What are your origins?

the finnish side.

i really should trace that line back as i know next to nothing of it.
i will take a photo of it as some point and show you.

Thanks :) I'm dying to see what the language is like. Since it's from the 18th century it's probably a hilarious read. It is in Finnish, right? :D (Yes, the linguist in me gets her kicks out of weird things :o)

Thanks :) I'm dying to see what the language is like. Since it's from the 18th century it's probably a hilarious read. It is in Finnish, right? :D (Yes, the linguist in me gets her kicks out of weird things :o)

I am guessing so, as it is certainly not english.:D
i just have to find some gloves or i will have red all over my hands for days and look like i am having a bad bout of stigmata.:rolleyes::p

I am guessing so, as it is certainly not english.:D
i just have to find some gloves or i will have red all over my hands for days and look like i am having a bad bout of stigmata.:rolleyes::p

I suppose it could've been in Latin as well although the bible was translated into Finnish in the 16th century. I just had to check :)

Stigmata, eh? Maybe it's a special bible. ;)

edit: I can't believe I'm discussing 18th century bible translations on a Saturday night. I need a life. :p

i do not know that much about that side,but i have an 18th century bible that has been passed down through the generations.

Oooh. We have one of those too. We plan to have it fixed up soon, but the estimate is $1k. D: It's particularly interesting because there are old tin types of our ancestors and some of them look like us.

I suppose it could've been in Latin as well although the bible was translated into Finnish in the 16th century. I just had to check :)

Stigmata, eh? Maybe it's a special bible. ;)

edit: I can't believe I'm discussing 18th century bible translations on a Saturday night. I need a life. :p

haha,what does that say about me?!:p
oh wait i do not have a life.:rolleyes:

well i took latin,so i know latin when i see it.:p

I never took Latin and I regret that now. All the Latin I know I've learnt from Asterix. ;)

well i think it is not latin,but it has been a while but i do not see any of the declensions i still remember.
could be a long lived family lie and you will tell me that it is not even finnish.:p
i too ka few quick crappy pictures, gimme a few minutes to upload them:)
I'm also a mutt :D High five for the mutts

it makes life interesting.
and a good excuse for when i claim moodiness,i am at war with myself!:p

Aw, man! That's one beautiful book! And it is Finnish, you haven't been lied to. ;)

yeah i would love to have it restored.
i also have some letters, though only form the beginning of the 1900's but they are are also I assume finnish,i may have to try and see if i can have them scanned,i would love to see what they are about.

yeah i would love to have it restored.
i also have some letters, though only form the beginning of the 1900's but they are are also I assume finnish,i may have to try and see if i can have them scanned,i would love to see what they are about.

Have it restored if you can afford it. It's beautiful. I love books, especially old ones.
And if you need someone to translate the letters for you I'd be more than happy to oblige. :)

Back
Top Bottom