'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think it sounds pretty lush at points. Even with the bleepity bloopity Gustavo sounds.

EDIT: Except for what's up with the bum note at "Romance gone wronggg, the same old glue" You'd think they'd go for another take, or auto tune it into shape. It sounds weird.

I think that note was intentional. Maybe he just change it live.

Region locked crap.
FWD.

Has anyone else noticed that when something new or exciting happens, in terms of the music these fourms actually become quite a nice and pleasant place to be. Even the negativity's constructive.

It seems the trolls only come out to play when there's a whift of controversy or rumour.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that when something new or exciting happens, in terms of the music these fourms actually become quite a nice and and pleasant place to be. Even the negativity's constructive.

It seems the trolls only come out to play when there's a whift of controversy or rumour.

Yeah I've noticed Tbevie.

The UK must have left Europe early, because I can't get it here! :(

It’s a fine song, but typically a solid album track and not a single.
But maybe that’s the idea and we get another radio-hit in two weeks time at time of the album release

Lets be honest, its hardly a classic is it. I'll still whack it on repeat for a few days and try to convince myself its decent. Just like i did with World Peace, but that record has sat on my shelf for the last 3 years, I fear LIHS will join it. One positive note, i think Morrissey sounds decent, its the music that grates on me.

It has a Mama Lay Softly meets Have-a-Go-Merchant feel to it, two songs I really like too.
But radio will definitely ignore this, so the purpose of this single escapes me.

romance gone wrong sounds a bit different,i like the gunship line at the end.for me a very good song don't know about a single though,then again for the caual listeners who were intrigued by spent this could be another route to them buying the album.

The song is good,very good, better than STDIB and his voice sounds amazing, it's not radio friendly at all tho

It is now on Spotify so I guess it is indeed the next single (current single now!).

Yes, I just looked and iTunes has automatically downloaded it because I pre-ordered the album.

It sounds great... though I wonder if it's a taster from the album rather than a single proper.

Last edited:
Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom