What do you think of the new song, 'Without Music The World Dies'?

What do you think of the new song, 'Without Music The World Dies'?

• Total voters
If the recorded version has the same sweeping energy of the live version, then I wmight go for 3. I like the tune but genuinely disappointed by the lyrics. I guess I was hoping for Rubber Ring part 2. Instead we get the same old ramblings that dominated
LIHS. I don’t want to go back to that album.

I prefer the night pop. Sounds more like a continuation of IANADOAC, which is not a bad thing.

Musical and lyrical genius.

I think it’s great but he could have tried a bit harder with one or two lines. Love the melody and the sentiment. He should have written

you don’t need to trust your government
no lying prime minister or corrupt president.

Nobody sings about such things as home-schooling and billionaires. That’s why I cherish him so much
Lol
M has been singing this stuff for years and so do like loads of other acts. To me it sounds like he spends too much time on Rumble

I'd rate both of the new songs 3/5 (and most of the BOT songs 2/5 - but that's me). I really hope he debuts an Alain Whyte co-write soon.
Seems fair.
To me the guy seems to be on autopilot.
The disappointing thing is both title tracks on both unreleased Lps, just aren't that good . They ain't bad but they aren't Maladjusted or Queen is dead or meat is murder or even World Peace Is None of your business .

His band are great , live he is fire and has been for a couple of years. His voice is brilliant . He looks better now than he did from 2009 to 2016
But he has no songs .
It's like the passion ,the love, the empathy ,the wit and the playfulness have now totally vanished . What remains is moaning, like an old guy posting on FB after spending the weekend watching YouTube
For the first time in my life, the only m things I look forward to are live gigs .I now have no interest in reading/watching a M interview, I haven't got any excitement about pending cover art or even hearing new songs.
Which is shocking to me and it's the first time I have ever felt like this. Im really hoping some of the new music is on par with River Clean.

I hope people don't read this as an attack on M as it isn't . I am just not connecting with his new music like I did River Clean or Art Hounds or I wish You Lonely etc.
I find his words to be lazy at best . His observations which used to be thought provoking are now now just like the kind of people who call James O Brian to moan "woke " people
I think he still has the magic , he just seems to not be using it

Wishing M the very best , but I just can't see any record company getting excited by the news songs he performed.

He was great in London the other week and it's nice he's spending time in Europe, it's nice Europe is getting to witness his new live band . He's a beast live again
Hammersmith was the bomb.

Honestly like the 2 songs we have heard so far better than anything from Bonfire. Also really don't like the production on Bonfire from what we have heard so I'm very happy that Joe is back for this. Plus a couple of Alain songs!

Not going to pass judgement until I hear studio tracks, I am not a dog on a chain (the song) sounded great live and then the studio track was like the fun police abducted it and beat it up in the back of a van before allowing it on the CD
I dont know if you agree but imho Rebels was nicely studio baked.

I dont know if you agree but imho Rebels was nicely studio baked.
I liked Rebels and thought it sounded fine and can't hear any of the problems most people have with it, but I accept the complaints about it's production quality are quite numerous... so I think I'm probably in the minority

I liked Rebels and thought it sounded fine and can't hear any of the problems most people have with it, but I accept the complaints about it's production quality are quite numerous... so I think I'm probably in the minority
I really like the overall production of Rebels, it's so jangly and poppy compared to the heavy this of the Highschool tracks. A welcome change.

I really like the overall production of Rebels, it's so jangly and poppy compared to the heavy this of the Highschool tracks. A welcome change.
Its a class song but better live. Veronica, telephone and bonfire are amazing. Bonfire is a classic, really moving stuff and beautiful musically. Its an utter sin we don't have the album.

Capitol really seems like they just want to get even after Morrissey pulled out from Harvest after the World Peace.. fiasco. Really petty behavior, but that's how the record industry keep their hand over the artists.

Capitol really seems like they just want to get even after Morrissey pulled out from Harvest after the World Peace.. fiasco. Really petty behavior, but that's how the record industry keep their hand over the artists.
Coruscating insight. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom