All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't get my head around what he said was so offensive? Can someone break it down for me? and not the usual mind numbing he's racist crap.

:confused: Really? Is publicly supporting a far-right party (For Britain) that is full of ex-BNP/National Front/Pegida etc., racist, islamaphobic, holocaust-deniers not offensive enough for you? I know that I shouldn't be surprised, but the naivety around here still astounds me!

Paradoxically, this is good news, folks, for those of us that want to see Morrissey continue his recording and touring career. He has hopefully now realised he can't just say anything he wants to with no consequence. He has offended a huge chunk of his core fan base. His political comments have been idiotic, offensive and ill thought out. He must now either avoid the world of politics and international affairs completely or go and educate himself it, and stop making utterly twattish statements e.g. using phrases such as the 'loony left' and telling the world that the only problems with Israel are that everyone else is jealous.

He should realise, that there's nothing worse than the 'loony right'. How pathetic that he is on the side of the far-loony-right, when once upon a time he was going against David Cameron because he said he liked The Smiths.
It is very clear why he has cancelled the European tour and the Brexitland tour. He just couldn't take the critics against him, plus perhaps not selling enough tickets. In the past he has been spitting fire against the press and the meat industry, what I understand, but his recent comments have been offensive for many fans, many of those who followed him since The Smiths started. As they say... Spit in the sky, it falls in your eye.

Manchester music will be so much better now, new hero, Dave Haslam, top top man, ex Hacienda DJ, WOW!!!, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still can't get my head around what he said was so offensive? Can someone break it down for me? and not the usual mind numbing he's racist crap.
Please do not ask anyone on this site for an answer to that as clearly none.

Morrissey has never stated anything Racist in views is so provide evidence of such statements, when you can or maybe will provide the meaning of his comment thanks all you lovely Moz lovers haha

:confused: Really? Is publicly supporting a far-right party (For Britain) that is full of ex-BNP/National Front/Pegida etc., racist, islamaphobic, holocaust-deniers not offensive enough for you? I know that I shouldn't be surprised, but the naivety around here still astounds me!

BEHAVE

Everything you mentioned is a response to social, and cultural bullying.

Minorities are being marginalized, and bullied for things they have not done. They were scapegoated in America during the Great Recession, and they are scapegoated when it comes to jobs, and cultural rot throughout Europe. It's the typical response to under-performing majority classes throughout history.

You don't know what that feels like because you are not the minority. You fear being the minority, which should give you some perspective on how minorities might feel in places where they are simply trying to eek out a life for their families.

Of course, none of that matters. It's all about you.

Fascism is exactly what's occurring on the Conservative spectrum right now, and people like you are only fueling, and enabling it.

It's an almost exact repeat of what occurred in the early twentieth-century. It will end the same way, and the same embarrassments will be debated form here on out.

History repeats.

I'm sorry to inform you that where I live I'm the minority. Sorry too by having to broad your mind in this painful way, but minorities are not only defined by skin tone or religion. There are other parameters that settle minorities around the world, not just the parameters used where you live. Sometimes you are the minority just for the way you think or the way you see the world. Those minorities shouldn't be underestimated or neglected because everybody has the right to not feeling opressed or coerced by other people's worldview.

Morrissey has never stated anything Racist in views is so provide evidence of such statements, when you can or maybe will provide the meaning of his comment thanks all you lovely Moz lovers haha

Jeez. The language of these Nazis is appalling, isn't it, almost as if they're under-educated or mentally unspectacular or something...

Jeez. The language of these Nazis is appalling, isn't it, almost as if they're under-educated or mentally unspectacular or something...
Never be a Nazi as seems to be your only answer to anything raised on this site. Please provide evidence again many times does one need to ask.

Sorry no not your only answer normally Racist so please inform me how I'm a Nazi or Racist intrigued go on

I'd say that "[y]ou can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies," and "[f]urthermore, halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of ISIS," are clearly racist statements.

Never be a Nazi as seems to be your only answer to anything raised on this site. Please provide evidence again many times does one need to ask.

Sorry no not your only answer normally Racist so please inform me how I'm a Nazi or Racist intrigued go on

f***s sake man - just pick a language - ANY language - and go with it.

*EDIT* - wait - I'm getting an image here - fat man, in his sixties, balding, voted UKIP, used to vote BNP, worked in transport, 'reads' the Daily Star, thinks Farage is a hero, can't get a belt to fit, blames everyone else for his shit life. I'm right, aren't I?

N1EdNgt.jpg

And now back on ignore. I've had my fun. Others can too.

Yeah but Skinny what about when you whooped and cheered this so called Racist???

You big Nazi you.

You are so ethnocentric that you don't realize he or she may not be an english native speaker. I would like to see the way you write and -mainly- the way you transmit your ideas in other languages. Then you'll notice how difficult it is, especially when you are in front of prejudiced idiots.

I'd say that "[y]ou can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies," and "[f]urthermore, halal slaughter requires certification that can only be given by supporters of ISIS," are clearly racist statements.
Again please show Morrissey statement not from site go on post it

f***s sake man - just pick a language - ANY language - and go with it.

*EDIT* - wait - I'm getting an image here - fat man, in his sixties, balding, voted UKIP, used to vote BNP, worked in transport, 'reads' the Daily Star, thinks Farage is a hero, can;t get a belt to fit...
Again abusive and no answers to your statements really go on

Back
Top Bottom