Fan-made Shirts? Oh, yes.

teatime

oh my, yes
Hello everyone. Being a new person here, I've most likely made a thread that has been made many times over. I assure you that I did search for one and didn't find any on the subject. Furthermore, I've probably created it in the wrong forum. This is also my first post on the forums. Goodness! Forum faux-pas left and right!

So, I've been seriously considering making a few Morrissey and Morrissey-related t shirts for my personal use. The newest idea isn't mine at all, it was inspired by a thread floating around somewhere on this board: it would read "Je suis mort ici". Now that I've typed it out it seems a bit silly and I'm slightly embarrassed.

What is the purpose of this thread? It is for you lovely people to post photos of your very own fan made shirts. What do you say? :guitar:

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Being a new person here, I've most likely made a thread that has been made many times over. I assure you that I did search for one and didn't find any on the subject. Furthermore, I've probably created in the wrong forum. This is also my first post on the forums. Goodness! Forum faux-pas left and right!

So, I've been seriously considering making a few Morrissey and Morrissey-related t shirts for my personal use. The newest idea isn't mine at all, it was inspired by a thread floating around somewhere on this board: it would read "Je suis mort ici". Now that I've typed it out it seems a bit silly and I'm slightly embarrassed.

What is the purpose of this thread? It is for you lovely people to post photos of your very own fan made shirts. What do you say? :guitar:

Well, first of all, welcome :). I've never made my own Mozzer t-shirt, but I'm sure scores have. Let's see the answers you'll get. (waiting hopefully)

Welcome to the madhouse. :D

PT's thread might be helpful:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=76374
Thanks, Kewpie!

Well, first of all, welcome :). I've never made my own Mozzer t-shirt, but I'm sure scores have. Let's see the answers you'll get. (waiting hopefully)
Thank you! My fingers are crossed. If no one posts then at the very least I'll revive this thread with my adventures in stencil work. If I ever do it, that is.

A long time ago I painted a Smiths t-shirt. Front was the blue-tinted Davalos cover of "Strangeways", back was the photo of the street sign from the back of the sleeve. Beneath the image on the back I carefully lettered out Morrissey's quote about The Smiths from 1988: "The Smiths were like a painting. Every month you'd add a little bit here and a little bit there, but it was whipped away and I find it quite hard to adapt to that. SMITHS 1982-1987". (Not sure if that's verbatim but it's close; the quote sounded a hell of a lot more interesting to me back then-- not so much now.)

I never did wear that thing. Now it's yellowing in a drawer somewhere.

QUOTE=teatime;866300]Thanks, Kewpie!

Thank you! My fingers are crossed. If no one posts then at the very least I'll revive this thread with my adventures in stencil work. If I ever do it, that is.[/QUOTE]

See! I thought you'd have some answers. Cool.:D

ChadM's shirt:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=81373

Scarlet's Obama shirt:
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83336&highlight=obama+shirt

april also made Mozfather shirt, but I can't find a photo of it.
Wow, I knew there would be some high quality ones out there but I was honestly not expecting them to look that good. Just wow.
Also, a Mozfather shirt sounds great and hilarious.

A long time ago I painted a Smiths t-shirt. Front was the blue-tinted Davalos cover of "Strangeways", back was the photo of the street sign from the back of the sleeve. Beneath the image on the back I carefully lettered out Morrissey's quote about The Smiths from 1988: "The Smiths were like a painting. Every month you'd add a little bit here and a little bit there, but it was whipped away and I find it quite hard to adapt to that. SMITHS 1982-1987". (Not sure if that's verbatim but it's close; the quote sounded a hell of a lot more interesting to me back then-- not so much now.)

I never did wear that thing. Now it's yellowing in a drawer somewhere.
It's probably wonderful. If you're ever so inclined, please show us. :)

That's pretty cool, I had no idea that it was one of the guys from the board that designed the Obama shirt and gave it to him. I really love the picture on ChadM's shirt too. I don't think it's right to sell them though. *wags finger*

I'm planning to get my own Moz shirt made soon, I have a few pictures that I like in mind and have to decide which one I will use. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

Incidentally, is you name a reference to the Hogfather by any chance Mr Teatime?

I'm planning to get my own Moz shirt made soon, I have a few pictures that I like in mind and have to decide which one I will use. *strokes chin thoughtfully*

Incidentally, is you name a reference to the Hogfather by any chance Mr Teatime?
Will you have it screen printed and all that? Which photos are you deciding between - oh, or is it a secret?

It's tay-uh-tim-ay! haha No, I thought someone would ask about Hogfather but really I picked this name for my love of tea. It's always time for some tea if I have any say. Hogfather was pretty excellent, though.

Will you have it screen printed and all that? Which photos are you deciding between - oh, or is it a secret?

It's tay-uh-tim-ay! haha No, I thought someone would ask about Hogfather but really I picked this name for my love of tea. It's always time for some tea if I have any say. Hogfather was pretty excellent, though.

And you're quite right, especially if you consider that it is literally teatime continuously in some part of the world. Wrap your melon round that conundrum. I enjoyed the Hogfather too, it was in fact the only decent thing on the telly last Christmas (that I can remember). Marc Warren was great in that role.

I have a few ideas in mind for the picture but the hot favorite at the momment is this one.

cherubic2.jpg

Phwarg!

I've found a service online which allows you to design the t-shirt to a certain spec (including type of print, t-shirt etc) and will use that one. It's pretty reasonably priced too. I'm also going to get a vest printed with "Hang the DJ" on it and wear it whenever I am bored enough to go clubbing (although I said I'd given up).

I can't say I'd wear it but it lives up to my expectations for sure.

I have a few ideas in mind for the picture but the hot favorite at the momment is this one.

cherubic2.jpg

Phwarg!

I've found a service online which allows you to design the t-shirt to a certain spec (including type of print, t-shirt etc) and will use that one. It's pretty reasonably priced too. I'm also going to get a vest printed with "Hang the DJ" on it and wear it whenever I am bored enough to go clubbing (although I said I'd given up).
Oh that's a good one! It should really be a crime to be so photogenic. Geez.
Loving the vest idea :D

I have made quite a few t shirts in the past, not a Morrissey one yet though.
I have made an Antony and The Johnsons t shirt, a Prince t shirt and a Patrick Wolf t shirt. The Paddy Wolf t shirt was brilliant, and when I wore it to his Sheffield show a number of people asked me where I had bought it from! :cool:

When I make t shirts I buy a pack of iron on transfer paper from WHSmiths, and the 2 for 1 plain t shirts from Topman to print onto. Usually takes about 20/30 minutes and looks brilliant!

I've never made a Moz t-shirt. I have The Smiths tipexed on my school bag, though. Looking very out of place next to all my hardcore punk band patches, but oh well. The Smiths take up about twice the room of anything else. :)

I did this when I was 13 and discovering the marvels of stenciling. It looks like crap because its old and I used shitty paint. I think I've done others over the years but I can't remember where they are or what they looked like.
photo46rg2.jpg

I did this when I was 13 and discovering the marvels of stenciling. It looks like crap because its old and I used shitty paint. I think I've done others over the years but I can't remember where they are or what they looked like.
photo46rg2.jpg
I like it, but I like old things made with shitty paint that look excellent anyway. Do you still wear it?

I have made a couple but none of them is as good as those alredy posted. Anyway, two of my favourites are below. The pictures are really crappy 'cause I don't have a camera and had to take the photos with my laptop's extremely bad camera.

And the first shirt is actually bright green with brown text.

Tags
fanmade
Back
Top Bottom