Chrissie Hynde defends Morrissey in interview

Scans from James.

Mail on Sunday ‘Event’ magazine, 04/08/18.

Excerpt:

She defends her pal Morrissey, who has recently been accused of racism for speaking out in favour of the far-right For Britain party and having described the Chinese as 'a sub-species' in 2010.

'I'm proud to be one of what he calls his seven friends,' smiles Hynde. 'He made a reference to the Chinese and that got him into trouble, but he was talking about the practices of how they treat dogs and put them in cages and bludgeon them to death. He's an animal-rights guy and he gets emotionally upset by the treatment of animals.'

She still sometimes meets Morrissey 'for an impromptu pint' at her local pub in Maida Vale, west London.

43823_hynde_event_20180804_2.jpg

43824_hynde_event_20180804.jpg

Well done to Chrissie Hynde. I always knew she had balls.

Now it's time for the rest of them to get up and defend him.

all that this thread is worth is a list of who the 7 are.

Hynde
Maker
Sterling
Errr...

She must have missed all the other far-right guff he's been spouting. Misguided at the very least, wilfully blind is being kind to her.

all that this thread is worth is a list of who the 7 are.

Hynde
Maker
Sterling
Errr...
Jesse, Damon, Gustavo (?) and...Tina Deghani?

Rest of who??? who are "them"? Explain please.
All the musicians, artists, entertainers etc. who have ever known, liked or praised Morrissey but have so far been tight lipped about his recent full-blown demonization.

For example, Noel and Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, Alan Bennett, Boy George, Stephen Street, Sandie Shaw etc..... why have none of these people stood up and said "Morrissey is not an evil person, in fact quite the opposite...'

The man who personally knew him most of all was Johnny Marr, who seems to have kind of skirted around the subject, when the least he could say is 'Moz has always had his own opinions and he's entitled to them, as are all of us.'

There seems to be a silence. I smell cowardice.

Last edited:
Uncle Steve only has fellow American friends because he hates foreigners and kickball m8 inn n n n n nn n n n it. Nol Gallagher and Rusty Brand are such lil' bitches because they try so hard to be Steve's friend and Steve just talks shit about them all day down at The Sunset Marquis.

All the musicians, artists, entertainers etc. who have ever known, liked or praised Morrissey but have so far been tight lipped about his recent full-blown demonization.

For example, Noel and Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, Alan Bennett, Boy George, Stephen Street, Sandie Shaw etc..... why have none of these people stood up and said "Morrissey is not an evil person, in face quite the opposite...'

The man who personally knew him most of all was Johnny Marr, who seems to have kind of skirted around the subject, when the least he could say is 'Moz has always had his own opinions and he's entitled to them, as are all of us.'

People do agree, but are scared of being labelled something they're not, hence better to say nothing. Most if not all the people who have condemned Moz have done it for their own personal publicity, I'm talking "Famous" people. People on here who condemn Moz are mainly the same person or just people who follow the pack without thinking for themselves.

On the issue of Morrissey saying that what happened to Tommy Robinson is scandalous, well I think he's been proven correct, certainly the appeal court judges are in agreement. Are the Chinese sub-species?, I myself posted exactly what Chrissie Hynde has said here, it's an animal rights issue, as is showing support for Anne-Marie Waters.

Some people hate Morrissey and will do anything to finish him off.

She must have missed all the other far-right guff he's been spouting. Misguided at the very least, wilfully blind is being kind to her.
You mean Free Thinker? Which sheeplike fools have no concept of. Plus she’s a true 2x8 and looks incredible.

For example, Noel and Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand, Alan Bennett, Boy George, Stephen Street, Sandie Shaw etc..... why have none of these people stood up and said "Morrissey is not an evil person, in face quite the opposite...'

Mike Joyce defended him well recently. Much better than Marr, I think.
But yes, well done to Chrissy!

Possibly some of them are afraid. They have families, jobs and properties. The world is ruled by fear. If there's something I learned very early in life, that is you can't expect people to be heroes, most people are not prepared for that. Heroism or boldness are not natural states of human beings, quite the opposite. That is why the exceptions are so valued in different historical periods. You are brave or you are just one more person.

To be fair to Boy George, he did recently say that he was loving Low In High School. There are ways of showing support, and to show support without being prompted could be seen as admitting there's a problem, but if asked then I would like them to be supportive even if it's to say that Morrissey doesn't have to explain himself to anybody.

you poor soul, can't stand still can you?

your unpaid lip-service must reign supreme if there's no negative news.

your negative nancy approach is tiresome, what's next?

I know! another combative, discombobulated slithering of ill-mannered and ill-tempered words.

Possibly some of them are afraid. They have families, jobs and properties. The world is ruled by fear. If there's something I learned very early in life, that is you can't expect people to be heroes, most people are not prepared for that. Heroism or boldness are not natural states of human beings, quite the opposite. That is why the exceptions are so valued in different historical periods. You are brave or you are just one more person.

Yes, but it says something about how controlled we are by the system/mass media and its voluntary self policing minions on social media, that if we air an opinion that isn't rigidly left-liberal we already know in advance we will be destroyed.

The uttering of a few words to defend Morrissey shouldn't really be a heroic act, but it evidently is.

We are living in totalitarian times. But instead of visible guns and jackboots the stranglehold is far more subtle, but no less effective in its powers to silence.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom