'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
i just heard IWYL studio version and im blown away , wow , that man can sing and his voice keeps getting better and better , GREAT production!! WOW just WOW :guitar: that guitar ...my God

Blikey blood hell. Reckon you lots are delusional. Reckon he had to leave "home is a question mark" LA and go all the way back to Brittin to finish up the marketing campaign for the new release and he knows Nancy will be alone for the first Dodger game in the World Series. You people are so lost. Reckon must be really hard on their relationship.

Honestly, I think it sounds pretty lush at points. Even with the bleepity bloopity Gustavo sounds.

EDIT: Except for what's up with the bum note at "Romance gone wronggg, the same old glue" You'd think they'd go for another take, or auto tune it into shape. It sounds weird.

It isn't a bum note. Sometimes a musician will do something on a particular word. I suppose you could say he goes wrong on "wrong" but it is intentional. Some people can't stand dissonance. Some love it.

Have a listen to pianist Thelonious Monk playing Raise Four. Every single note is intentional.

That stuff is addictive as hell btw once you click with it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sth that strikes me in a positive way in I Wish You Lonely is the lack of a clearly-defined chorus. I love it when songs are like that. Instead, they work like semalessly interwoven variations of a single series of vocal hooks. It was like that with One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell and a bunch of Smiths songs, like Panic.

The lyrics are just fantastically surreal with a strong pro-nature punchline.

Also, the falsettoes are back...not to mention the couple of supermozzi-esque oooohs.

All in all it is a finely crafted song that sounds like it was sent from the future to save us.

Blikey blood hell. Reckon you lots are delusional. Reckon he had to leave "home is a question mark" LA and go all the way back to Brittin to finish up the marketing campaign for the new release and he knows Nancy will be alone for the first Dodger game in the World Series. You people are so lost. Reckon must be really hard on their relationship.

America is not the world is about Morrissey realising that the world series is a fake title as it does not include the rest of the world.

America is indeed not the world, baseball or no baseball.

It isn't a bum note. Sometimes a musician will do something on a particular word. I suppose you could say he goes wrong on "wrong" but it is intentional. Some people can't stand dissonance. Some love it.

Have a listen to pianist Thelonious Monk playing Raise Four. Every single note is intentional.

So so wonderful
Appreciate your music theory knowledge

IWYL no doubt increases my excitement about the album. Then again, It is already high enough as it is. The live version of this song did not portend something this great sounding. I can only imagine how much better "All The Young People..." may sound!

I adore dissonant music. It's not for nothing that I have an Einsteurzende Neubauten tattoo on my body.
It simply doesn't sound good, and if it is meant as a musical pun, that's just kind of lame.

Last edited:
I adore dissonant music. It's not for nothing that I have a Einsteurzende Neubauten tattoo on my body.
It simply doesn't sound good, and if it is meant as a musical pun, that's just kind of lame.

Not a bum note. If you want a bum note, listen to his delivery of "castration" on Spent The Day In Bed.

Solid, Solid, Solid. Sounds great. Good voice and great song. The production is top notch and he seems to be singing with new vigor. What a classy production. The man can do no wrong as far as lyrics and vocals go in my book. This tour should be phenomenal and the album is going to sound great. Glad that he's still pumping them out. He must write constantly !

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom