Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LAST" (July 26, 2023)

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Morrissey,
The fact this statement is widely reported in newspapers and online shows how Moz is still relevant today.

. . . This is about Morrissey and only Morrissey, even the title. Morrissey does not and did not give a shit about Sinead O'Connor, he is just a f***ed up opportunist who used her death to get his name in the headlines.
This, I think, sums up the situation quite precisely.

A few friends and colleagues who know about Moz but would not be dedicated fans have mentioned to me that they saw Moz's post about Sinéad and they 100% agree with him. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't agree. Viva Moz.
Same experience here: Morrissey’s post is getting some traction, I’d say.

Exactly that. They call you the devil incarnate when you're alive - and a fragile soul with the voice of an angel when you're dead.
It's the most ugly part of group mentality - attack the weakest link. Beat up the kid who's sensitive and different. Who doesn't fit in. And is it any wonder Moz has some anger on the subject.
This is how we treat our poets and seers.
They are/were a couple or pop singers / entertainers / celebrities. Nothing more. Get a grip, for f_ck's sake.

Sinead battled many demons and many losses including her son to suicide a year ago. As I have heard she never bounced back from that (who the hell could?) and her last media post was about her son. My friend Angela lost her daughter suddenly and I swear it wasn’t even a year until she was diagnosed with cancer and died shortly after. Angela had mourned herself to sickness and then straight to death. I think with all the hardships Sinead dealt with, her very fragile mental illness, the death of her son just did her in. Whether by suicide or illness, it’s all the same.
I'm not a doctor but I don't think that's a thing.

I disagree with Moz only in that she was more than just a popstar and she wasn't stuck in 92, she moved on, and her last few years of pain make any of that nonsense absolutely trivial, she didn't need the music industry the way he does.

But all this patting Morrissey on the back for being so clever and relevant on the back of a dead woman is a bit much, and much more disagreeable to me than his statement.

Yes. It is time for him to go away forever. He can go no lower and it just isn't going to happen for him anymore. He is Bruce Willis in "The Sixth Sense" his career is dead and he doesn't know it.
He's sold out a lot of shows for someone whose career is over, no wonder he doesn't know it. Most people agree with him, you daft prick.

A
No, I didn't think it was idiotic, but I think your posts are. I think cancer was a very poor choice of a word from a man who is narcissistic and miserable, and wants everyone else to be miserable too. He had to know it would hurt people who cared about Andy, because he wants to hurt people. This is about Morrissey and only Morrissey, even the title. Morrissey does not and did not give a shit about Sinead O'Connor, he is just a f***ed up opportunist who used her death to get his name in the headlines.
Ain’t that the truth.

Yes. It is time for him to go away forever. He can go no lower and it just isn't going to happen for him anymore. He is Bruce Willis in "The Sixth Sense" his career is dead and he doesn't know it.
if M is bruce willis in the sixth sense then you are bruce willis in armageddon,car crash of a human being,you hate M with a passion and yet tomorrow you will be back on here,do us all a favour and close your account.

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:
I have the guts not to support her now either. I stopped listening to her music long ago because of her views. Now she is dead and I dont care. I feel the same about Morrisey.

I have the guts not to support her now either. I stopped listening to her music long ago because of her views. Now she is dead and I dont care. I feel the same about Morrisey.
Clearly, that's why you're here, talking about them...

It's incredible that Morrissey gets more support elsewhere for his (very true) statement than he does on his supposed fan-site. Actually, no it isn't, this is solo and most of you hate him more than his most ardent detractors. Bizarre, really.
It is bizarre. Moz makes a plea for artists to be treated with respect and not vilified when they are alive - and on a fansite he receives a load of totally venomous bile and bilge in response. Some irony there I think.

I hope he gets canceled for good and slinks back under his rock

It will never happen to Morrissey.

Because... he is loved by many fans around the world. And always will be.

And because... the more venomous haters wish him bad luck, the more his lovers will defend and praise him.

It's as simple as that.

VIVA MOZ!!!

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:
You most certainly have a point Stephen. Hoping Sinead has peace x

I'm not a doctor but I don't think that's a thing.
Hmm, I don’t know. I was there and saw a happy healthy woman turn into a tortured soul overnight. I watched her grieve and I watched the sickness take over her body. Haven’t you ever heard the term “stress can kill you”? Well in my opinion it is a thing. But, thanks for sharing yours. 🙂

I agree wholeheartedly with him that the majority of the world’s response to Sinead over that years has been awful.

That being said, the hopeful child in me still cries, when I picture all the young kids seeing the sudden outpouring of love (as disengenuous as some of it might be), and discovering her music for the first time because of it.

That’s how she’ll live on. Some of those kid’s lives will be undoubtedly changed as the result of discovering her, just like many of our lives were changed when we first heard her over three decades ago. That’s the mark of artistic genius. It knows no generation. It’s for all generations.

It’s heartbreaking that it takes death for her music to reach new fans, and like I said, I agree with every blistering word Moz wrote… but my heart’s also filled with love for the alienated kid living in a small town, who’s listening to “Three Babies” for the first time and feeling that same deep connection we all felt. Hey there kid! We see you, and we’re glad you joined us.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom