What are the new songs about?

Mimi Ramone

Call me too far gone to the point of no return
What do you think the new tracks are about? I for one can't imagine what "Zoom zoom the little boy" might be about. What are your guesses for the new titles?

Definitely. I was pretty sure I remember him saying something about the Notre Dame fire...but when I google it, only this shows up:
Screenshot_20230220_235337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Doesn't mean I think the song is about that, but I am actually surprised that this didn't make Central's homepage as with the hotel in Jakarta ^^

If it's a French concept album then I hope Morrissey will appear on the cover wearing a beret and posing suggestively with a baguette. 🥖

We'll probably never find out because the album will probably never be released.

Morrissey, in his stubborn refusal to self release, clearly thinks it is still 1988 and labels will suddenly begin falling over themselves to sign him.

Headache - record labels? Or himself?

It's about Johnny Marr, of course.
It probably won't be, but 'Many Icebergs Ago' might possibly be Marr related? As soon as I read the title, my mind skipped back to that bit in 'Autobiography' where they briefly reconnected: 'I decide to write to Johnny - hacking into mountains of ice'. OK, it's pretty tenuous, but there you go!

It probably won't be, but 'Many Icebergs Ago' might possibly be Marr related? As soon as I read the title, my mind skipped back to that bit in 'Autobiography' where they briefly reconnected: 'I decide to write to Johnny - hacking into mountains of ice'. OK, it's pretty tenuous, but there you go!
I know "songs about Marr" is always a highly debatable topic and I don't necessarily think that Morrissey would write songs about him nowadays. But these are the first songs that were written after the open letter incident. After your post I thought, that he said something similar in the open letter and he did in regards to "many [time period] ago".
In fact he uses the sentence "many lifetimes ago" twice in the letter, which is interesting because I don't think that he would repeat himself intentionally with the same exact wording, so it seems that was a highly charged and important fact he wanted to make clear. Saying that and looking at the title it could very well be about the feelings you have towards someone you knew a long time ago and that has disappointed you (and not necessarily only about Marr). I know it's a stretch, but it's meant to be a guessing anyway.:tiphat:

Many icebergs ago could be about environment, ambient, global warming.

I first thought of the phrase…

the tip of the iceberg​

Which as we know means …

‘To be only a small, often unrepresentative portion of something much larger or more complex that cannot yet be seen or understood.’

I first thought of the phrase…

the tip of the iceberg​

Which as we know means …

‘To be only a small, often unrepresentative portion of something much larger or more complex that cannot yet be seen or understood.’
Also, I think it's the anniversary of the film "Titanic".

Definitely a French-themed album with Boulevard, Notre-Dame and Pigalle.

No relation probably, but it did make me think of …

Oh gay Paree look what you’ve done to me

always loved this version…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom