There are two new 'worst Morrissey songs of all time' (and one's on Bonfire)

Not really sure if it's fair to include demos and unreleased tracks. With Moz, there's usually a reason that tracks are not released - either he knows they're not good enough or they are "tested" live and dropped if they get a bad reaction. KC is so bad it's embarrassing but really, I can just skip it. I am long past the days of expecting "classics" on any Moz album. "Nice enough songs that won't change the world" is about where we're at, and it's pretty normal for someone his age I think.
Actually, that is a fair point @Amy. Unreleased tracks are indeed not released for a reason.
It was seeing Kerouac's Crack right at the bottom that really concerned me as it is at least due for release.
My preference for the two unreleased albums is that the best songs from both are put out as one album, with perhaps some songs re-recorded if the different original production means they would otherwise not sit well together.

I remember sitting outside the venue in Perth, Scotland in 2011 and all of us were gathered around a single iphone listening to the release of The Kid's A Looker. It was so strange hearing it on a phone at that time and the lyrics were so odd - "just add cash and stir" had us all laughing upon first hearing it. I don't mind it, but it's not in my top 10. ;)

Tastes are personal. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not a dog on a chain is one of his best albums and I love the new songs.
IMO he’s as good as he’s ever been.
Agreed that taste is personal. That's why I think that Dog is one of the worst Morrissey albums ever. It sounded like Morrissey had been listening to the Killers circa 2003-2005, and some New Order, and thought he'd copy that sound, but do it in the worst possible way with the worst possible lyrics.

I love the music in Kerouac's Crack. I would have appreciated more effort on the lyrics, but, as it is, I don't judge it his worst song. I would put it in the low-average group, though. As someone said on here, it could be ok in the album flow.

The worst Morrissey song ever is Found Found Found, followed by Asian Rut, then every single note on World Peace.

Back
Top Bottom