Co-op beer launch - look closely

NORTH WEST COMMUNITY BRANDS LAUNCH FIRST MEMBER BEER - Robinsons

Excerpt:

Leading community retailer, Co-op and the historic, family-run brewery, Robinsons, have come together to launch a brand new range of craft beers.

Co-op has launched three own label craft beers, in store today (13 March) and has used its Members to help influence the tasting descriptions on the beer labels and shelf edge labels.

...With both Co-op and Robinsons being from North West communities, the labels have been designed to reflect their roots and feature hand drawn images of Robinsons Brewery, Deansgate bridge and the Salford Lads Club.

39755_Coop_Robinsons_Partnership.jpg

Also from Gerry:

A new beer being sold in CO-OP stores in the UK is using the attached label. There are three new beers being released but this is the only one with a Smiths reference. The others are Manchester based but not musically themed.

39754_slc_ipa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We brew and package it. Not sure why SLC featured as a Manc. landmark above many others but there you go.

From Gerry:

A new beer being sold in CO-OP stores in the UK is using the attached label. There are three new beers being released but this is the only one with a Smiths reference. The others are Manchester based but not musically themed.

39754_slc_ipa.jpg

Are these beers Vegan? Being a Coop member and supporting their ethical stance i hope so. Shame their banking arm is for the chop. Pilgrimupnorth.

Are these beers Vegan? Being a Coop member and supporting their ethical stance i hope so. Shame their banking arm is for the chop. Pilgrimupnorth.

Indeed. Such a shame when the chairman admits a weakness for rent boys and cocaine, and gets fired from his job as a preacher. Ethics at the CO-OP have taken a knock.

What about world-wide distribution? Are these going to be available in North America? I am dying to try it. A trip to a liquor store is a big thrill for me. I love to try new products especially from small breweries, wineries, distilleries. I can spend a rather significant amount of time in a liquor store, observing the packaging and labels. It is like a trip around the world. I never leave a liquor store without a purchase. Ok, now I sound like an alcoholic.

Light ones?

alcohol free:p

as you and others know I was just pointing to the Smiths days, when Morrissey held a card board sign ' the queen is dead' and he changed it a few times
in '2 light ales please'' , or something in that way, didn't search for the pic.

Have a great weekend Quando, if you ever come in eindhoven , would like to buy you 2 ales, and have a talk...well if anyone's ever in eindhoven...:thumb:

Last edited:
alcohol free:p

as you and others know I was just pointing to the Smiths days, when Morrissey held a card borard sign ' the queen is dead' and he changed it a few times
in 2 light ales please'' , or something in that way, didn't search for the pic.

Have a great weekend Quando, if you ever come in eindhoven , would like to buy you 2 ales, and have a talk...well if anyone's ever in eindhoven...:thumb:

Have a great weekend too celibate, and if there is a reason to go to Eindhoven, preferably Moz having a concert there, I will be in touch with you ! Or an exhibition, or event I don't want to miss.
I have a preference for the Belgian beers like Duval or one named Maredsous Triple. Mind you, 10 percent alcohol, but that is the nicest and most tasteful beer I ever had!
Cheers! :yum:

Indeed. Such a shame when the chairman admits a weakness for rent boys and cocaine, and gets fired from his job as a preacher. Ethics at the CO-OP have taken a knock.

don't care about the rent boys,cocaine and fired from being a preacher.... just as long as the gelatin they use in the beer is.....

vegan gelatin.

;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom