Why do you follow Morrissey?

desloge

I'm not tired and looking for something to keep me occupied, so I decided to post this. I've already seen Moz twice on this tour (three times, counting the Aragon in November) and am going to Knoxville on Tuesday. Just tonight, I bought tickets to go to Norfolk before heading down to Tennessee. Even though this is financially impractical for me, I don't regret it. I don't find it boring to hear the same songs over and over, because for me the concert is about so much more than the music. When I'm at a Morrissey show, I feel at home. I'm surrounded by people with, excuse me, passions just like mine and that's highly comforting. And, of course, I get to see and hear the man who I have idolized for so many years. Nobody in my life really gets it, not even my boyfriend, who is a mild Moz fan.
I've noticed that a large number of people on the board are doing the same thing (going to every show they possibly can). Lots of these shows have required us to travel great distances and have cost us amounts of money that we would never think of forking over for another band. So, what are your reasons for going to so many Morrissey shows?

I went to all the ones I could. Four times and one I had a ticket for but waited too long to plan it and sat home that night with my unused ticket. I had to see Hollywood Bowl to be there with so many other people and I saw him in a small room in Sparks. I'd like to see him again, but I'm also totally satisfied and spent more than I would to go see anyone else. I also missed other shows because I spent the money traveling to see him. I had a great time and it was all worth it.

Well, glad someone is up and bored :), it's late afternoon over here. I live in Australia, so we get the chance to see Moz once in a blue moon because we don't matter :p If he were to tour here again, I'd be at as many shows as I could possibly afford.

Ever since the Grateful Dead quit touring I started following Morrissey

i wish i could follow him more. i mean, going to two concerts in another country in two different states takes its tow on my student budget enough...but i wish i could see about 4 concerts in a row....siiiighhh. because, because, because i just want to be in his proximity.

I've never stood in line all day, by MYSELF, from 11am-9pm, just to see someone.....other than Morrissey, and I never will.
What sucks is that he'll never know how much I really love him, and thank God for him. *sigh*

Coz he's the only person I love that doesn't disappoint me.
and coz he makes me happy.

Really good answer. :)

And also, because to me going to see Moz sing is more like going to hang out with your friend than it is going to a concert. At Moz's show, you're participating and you can tell how vital your participation is.... with anyone else, you basically just stand there and allow yourself to be entertained. I also think it boils down to just wanting to be as close to Morrissey as possible, as often as possible.

Coz he's the only person I love that doesn't disappoint me.
and coz he makes me happy.

hear hear!
also because i waited so long for my first gig and to get to hold his hand then, and have such a fab experience, i am totally hooked now.
(i too would queue all day on my own/travel to the otherside of the coutry, because your never alone at a Moz gig :))

Oh I really would like to follow him, but I can't. Too hard, because I'm too young and I don't have money enough. :(
He makes me happy too. He's the only person who I really adore.

I'm afraid that he retires when I'm old enough going to different countries to see him. :(

I wish he would come to Finland...

Simply because everything he says... says everything to me about my life :D. His honesty, his compassion and his bravery make him different from the rest of the crowd and I wouldn't have him any other way. A musical personality like Morrissey onlycomes along once in a lifetime. He is truly unique. Those who don't understand him do so because they've never tried to. How anyone could sit and listen to him speak and the things he had to say, even in 1983, and not like him I have no idea :o

"Prancing around with NHS specs on, gladioli hanging out of your back pocket and wearing a woman's blouse....now that's a f***ing pop star!"

Simply because everything he says... says everything to me about my life :D. His honesty, his compassion and his bravery make him different from the rest of the crowd and I wouldn't have him any other way. A musical personality like Morrissey onlycomes along once in a lifetime. He is truly unique. Those who don't understand him do so because they've never tried to. How anyone could sit and listen to him speak and the things he had to say, even in 1983, and not like him I have no idea :o

"Prancing around with NHS specs on, gladioli hanging out of your back pocket and wearing a woman's blouse....now that's a f***ing pop star!"

Absolutely spot on Amy. Us Yorkies know how to put things into words. He he!

I went to see him 15 times in 6 different countries last year - and I dont regret a single minute of travelling or a single penny I spent because seeing Moz live just makes me happy. And meeting people from all over the world who share the same passion is absolutely fantastic.

Hope you Aussies will get your deserved Moz-fix soon.

I love him. I don't really know him, I can't say that, but what I know of him, his words, I love.

He makes me happy. Way back, nearly twenty years ago, his words gave me permission to be different, to think. He encouraged me not to settle for less in my life. I deserved to be loved, and shouldn't have to lower my standards for anyone, cheapen my thoughts, or allow myself to be abused just so I could feel accepted. He helped me turn the other cheek, turning being lonely and different into a point of strength rather than weakness. He told me the world would catch up to me, I just had to wait.

So then he had his dead spell while I was off getting an ordinary life and being a clever swine. Then I rediscovered him and fell in love again. Unlike many of the things I loved when I was younger, he's held up. Everytime I read his lyrics or listen to him, I hear something different and new. That's rare, how many writers of poetry or prose write so well?

Plus he's sexy as hell.

I remember seeing him on top of the pops, and not liking him at all, it took a couple of years to understand what he was all about and listen to his words etc then i got "it" , was a teenager....and became besotted, i must say...then bloody Marr left:(

Back
Top Bottom