Best bootleg from each solo tour?

deathfornoreason

Raincoated lover
This may be an impossible task, but what do you think are the best bootlegs from each of Morrissey's solo tours? Also, if possible, could you please upload them?

1991 - digital exitation
1992 - i'm a poet
1995 - introducing morrissey
1995 - in person
1997 - 10121997 battersea power station, london
1999 - either las vegas shows
2000 - chile
2002 - malmo
2004 - santiago chile
2006 - berlin
2007 - paris

i'll try to upload these when i can.

1991 - digital exitation
1992 - i'm a poet
1995 - in person
2000 - chile
2002 - malmo
2004 - santiago chile
2006 - berlin
2007 - paris

Excellent, thanks a lot!

This may be an impossible task, but what do you think are the best bootlegs from each of Morrissey's solo tours? Also, if possible, could you please upload them?

Go to "Passions Just Like Mine" (link below), click on 'unofficial recordings', then choose 'Morrissey' then 'audio concerts by date'. You'll find a list of all the bootlegs out there, by tour/leg, with a quality code. You can then decide which ones to go for.

The 2004 dates and a few later 2002 ones are missing because I am working on updating those tour reviews right now. 2008 is also missing, I haven't had the time to work on this yet.

cheers,
Stephane

1991 - digital exitation
1992 - i'm a poet
1995 - in person
2000 - chile
2002 - malmo
2004 - santiago chile
2006 - berlin
2007 - paris

Are you sure ?

1991 - digital exitation
1992 - i'm a poet
1995 - in person
2000 - chile
2002 - malmo
2004 - santiago chile
2006 - berlin
2007 - paris

Here's a link to the 2000 show in Santiago, Chile, which is a fantastic recording. It's a FM radio broadcast and is extraordinary. Enjoy :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/17779720/2000.3.28_-_Santiago__Chile.rar - Part 1

http://rapidshare.com/files/17784695/2000.3.28_-_Santiago__Chile_2.rar - Part 2

About exciting bootlegs (- your opinion!?)

Hi!

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the most exciting Smiths or Morrissey bootlegs? And why? Generally, I'm interested in the way the songs may be interpreted live & the speaking between the numbers among other things.

Cudweed

Last edited:
Re: About exciting bootlegs (- your opinion!?)

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the most exciting Smiths or Morrissey bootlegs? And why? Generally, I'm interested in the way the songs may be interpreted live & the speaking between among other things.

This one is the best/most interesting, bar none. Listen to "I Know it's Over."

This thread's gonna be moved to Downloads/bootlegs, right?

yes i have to agree with Thank Your lucky Stars. The first bootleg I ever did buy and out of the 150 or so i have clearly the best. And a great cover to boot.

Wait...

Just a Q: So we can never discuss opinions on bootlegs in the General Forum? I mean, this is not a donload thread... Just an opinion one.
In many other threads you'll find download links and not for that will they be moved...?

For some reason I love bootlegs where I can hear the sudden interruption of some fan onstage. And obviously when he talks to the audience, that's the part I love most about bootlegs.

yes, cause of course its the end of the world if its in general... :p :D :D

heheh sorry.

>shrugs< I just figured since people are hissing and groaning and constantly moaning over the space the games take up in general, I'd take action :D haha.

Re: Wait...

Just a Q: So we can never discuss opinions on bootlegs in the General Forum? I mean, this is not a donload thread... Just an opinion one.
In many other threads you'll find download links and not for that will they be moved...?

For some reason I love bootlegs where I can hear the sudden interruption of some fan onstage. And obviously when he talks to the audience, that's the part I love most about bootlegs.

well this was my thought when I got the report, I think however its quite alright for us to discuss stuff in the bootleg section regarding bootlegs and stuff. It might be one of those solo grey areas Di. :D

well this was my thought when I got the report, I think however its quite alright for us to discuss stuff in the bootleg section regarding bootlegs and stuff. It might be one of those solo grey areas Di. :D

Grey areas, exactly. :p
Oh well. A bit discouraging for thread starters isn't it? I like bootleg discussion, and I rarely visit the download thread...

Grey areas, exactly. :p
Oh well. A bit discouraging for thread starters isn't it? I like bootleg discussion, and I rarely visit the download thread...

well frankly sometimes we can not win for losing (em is that the saying?) I do hope new posters are not missing out, I would however recommed people check out the whole forum, who knows what little gems they might be missing :p

The UCLA '91 show should be interesting for those that don't have it because, one, its a great-quality soundboard show, and second, because it ended after like 7 songs due to crowd rowdiness followed by rioting.

And I must say that the best '97 boot, unless the Battersea Power Station show has a soundboard recording that I don't have, is the Greek Theater show. It's not soundboard, but rather the (for lack of better terminology) closed-circuit radio feed. I don't quite know how to explain it...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom