Der Spiegel audio file of Morrissey interview released

Here you go. The recording of the interview.

Der Audiomitschnitt zum SPIEGEL-Interview mit Morrissey - Spiegel Online
Sänger Morrissey fühlt sich nach einem Interview mit dem SPIEGEL falsch zitiert und will nun nie wieder mit Printmedien sprechen. Hören Sie hier den Mitschnitt des Interviews.

English version:

The Audio of DER SPIEGEL's Interview with Morrissey
British pop singer Morrissey has accused DER SPIEGEL of falsely quoting him in a recently published interview. The magazine stands behind its reporting and has made the decision to post the audio online in response.

On Friday, Nov. 10, DER SPIEGEL culture reporter Juliane Liebert told her editors that she had been offered an interview with British popstar Morrissey and that a decision needed to be made quickly on whether to accept. We agreed: The former lead singer of The Smiths doesn't shy away from speaking his mind - and he also doesn't grant interviews very often.

The following Monday, Liebert flew to Los Angeles, where she was to interview Morrissey on Tuesday. The interview appointment got delayed several times before finally taking place on Wednesday and lasting 40 minutes. Edited versions of interviews published in DER SPIEGEL are usually authorized by the interview subject before publication, consistent with established procedure in German journalism. But in this instance, Morrissey's team elected to forego authorization.

After its publication on Nov. 18 in DER SPIEGEL, the interview (available behind the SPIEGEL Plus paywall in German) generated headlines not only in the German-language media. English publications like the Independent also wrote about Morrissey's statements regarding Trump, Brexit, the #MeToo debate and questions of national identity.

The musician then sought to distance himself from the published interview. "Unless you see the words form in my mouth and then you see or hear the words come out of my mouth... please, if you don't see that, I didn't say them," he told fans at a concert. He said he would never grant an interview to a print journalist again.

On Monday, Morrissey followed up with a post on his official Facebook page casting doubt on whether his statements had been reflected accurately by DER SPIEGEL. He also alleged that the fact that the magazine had not yet posted the raw audio of the interview was tantamount to an indirect admission of guilt.

To counter that claim, the editors of DER SPIEGEL have decided to post the audio of the interview online.

You can listen to the interview conducted with Morrissey in Los Angeles on Nov. 15 here:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Interview mp3 - yours to keep:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1c0j
(the exact file as used on the site).

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is the president of the USA, yet in the UK there are headlines every single day slagging the man off. Bush was mass murdering people daily and there was never this insane level of press bullying. What does that say to you? To me it says the banks wanted Hillary. And who owns the press? The banks. In other words we're being bullshitted every single day.

I'm sorry, did I say I supported Hillary? Now you're just ranting like Alex Jones.

Well it sounds like from this thread that this is the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people, moderators included! I would hope then, if you think of yourselves as well adjusted people that this is the last time we’ll see a lot of you posting around here. Afterall, if this evil man has nothing left to offer you and he outrages you so much, why not move on to greener pastures and fill your life with more positive things? To continue to hang around and beat a dead horse and talk over and over about how someone is so awful seems unhealthy, counterproductive and redundant. It would say a lot more about you than it does about Morrissey. So, yeah, I guess this is goodbye for a lot of you!

HEAR ! HEAR ! :thumb:

These things are never down to one man and is indeed down to the actions of many men and even some women. You americans place far too much in a president and need a monarchy with some flair and elegance and good mannered dinner parties live on tv.
I'm sorry, did I say I supported Hillary? Now you're just ranting like Alex Jones.
Casually accusing somebody you've most likely never met of being a rapist is no laughing matter.

Casually accusing somebody you've most likely never met of being a rapist is no laughing matter.

You're right. Good thing something like what, 17 women have come forward? And y'know, he bragged about assault. Oh, or was that fake news? You're queerly determined to stand up for Donald Trump's character on a Morrissey message board. Most of Congress wouldn't even do that in the halls of the US Capitol.

I neither support nor oppose Donald Trump. I'm not from the USA and feel no strong feelings towards him despite how much the world media shoves him in my face. But bragging about an assault? Are you talking about the 'grab em by the pussy' joke. Heard worse in men's rooms my whole life.

Are you talking about the 'grab em by the pussy' joke. Heard worse in men's rooms my whole life.

Oh gotcha, it was a joke then. Thanks for clearing that up. You've heard worse? Guess that makes it okay then. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone you know. There seems to be for you a disconnect between a culture of aggression and the acts of aggression that culture breeds.

Actually, I find Morrissey's ability to nail himself in lyrics to be fascinating. ("The words you use should be your own", "Reissue, repackage, repackage", "You're making a fool of yourself so get off the stage"). Can you think of another artist whose self-critiques (whether intentional or not) are so spot on?
2 seasons passed and they axed you

Actually, I find Morrissey's ability to nail himself in lyrics to be fascinating. ("The words you use should be your own", "Reissue, repackage, repackage", "You're making a fool of yourself so get off the stage"). Can you think of another artist whose self-critiques (whether intentional or not) are so spot on?

& Morrissey addressing the hatebots on this site.....

'You think you've won

Oh no'

:thumb:

.........................Hi DavidK :love:

Nice article mate, I enjoyed it immensely. Having read a lot about what has happened Re. all the sexual assaults coming out I too can hitch my train to the #metoo wagon and have in fact been the victim of a multiple of sexual assaults from women over the years.
So can I :)

Not sure? But how many people get battered on the streets without any Police involvement? Their are no stats

Of course there are no stats. Or there are but they are being kept secret to the public. For many reasons.

One of them being that it would increase the workload of the police that much it would be impossible to pay for and to raise taxes.

Another one being that authorities always want to keep the population quite and let them believe everything is under control.

So their first priority is to deny any problems at all.
There are now many instances of authorities spreading along disinformation, denying and deliberately accusing people who were victims.

They probably suggested you were drunk too. So they didn’t need to go in to that oh so difficult mission of finding out what really happened.

Of course there are people that are now doing the same and are as despicable too.

Trump is the president of the USA, yet in the UK there are headlines every single day slagging the man off. Bush was mass murdering people daily and there was never this insane level of press bullying. What does that say to you? To me it says the banks wanted Hillary. And who owns the press? The banks. In other words we're being bullshitted every single day.
Or... It could be that the man is such an un-respectable pile of excrement that the world is in shock still. I get the feeling he was put in place so that congress could pass a bunch of heinousness while he stands out in front of the camera gibbering like a buffoon. Trump has proven that he won't separate his business from his duty, so I expect he's being paid handsomely for his dignity.

He's a force for change, that man. Just not how his fans think.

The hysterical way in which people talk about Trump is unique. I'm no fan, but what has he done that other presidents haven't done?

DE6DA389-A7EE-4663-AEC7-D5A1C198EFC5.jpeg
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/nme/news/pamela-anderson-harvey-weinstein-comments-2167435?source=dam

Pamela Anderson apparently stands by earlier comments where she said ‘victims’ knew what they were getting themselves into when they e.g. walked into a hotel room with e.g. Weinstein.

If Morrissey had just defended comments I think he would have saved himself a lot of bother.

& Morrissey addressing the hatebots on this site.....

'You think you've won

Oh no'

:thumb:

.........................Hi DavidK :love:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom