"It’s weird being an immigrant Muslim Morrissey fan" by Shihab S Joi - HuffPost UK

"I’m fine with Morrissey being weird and misunderstood. Which, incidentally, is why those of us allergic to normal were drawn to him in the first place." Perfectly stated.

"As long as he doesn’t release a track called Actually, I Hate Brown People, Particularly You, Yes, You, Shihab, I won’t take it personally. I’m fine with Morrissey being weird and misunderstood. Which, incidentally, is why those of us allergic to normal were drawn to him in the first place."

Those previous words make us believe he is a fan, but when he says: "I absolutely separate the artist from his art" that's an insult to the person of Morrissey. I won't believe a person who makes that remark will go on being a fan in the same way he was before, if he ever was.

"It’s a long list for the dumpster: John Lennon was a wife beater, Caravaggio was a murderer, Byron was a pervert, Bowie and Jimmy Page reportedly slept with underage girls". Those are actual crimes: injury, homicide, abuse. That comparison is an insult to Morrissey. Ergo, this is a hateful article disguised as a fan article. It seems to be the new media approach, like Joyce's interview.

Most people would agree that Islamic extremism is a threat to our personal safety. It might not be the biggest threat -- I happen to think a system that simultaneously creates rampant poverty and demonises the poor is a bigger threat -- but it is a very real threat. The 23 people shredded to death and 500 injured in Manchester on 22nd May 2017 are proof of that.
Just a question.
If you replace the term "Islamic extremism" with the term "IRA", can we be racist towards all Irish people? (I know that since 1997, there is the ceasefire).
But I just wanted to show that for some cases, we amalgamate a bit and especially far-right parties (including For Britain), between Islamists and mulsumans.
All the Irish were not terrorists and all the Irish did not support the IRA.

So, it bothers me that morriSSey publicly supports For Britain, because if you take all the speeches from For Britain, you will see that amalgam is very numerous, we quickly fall into populism and lies.

Re the Irish, back in the 80's the Irish were mistrusted too, called backward, not really wanted here. Were thought of as thick Paddies.

I'd say 9/10 people I know are Irish or have at least one Irish parent. The Irish really took over here. They took over my house, I'm the only English person in it!

Despite the English mistrust and often loathing of them, it turned out they were really alright. Just a few of them were a bit shooty.

Just a question.
If you replace the term "Islamic extremism" with the term "IRA", can we be racist towards all Irish people? (I know that since 1997, there is the ceasefire).
But I just wanted to show that for some cases, we amalgamate a bit and especially far-right parties (including For Britain), between Islamists and mulsumans.
All the Irish were not terrorists and all the Irish did not support the IRA.

So, it bothers me that morriSSey publicly supports For Britain, because if you take all the speeches from For Britain, you will see that amalgam is very numerous, we quickly fall into populism and lies.
I recall that in most cases the IRA gave a warning, they did in Manchester anyway

Re the Irish, back in the 80's the Irish were mistrusted too, called backward, not really wanted here. Were thought of as thick Paddies.

I'd say 9/10 people I know are Irish or have at least one Irish parent. The Irish really took over here. They took over my house, I'm the only English person in it!

Despite the English mistrust and often loathing of them, it turned out they were really alright. Just a few of them were a bit shooty.

O yes, of course, they turned out just spiffy. After centuries of off and on civil wars.:crazy:
Half a dozen were "shooty" at best, the ones with knives (a no no according to Sadiq:crazy:)
were beheaded by Cromwell.
Otherwise all excellent lads.:rolleyes:

You should read some history books instead of loopy loony propaganda.

PS quit kidding, Muslims in your house.:house:doh:

O yes, of course, they turned out just spiffy. After centuries of off and on civil wars.:crazy:
Half a dozen were "shooty" at best, the ones with knives (a no no according to Sadiq:crazy:)
were beheaded by Cromwell.
Otherwise all excellent lads.:rolleyes:

You should read some history books instead of loopy loony propaganda.

PS quit kidding, Muslims in your house.:house:doh:

How long have you been learning English?

A close friend used to live in Belfast. The IRA tried to get his punk older brothers to join up. They told them to f*** off...hahahha.

A close friend used to live in Belfast. The IRA tried to get his punk older brothers to join up. They told them to f*** off...hahahha.

I dont think the irish thing is the best analogy for this muslim thing. I mean frankly LOL

I dont think that the irish were harmelses people, who like the muslims wouldnt hurt a fly.:rofl:The thing with the irish being but a misunderstanding that was cleared up in a couple of weeks..

They come up with the strangest comparasions:crazy:

Here is one: have you seen that movie 50 Dead Men Walking dude was an irish IRA but working for the
brits? Bad move for the dude. He had to throw himself out the window, survived yet the irish are
still looking to chop him to this very day. In a similar fashion, if you leave islam= big black curtain
for you and I dont mean the ones Moz is accused of using.:expressionless:

A thousand year old misunderstaing that has now been cleared up.:poutingcat: No problem, lets do it again.

You wouldn't write all that in favour of Morrissey if you were about to be deported. People that hate immigrants, like Morrissey, are the ones trying to destroy the life of many people who came here with good will. That same people don't think that their nationals living and working in other countries are immigrants. How would they feel if British people living in EU countries, Jamaica, Dubai, Italy, Spain, France...etc would be send back to UK because of hate?

You don’t have to be a muslim. It isn’t a race. You can leave at any time.

Those are the magic words if you want to trigger the Muslim loon contingent into ostracizing you and writing up a fatwa on you.:clipboard:

You are not allowed to think Islam is a religion.:astonished:
Not allowed. Little Muslim red books say no.

Good luck.

This site is really, really tired. Full of angry people. Is that what it was set up for?

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful spring day here, and the sun coming up over the mountains could break your heart.

In any case, I haven't had my coffee yet and I forget what we are all supposed to be so angry about. Could somebody remind me? Thanks in advance.
Sadly, Morrissey won't let us forget. Just when we begin to forget, he says something twice as tone-deaf and provocative. Bigmouth keeps striking again and again and again...

You wouldn't write all that in favour of Morrissey if you were about to be deported. People that hate immigrants, like Morrissey, are the ones trying to destroy the life of many people who came here with good will. That same people don't think that their nationals living and working in other countries are immigrants. How would they feel if British people living in EU countries, Jamaica, Dubai, Italy, Spain, France...etc would be send back to UK because of hate?

The reason why anti-Brit sentiment never arrives to the level of anti-immigrant feeling in this country is because none of those countrys have huge numbers of British immigrants.

The reason why anti-Brit sentiment never arrives to the level of anti-immigrant feeling in this country is because none of those countrys have huge numbers of British immigrants.

There's roughly the same number of British expats in Spain as there are Bangladeshis (including British Bangladeshis) in the UK.

That is precisely what makes you a bore. You aren't convincing anyone. Quite sad, really. Good God, should Uncle Skinny ever have an actual conversation! He has two words, which he flings like a monkey with shit.

Stop with your two-bit vocabulary and maybe you won't be known as the biggest troll around here. I think you may have some points. Speak f***ing English, man. Use a f***ing subordinate clause beyond "Racist!" "Fascist!" "Shit!" "I been hanging around here for 10 years full of venom!"

Old Mathew your a Bitch go stand with the Nazis you racist piece of shit.

There's roughly the same number of British expats in Spain as there are Bangladeshis (including British Bangladeshis) in the UK.

2 things. One, you've picked one of the smaller nationalities living in the UK. Secondly, Brits only live in significant numbers in 2 countries, Spain and France.

2 things. One, you've picked one of the smaller nationalities living in the UK. Secondly, Brits only live in significant numbers in 2 countries, Spain and France.

Bangaldeshis are not one of the smaller nationalities living in the UK. There are half a million of them. Spain is the fourth most popular destination for British emigrants and France something like the 60th (that last part surprises me, but it's apparently true). But, apart from that, so what?

Last edited:
I reckon this board gets more and more foreign each day. Why are you foreigners obsessed with surfer dude Steve? He sits on his sun deck in Malibu getting a tan while Aunt Nancy irons his favorite Dodger jersey for the game with lil' Sammy that night while he talks shit about you foreigners and you cling to every word he says and some newspaper half a world away from Moz Angeles writes an article and it blows up on So-Low. Uncle Steve has got you right where he wants you. Good on ya Steve m8 inn nn n it. American Capitalism at it's best.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom