Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live (Oct. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Notre-Dame / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of lalocurto / setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Did you ever stop to think that maybe he just cant do a two hour show? Have you noticed the incredible passion in his voice lately? Forget the less than perfect band, he still has that sublime voice!

I am Mozzer's age and I have lost so many friends of my generation to covid, cancer, alcohol and drugs, that I'm just extremely grateful that Moz still around and touring. We could lose him at any time and then we would all BEG to hear the master's voice sing anything one more time.
I'm not going to any of the shows, but if I was, I sure as hell wouldn't be selling my tickets and posting about it here. You're hurting the guy if you do that!!!
I agree with you. I don’t think his voice could go that long. He does have throat issues. I also think that’s why he doesn’t sing certain songs anymore. Maybe he’s limited now?

I just can’t think about losing Morrissey. 😔

Vocals were awesome! Nice mix of songs, big crowd. Sure was a pleasure to see the great one when he is near!!!

Marr can sing just fine, he just doesn't sing like Morrissey. Nor does Marr bring the pathos to the songs like Morrissey can because Marr hasn't been a self-sabotaging f*ck-up all his life.

If you want your best entertainment value, go see Marr, is band is incredible and he plays the Smiths songs you want to hear. If you want to celebrate or wallow in (take your pick) the song stylings of a lifelong narcissist with a beautiful voice and a way with words, go see Morrissey and stop complaining about the setlist, he's not going to listen to you.
You're insane or deaf. Marr trying to sing Morrissey lyrics is one of the major crimes of the 21st century. He's a whiny, bowl haired midget who can play guitar. Nothing more.

I agree with you. I don’t think his voice could go that long. He does have throat issues. I also think that’s why he doesn’t sing certain songs anymore. Maybe he’s limited now?

I just can’t think about losing Morrissey. 😔
Bing Crosby died at 74, but completed a recording session days before he passed away—and sounded great by every standard except his own younger voice.

I saw an 87 year old Franki Valli last year, and with a little help from technology, he put on a great show.

My point being, I think Morrissey has many years left in him. And (as you’ve hinted) with the right choice of songs, his age needn’t diminish his performances.

bryan has never been one for speaking between songs,he is probably the shyest singer out of any singers and i include M in that,seen roxy and ferry solo in years gone by.
You are lucky! Yes, he was very shy, I think the only thing he said was 'I hope you like this song' and 'thank you'

Why doesn't he take a creative leap? Why not jump into a completely new dynamic with a new band (Brendan's been a nice addition but everyone else can very much GO). How about new collaborators and a new producer?

Every concert is pretty much the same as the tour before it with only small changes. Why not a new set design, new lighting, new clothes? A new aesthetic?

Everything about the guy the last decade (or more) is so stale. So repetitive, so boring. I feel he's wasting the last number of years that he can do all this stuff.

Morrissey is so worn out but I don't think it's too late for him to change things up. He can have an exciting resurgence but he's somehow not interested in it. That's frustrating and extremely disappointing.

I'm convinced in his mind he now thinks that altering the order he plays them and the addition of DIHAP will see him through the rest of this month of dates at least, although, in reality, probably a lot longer.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Such a discography, with guitarists and a drummer who could probably play the best and most exciting songs of his catalog, yet here we are.

I'd never complain about Suedehead, IBEH, Ripper, or Kiss You being on a 40 Years Of... setlist (or any tour really), but there's SO MANY MORE we could be hearing.

You're insane or deaf. Marr trying to sing Morrissey lyrics is one of the major crimes of the 21st century. He's a whiny, bowl haired midget who can play guitar. Nothing more.
Don't be so ridiculous. Saw him then Moz 48 hours apart a couple of months ago and admired both shows. Johnny sings better than Moz plays guitar 😉

He should go visit Iggy Pop while he's in Florida. The Master could give him a lesson or two on artistic rennasaince.

And to those who criticize critics, here's his "review" of Iggy's show in Manchester back then

*"Dear Iggy! Always there when we... don't quite need him."
*"Iggy's out to squeeze a bit more mileage out of the ol' legend."
*"The doleful bash coming from his new band - a notably faceless crop of Egyptian mummies."
*"One would imagine that the next step for him would be the Golden Garter or, better still, retirement."

Sounds familiar? It wasn't a random post on some website. It was published on a music magazine.

If it were for Moz the journo there'd be no Zombie Birdhouse, a masterpiece album that obviously influenced.. him :lbf:

Marr can sing just fine, he just doesn't sing like Morrissey. Nor does Marr bring the pathos to the songs like Morrissey can because Marr hasn't been a self-sabotaging f*ck-up all his life.

If you want your best entertainment value, go see Marr, is band is incredible and he plays the Smiths songs you want to hear. If you want to celebrate or wallow in (take your pick) the song stylings of a lifelong narcissist with a beautiful voice and a way with words, go see Morrissey and stop complaining about the setlist, he's not going to listen to you

The dwarf marr sings horrible, terrible. Out of tune. But that's ok, it's embarrassing and he's doing it to himself. He's boring and bloated.

At least M's shows are full of love and passion, you can see that. Just M, not the current band, M is everything.

I don't understand a word they're saying but to me, it looks like Marianne struggling to be "front of stage #1".
Not sure about Marianne being in that spat, but it’s definitely the gruesome twosome Trina and Bradley. They can’t help themselves. Causing trouble constantly is their middle name. Dangerous pairing. Be warned.
Darling I Hug A Pillow in the absence of these two 🚬😬

Back
Top Bottom