey song
as morrissey is still going.
Joyce will get some money if we download smiths songs and morrissey probably won't have anything to do with it.

It needs to be something obscure or just a classic...like
I know it's gonna happen someday!

This is a great idea but it has to be something available in all download stores. Except for Hatful of Hollow (oddly) The Smiths aren't on iTunes. As for the song to download, it has to something pre-Quarry, and something that was not released a single. Maybe Speedway (but that is my favorite song, so I am biased).

Okay here’s the list so far.

As I mentioned earlier some of the song suggestions were 90s b-sides and unfortunately aren’t available for download. And the maximum poll amount is 15 so I had to narrow it down slightly.

Here’s the list.

Meat is Murder
How soon is now
Hand in glove
Well I wonder
I know it’s over
Trouble loves me
Don’t make fun of daddy’s voice
National front disco
The never played symphonies
Life is a pigsty
Come back to Camden
Friday morning
Seasick, yet still docked
Speedway
I know it’s gonna happen someday

Is there any songs you think should be added or taken away or would you be satisfied with this as the poll.

Back
Top Bottom