Co-op beer launch - look closely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleepy lifeguard, Mar 14, 2017.

By Sleepy lifeguard on Mar 14, 2017 at 5:26 PM
  1. Sleepy lifeguard

Sleepy lifeguard The sanest days are mad!

NORTH WEST COMMUNITY BRANDS LAUNCH FIRST MEMBER BEER - Robinsons

Excerpt:

Leading community retailer, Co-op and the historic, family-run brewery, Robinsons, have come together to launch a brand new range of craft beers.

Co-op has launched three own label craft beers, in store today (13 March) and has used its Members to help influence the tasting descriptions on the beer labels and shelf edge labels.

...With both Co-op and Robinsons being from North West communities, the labels have been designed to reflect their roots and feature hand drawn images of Robinsons Brewery, Deansgate bridge and the Salford Lads Club.

[​IMG]

Also from Gerry:

A new beer being sold in CO-OP stores in the UK is using the attached label. There are three new beers being released but this is the only one with a Smiths reference. The others are Manchester based but not musically themed.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleepy lifeguard, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Anonymous
    2. Sleepy lifeguard
      Sleepy lifeguard
      We brew and package it. Not sure why SLC featured as a Manc. landmark above many others but there you go.
    3. davidt
      davidt
      From Gerry:

A new beer being sold in CO-OP stores in the UK is using the attached label. There are three new beers being released but this is the only one with a Smiths reference. The others are Manchester based but not musically themed.

[​IMG]
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Are these beers Vegan? Being a Coop member and supporting their ethical stance i hope so. Shame their banking arm is for the chop. Pilgrimupnorth.
    5. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Indeed. Such a shame when the chairman admits a weakness for rent boys and cocaine, and gets fired from his job as a preacher. Ethics at the CO-OP have taken a knock.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      What about world-wide distribution? Are these going to be available in North America? I am dying to try it. A trip to a liquor store is a big thrill for me. I love to try new products especially from small breweries, wineries, distilleries. I can spend a rather significant amount of time in a liquor store, observing the packaging and labels. It is like a trip around the world. I never leave a liquor store without a purchase. Ok, now I sound like an alcoholic.
    7. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      4.5% - why bother?
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. marred
      marred
      This really is pushing it as far as Morrissey news goes.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. celibate
      celibate
      2 ales please
      • Funny Funny x 2
    10. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      Light ones?
      • Like Like x 1
    11. celibate
      celibate
      alcohol free:p

as you and others know I was just pointing to the Smiths days, when Morrissey held a card board sign ' the queen is dead' and he changed it a few times
      in '2 light ales please'' , or something in that way, didn't search for the pic.

Have a great weekend Quando, if you ever come in eindhoven , would like to buy you 2 ales, and have a talk...well if anyone's ever in eindhoven...:thumb:
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      Have a great weekend too celibate, and if there is a reason to go to Eindhoven, preferably Moz having a concert there, I will be in touch with you ! Or an exhibition, or event I don't want to miss.
      I have a preference for the Belgian beers like Duval or one named Maredsous Triple. Mind you, 10 percent alcohol, but that is the nicest and most tasteful beer I ever had!
      Cheers! :yum:
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Enlighten me what a non vegan beer is?
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Any beer that uses gelatin obtained from fish to clarify beer.
    15. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      don't care about the rent boys,cocaine and fired from being a preacher.... just as long as the gelatin they use in the beer is.....

vegan gelatin.

;)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1