Is Jake back with Moz??

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
I know this has already been touched upon in the "Moz on Cienega Boulevard' but I am really curious about the use of photo's taken by Jake of Morrissey that are appearing on the new releases. Why? If Moz wants some bare chested younger photo's then there are loads that Linda took which would suffice. Why is he using Jakes? Whether you believe or not that they had a relationship in the 90's you have to admit it is slightly curious that he should start to use the photographs some decade plus later.
Here is a still from the Cienega thread and one of Jake with Moz at a signing, I personally think they look very alike taking in the time that has passed. If you look on the video aswell the height is just about spot on. What do you think? Maybe that old flame has been rekindled;);)

guybi0.jpg

img189.jpg

Hopefully not I heard that Jake was a bad piece of work....well I read about some forumite bumping into him a few years ago in a pub and he was a thug.

Dont really see the resemblence in the photos either :confused:

but I agree that it is odd he is using Jakes photos on his latest releases and dont get me started on the your arse an all photo. wtf?

cossy

humm...

I believe they had a relationship in the 90's and maybe Moz is at a stage in his life where he feels confortable using these pics (which are great, btw), but who knows?...

As for your hypothesis, i have no idea :) but if they are, I'd expect Jake to get some great photos of 2008 MOZ for the next album cover :D that would be so cool! :cool:

Didn't it turn out that Jake was actually from a well-to-do artistic family and that he was independently wealthy through property deals in the eighties?

Seems that a lot of people saw the short haircut and made a lot of assumptions based on prejudices, including the person who claimed they met him in a pub and he was a thug.

Errrmmm... well.... If it was true they had a relationship it could be the one Moz was (as he put it) in love with, so I guess it's a good thing he can be reunited with the one he loves. Having said that, I dislike Jake a lot, and I don't wanna see Moz hurt. And having also said that...
I want Moz for myself and myself alone. :tears:
But that's only because he won't indulge me having a passionate affair with Johnny...

Last edited:
Seems that a lot of people saw the short haircut and made a lot of assumptions based on prejudices, including the person who claimed they met him in a pub and he was a thug.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify Danny mate I read a long thread on this Jake character on this board about a year ago re thug etc. I dont know and never have known the guy. Just wanted to clear that up

cossy

They look alike but I don't think they are the same.Many men have a similar look.The ears are different and the nose is too.

I hope its not true.I really do.I just don't see what Moz would see in someone like that.I imagine him with a Dirk Bogarde type.(or me ofcourse:p)But then my imaginings are just that and rarely accurate.I think we need a sherlock on the case because lets face it we would all love to know.

Seems that a lot of people saw the short haircut and made a lot of assumptions based on prejudices, including the person who claimed they met him in a pub and he was a thug.

Just to clarify Danny mate I read a long thread on this Jake character on this board about a year ago re thug etc. I dont know and never have known the guy. Just wanted to clear that up

cossy[/QUOTE]

Wasn't blaming you. There just seems to have been a lot of chinese whispers about this guy and the whole idea of him being an ex-boxer and/or a thug seems to have only come from his physical appearance as far as I can see.

It wasn't until someone found that article where he talked about his actual background that it was clear most of what fans assumed about him was total rubbish, and probably just made up by other fans.

Here is a still from the Cienega thread and one of Jake with Moz at a signing, I personally think they look very alike taking in the time that has passed. If you look on the video aswell the height is just about spot on. What do you think? Maybe that old flame has been rekindled;);)

I think they are two different people. Their chins and ears are different.:rolleyes:

If you watch the video of Morrissey and the paps, this "mystery" guy is standing right next to him and Morrissey doesn't even glance at him before getting in his car with his bodyguard. I think he's part of valet staff or something.

If you watch the video of Morrissey and the paps, this "mystery" guy is standing right next to him and Morrissey doesn't even glance at him before getting in his car with his bodyguard. I think he's part of valet staff or something.

I'm not disagreeing, but... what do you make of the high-heeled dress shoes he is wearing?:p This is not typical of most straight, non-Moz-knowing men, I think...:confused:

thats what i thought, i really think he is just a guy on the street, who happened to be caught in the shot... prob valet staff or waiting for his own car.

oh it was I who asked that question on the cienega boulevard thread, hope I didn't create any confusion though.
I don't think that's Jake, just someone who looks like him a bit and, like someone pointed out, who happens to look like Deano as well.

I don't think its Jake. And noone knows the situation between them two. But, I want Moz to be happy...whatever that takes, I'm pleased to see it.
And, I would also like to see some current pics of the recently released style too...if its you Jake, and ya reading...get on to it right away :cool: :D

this forum seems generally obsessed with jake. the jake "thing"...whatever it was or wasn't...was YEARS ago. are we to assume that morrissey has a madly passionate affair with every one of his assistants which then leads to numerous albums and speculation?
it all seems a little silly.

PostcontainsInterviewQUOTES+SUBJECTIVEinterpretiations on songs/their relations.if youre not interested then dont read it.No,I donthink about that topic 24/7:psince it came up,just said my thing.And i dont wanna"prove"anything everybody sees t.Jakething in a diff way ^@life
-THEY SHARED a house (J. moved into his house)as Jake himself had confirmed in an interview in uncut 98-even though he refers to moz as his "best mate"-of course he didnt define it further
what happened between the two of them I/we dont+will never know-if sex was involved then it was .if it was not well at least he has someone who he was close with and shared good times-i remember a journo observation"whenever jake was around ,moz was as happy as a child at christmas morning"
MOZ stated in OBSERVER(26 Feb 95):"I HAVE HAD an relationship which opened up a CRUClAL area within me. There is something unstoppable about the Wilde story, and MY OWN" "A Walk On The Wilde Side", interview by MICHAEL BRACEWELL.
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=95305&highlight=interviews
first post^
one of the few statements where he admitted a RL.
interview was conducted by M. Bracewell,a friend+ hubby of Linder.I don’t think Bracewell made that quote up.
RTE Guide Jan 96: moz said:"Around Vauxhall,thats where it all came to a head: Personal life Private Life you know?"
so it was an relationship for him no matter how it turned out to be in the end-and even as he saw "it more like a kind of dream" as he said in another interview a bit later. tht he did give more info away as usual in observer 95,he maybe regrets so he back off on later interviews+leaving it open if it was an relationship with all it comes with or it was just an very close friendship -only 2 persons will know and I/we dont
MOZ IDMag 04-on come back to camden:"This song is about a particular person.I have a history, yes. And that whole time in my life was a very emotive period for me"
maybe they never "fell out"+ stayed alw. in touch(from v.close friend to buddies) but not as PRESENT as during 93-94 where jake seems to be never leave his side in the UK, Jake also was with M. on a US-HOLIDAY in Sept93 fanzinewriters+moz soloers spotted them
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=788212&postcount=65
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=334182&postcount=13 M. as he said in Interviews was never into long term things,but artistically Jake was v.important to Moz thts why M chooses J.to shot t.recent pics+leads to current sightings at a gigplus jan+jen(see pic-fall 08)- and jake appearing at moz`s 50th b`day party
moz.jpg

men+women who are gay/bi often tend to be stay friends with their ex-partner in reverse to straight people. i have heard many stories f.e someone who let his ex partner stay with him even though they had broken up and he has already a new partner.thats a fact and not an assumption, just ask someone. im not dtraight but watching my straight friends icame to the conclusion once they broke up with a partner they rarely stay friends
THAT he is attracted and has slept with WOMEN AND MEN he has stated several times (face march 90,Inrockuptibles sept95 observer DEC92 ,AND that robert mackie letter)so he is open to both genders((bi/pansexual then-if there is a defi.needed)nothing new.this annalisagirl from`80(mackieletter-mention) was his GF
I think that after J.did move out/left the publ view, Moz take some years to lick his wounds+ wtote songs about when they were v.close,and is now back in buddyterms with J.,prob.not more.
I think Jake was his muse around the vauxhall/boxersera+also when it was "over"around t. southpaw:t. Special THanks that moz shouted out to Jake on the Vauxhall-credits wouldnt get out to someone who wasnt an inspiration for at least certain songs on it.The albumtitle, acc.to MOZ,"refers to a certain person I know who was born and braised in vauxhall"Jake,acc. to Hotpress08 was born in South London.
I GUESS he was an inspiration to several songs like"whatever happens" beside other like "BESTFRIEND o.t. PAYROLL" whatever happens:t.line "we stole eachothersclothes"-on t.boxerstour:he changed t.line into"we wore each others clothes” comtesse noticed that M. wears that white jacket on photoshots+private-you see that its slightly a number too small for him so it might belong to Jake-or maybe they just had the same taste in clothes as othersassumed;) v
mozbrett.jpg
jake_moz2.jpg

2jakes?NO:http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83728&highlight=jake
MOZ likes to put his muse up on record sleeves as he did in the smiths days: Viv N.,Shelagh)In Select 94 he said that he was glad he doesnt belong on authors anymore(he"overtapped his delaneysource in the past") As you know J. is the photographer/model of numerous promoshots+albumcovers-like the backcovershot of Vauxhall+on both "ignore".shots by jake on boxers, innercover of hold o. t.your friends,my heart is full,sunny etc. As you know his shots appeared again this year:He shot t. current singlecoverpics(shot around 93-95)+hotpresspics.
I dont read anything in the arsepiccie that looks more like a "goofingaround pic"to me.I was surprised that the mainboard read so much into it.
I dont think Jake is "back"w.him,its just a nostalgic look back I guess. Further songs with J. as possible muse:a swallow on my neck(J.liked drawing fake tats on people),best friend on the payroll,come back to camden?not sure about sunny-some say it refers to J. others said J. never had a drug issue. A member of moz`s band said, acc.to Mr.Bret"He cared for Jake a lot+was terribly cut up when they parted company."he also said:"2 songs on southpaw were moz`s way getting jake out of his system."-Believably.But I dont agree with alot of things david brought up in his book,and eh, mr.bret you surely misheard "i`d love to":p
I noticed that they wore the same necklace (this 1oz)which looks like a sign of a bond between them-like a ring-but thts surely one of the least things that stood out as a"sign"for A relation of any kind between them.
In '97 Moz said in an interview that he had loved someone, but that it had finished two years earlier, which COULD be J. he's refering to. He did say quite a lot of personal things in all of these french inrockarticles:so he seems to talk about a romance which doesnt work out the way he wanted it to be .Or maybe he just got bored since he doesnt believe in long time relationships/dont had that many. I remember sandie said i. her book:"M seemed to have never learnt the art of friendship.Of his acquaintances i had met, no one was his intellectual equal or shared his emotional depth."
sexuality is not B/w-man who are assumed to be straight can have sex with man without seeing themselves as gay or even bi.so if moz was the only man,what is so unbelievable on it? that J(as well as M.did/do have boy+GF before/and after they met is both possible
Maybe Jake (I/we dont know what he"is"maybe he has only dated girls before or he was always open to every gender,or..-who knows)had problems to accomplish all that goes within a relationship with a man(which might be new to him) Maybe not all a. the end had other reasons since MOZ got often attracted by what he can`t reach"and lose interest once he got it as he told so in in interview 95. Maybe J. tried to accomplish all that goes within a relationship but failed in the end cause MAYBE the love he got to offer to Moz wasnt enough for Moz. And if Jake doesnt love him they way he does- at least Moz were in love..as he said so to Michael for instance^ OR maybe the fact the he was his PA + the fact that friendship+ businessmatters doesnt mix well was the reason it didnt last very long as soon as money come in. a interviewer(select 94)experienced Jake acting in a very protective manner over Moz,furious over a recent article-maybe J. being overprotective?mybe t. love was always onesided if J. was straight.Or he`s married now.a. moz was a exception. STRAIGHT RL-GAY RL-BACK to STRAIGHT RL is not too unusal.Think of ANNE HECHEetc
best exa.: a old classmate who I thought to be straight,met him 8years ago onagay party,making out.Ca.7 Mo. ago my best friend told me when she was home saw him with a woman pushing a pram.
Signin94http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsJJhbOZEQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpClg8PJMg4
a fact remains: if you fall in love with a person it REALLY doesnt matter whose gender it is -oa lot of people are not exc. heterosexual-and i. MOZ`s case it was often stated that his enigmatic character,beside his handsomeness made the several people fall for him- think of mike`s comment in godards book on sandie+moz.The thing tht he is attracted to Men +Women a. often on a person he cant reach-he wrote several songs about seducing a person who is pretty unwilling:" jack,ignore make things harder
QUOTE:Moz has never even mentioned J. in interviews or talked about songs he has written about him
I never said he has mentioned jake/talked about íf HE was a inspiration to certain songs but in some like"payro."it seems almost certain- songs interpretatIons are SUBJECTIVE.just state my observation.see nothing bad to observe things through songs,interviews+pers. opinions in a forum-when authors can write about on moz+his RL why not we as fans?yes,.the main thing that matters is the music but a artist living in the spotlight got talked about- his private life do arouse speculations.Moz didnt really "hide" Jake from public view didnt he?
the only REAL invasion in his privacy are those people who stalk him-physically.
a@danny(S. 2) of course he dont mention jake by name!he is an v.private person(speedway?)observer 95 int. sounds v obvious

Attachments

• mozbelly.jpg
    mozbelly.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom