Chrissie Hynde defends Morrissey in interview

Scans from James.

Mail on Sunday ‘Event’ magazine, 04/08/18.

Excerpt:

She defends her pal Morrissey, who has recently been accused of racism for speaking out in favour of the far-right For Britain party and having described the Chinese as 'a sub-species' in 2010.

'I'm proud to be one of what he calls his seven friends,' smiles Hynde. 'He made a reference to the Chinese and that got him into trouble, but he was talking about the practices of how they treat dogs and put them in cages and bludgeon them to death. He's an animal-rights guy and he gets emotionally upset by the treatment of animals.'

She still sometimes meets Morrissey 'for an impromptu pint' at her local pub in Maida Vale, west London.

43823_hynde_event_20180804_2.jpg

43824_hynde_event_20180804.jpg

There was a thread related to an interview Linder gave almost 6 months ago:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...r-sterling-at-chatsworth-moz-mentions.141837/

So not the most up-to-date.

I would actually like to know Linder's views on modern feminism. I'll try to look for it another night.
Thank you I really appreciate this. I think that Morrissey is spot on about modern-day feminism I totally agree with him on this issue.

I'm a woman but I don't don't like modern-day feminism.

I found this interview with Germaine Greer this just shows you how much feminism has changed over the years:

I like Linder Sterling I think that she is very creative and talented. It would definitely be interesting to hear her views on modern feminism.

Thank you I really appreciate this. I think that Morrissey is spot on about modern-day feminism I totally agree with him on this issue.

I found this interview with Germaine Greer this just shows you how much feminism has changed over the years:

I like Linder Sterling I think that she is very creative and talented. It would definitely be interesting to hear her views on modern feminism.

TERFs do not represent modern feminism.

I don’t know. Didn’t he befriend Russel Brand post 2004, for example?
Yeah it was after Ringleader of the Tormentors when he played I Just Want to see the Boy Happy on his chat chow where Courtney Love was a guest.

TERFs do not represent modern feminism.
By TERFs you mean a "Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist". The group of feminists that claim that trans women aren't really women.

You are right that they don't represent modern feminism. Germaine Greer is an old school school feminist but I'm not sure that she would call herself a TERFs.

The point I was making was this shows how much feminism has changed over the years. I agree with Morrissey about modern feminism.

I'm a woman but I don't like modern feminism. I've never really been a feminist though.

I know that Morrissey has always been really interested in feminist causes and his friend Linder Sterling has been as well.

Last edited:
"And muzak filled the air
From Seneca to Cuyahoga falls ... "

Chrissie Hynde wrote that excellent song about revisiting her hometown and finding its character gone. In twenty years, if there's anyone who's a second coming of Chrissie Hynde (which is doubtful) she'll be singing about London—and not about muzak filling the air, but the wail of the muezzin.

Yeah it was after Ringleader of the Tormentors when he played I Just Want to see the Boy Happy on his chat chow where Courtney Love was a guest.
Ah, thank you! Are they still friends?

Yeah, course he was.

1) If you're bothered by that, then you should be bothered by what goes on behind the doors of every abattoir every second of every day. When did you last protest against that?
2) Saying you're supportive of a particular party like For Britain( As I've said before) because of their animal-friendly policies, is like saying you joined the KKK for the comfortable clothing.

Stop being simple.
First, you dont know the poster's stance on abbatoirs.
Second,Morrissey had always been cleat on his.
Three,you then go and address one of the issues you have with Morrissey
(forgetting the original poster)
Four,you trot out one of your cliched quips (i.e. "comfortable clothing...blah de blah).
Stop being simple.

Plenty of places have festivals celebrating local produce and foods, meat included. I once attended the 'Most Beautiful Cow in d'Abondance' festival. Are the French also a 'sub-species?'

you can't really by this dim can you? I wonder how you manage to turn on your computer every day…

Thank you for posting this video. Germaine Greer is really a woman with strong, and sometimes controversial opinions but it is very admirable that she thinks for herself and just does not slavishly follow the modern feminists who probably aren't aware of the long history of feminism in the first place. As a woman, I am also not a big fan of Hollywood style feminism and I agree with her here.

I am not offended by her views on Transgenders, she may have a point there. But in my high school there was a guy that I somehow befriended and who really wanted to become a woman, and that was way before the idea became somewhat acceptable, and it all ended very badly for him. I hated the system for not being able to provide better support and guidance to such people and I am rather happy about the greater openness towards the issue these days. I did not get the impression that Germaine Greer was against Transgenders though, her point being that she couldn't see them as identical to real women and I have no opinion on that.

Hahahaha Jihadi central!

Never liked her but now I do. Racism is so right in 2018 and I bet we will all adore Hitler in 2019 dressed in full regalia.

She must have missed all the other far-right guff he's been spouting. Misguided at the very least, wilfully blind is being kind to her.
She never saw anything anyway cause of her irritating hair being in the way. She gave the mascara slapper a face.
Hate it when she sings with her own echo like uuuuu aaaaaa iiiiiii

FOOK OFF

you can't really by this dim can you? I wonder how you manage to turn on your computer every day…

Why don't you mash your keyboard some more and see if you can come up with a cogent rebuttal of my argument?

Two "ex"-legends trying to cover their commerical failures by giving nonsense interviews and covering others back. Good for them, wandering off the real subject. Because nowadays nobody cares about their music. :straightface:

I presume the nobody is you.

Oh, those 'international bankers, eh? 'international (wink wink) bankers'.

The bankers that bankrolled Hitler, they must be pretty old by now, in a way it's impressive if they're still f***ing up the world.

The Rothchilds are Zionists and they have bankrolled every major war in the last two centuries. Fact. There's plenty of information about this if you care to look. The Bush family were also in banking and got their funding from the Nazis after the war Well documented also.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom