Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand what's happened to him over the last 10 years (or more).

His lyrics are clumsy and unoriginal. The music is uninspiring.

I want to like the new stuff, but I just don't. And the scary thing is, it isn't just the new stuff. I said on here recently that the last genuinely solid album he put out was Years of Refusal. That was 2009. Fourteen years ago.

That's like if everything after Bona Drag had been shit until You Are the Quarry.

He's been coasting for far too long and blaming everyone else for his problems. It's tiresome.

Get your shit together Morrissey or just retire.
As much as it pains me to say it, but you’re right. Here’s why - Jesse joined in 2004 and became a main staple in 2009 when Alain was replaced, er, I mean ill. Because of this, the music has gone downhill and will continue to go downhill because Jesse has brainwashed Morrissey and Moz can’t see the forest for the trees. Now both Boz and Alain are gone and I doubt either one will be back. So there goes the two greatest songwriters Morrissey has worked with. Alain has won awards and has written songs for some of the most popular and well respected people in music. What the hell does he need someone like Jesse Tobias, who has accomplished nothing, telling him how it’s gonna be done in the Morrissey camp? It’s a f***ing joke.

Tech issues with the guitarist tonight? 🙄

God. I never thought I’d feel this way.

Last edited:

Solid show in the beginning and end, but he really should go full steam from beginning to end since he only plays for 75 minutes. Unfortunately, recent (unreleased) songs cause a dip in the middle.

There was a fair amount of banter and band introductions. From memory
- I only had 3 girlfriends, Virginia Woulf and a few others, they all ended badly (before Girlfriend)
- Something about being worried about France / someone should save France before Paris followed by Notr Dame
- If you happen to be dreaming about sexual intercourse - or something like that - please think about me before The Loop
- it can be hard to urvive, and I hope you can all live a long life, before Knockabout World
- The usual complaint about no longer able to get a record deal in UK

Just got back, loved it! venue was great, no getting bashed about (I’ve got a broken arm so was especially grateful for that) Moz sounded superb, he was chatty and funny, band were good. Ended a bit weird….no encore, everyone stood there going is that it…

This is a very interesting and enjoyable set list with a lot of variety.

Edit: sarcasm.

This is a very interesting and enjoyable set list with a lot of variety.
bagdad-bob.jpg

As much as it pains me to say it, but you’re right. Here’s why - Jesse joined in 2007 and became a main staple in 2009 when Alain was replaced, er, I mean ill. Because of this, the music has gone downhill and will continue to go downhill because Jesse has brainwashed Morrissey and Moz can’t see the forest for the trees. Now both Boz and Alain are gone and I doubt either one will be back. So there goes the two greatest songwriters Morrissey has worked with. Alain has won awards and has written songs for some of the most popular and well respected people in music. What the hell does he need someone like Jesse Tobias, who has accomplished nothing, telling him how it’s gonna be done in the Morrissey camp? It’s a f***ing joke.

Tech issues with the guitarist tonight? 🙄

God. I never thought I’d feel this way.

Being privy to tremendous inside info, I can confirm Jesse is cancer itself personified. @dneuer

Went with my mate who is a pretty big fan, his gf and my bro who know his big songs.

We all enjoyed it, particularly opening with five big songs, but from then on it really was awfully self-indulgent at times. We had a good laugh during Notre-Dame, I gave them a heads up about it. Never seen such a long stream of people going for a piss (pardon the expression). He clearly feels he owes casual fans in his audience the absolute bare minimum (five or so 'big' songs), yet also obviously feels the world owes him infinite record deals, permanent adulation and to unquestioningly accept everything he says, despite the fact he's been talking unhinged rubbish for years. My bro described him as very odd.

It's a shame really. With his amazing voice, charisma and the incredible arsenal of songs he has to choose from he could put on an absolutely unforgettable night, and still find room for recent stuff. It wasn't *bad* but it's hard not to feel disappointed that the great moments - and they were great - were so few and far between.

Luckily got two tickets for £30 each, wouldn't have paid full price. Thought the band were pretty good although Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before was a bit of a mess musically, understand a guitarist had issues. Third time seeing Morrissey and probably won't bother again unless he was on at a festival and there was nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom