TTY: Harrods, London

Harrods, London - true-to-you.net
26 June 2016

Morrissey's Autobiography continues to be a strong seller in the UK.
This photograph taken by Linder Sterling, June 2016.

38798_img_6205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another non event from True To Nobody. Linder must have nothing to do these days. Why doesn't that useless site post rare photos from recording session etc. Not a bloody book on a shelf. Bottom of barrel just got scraped.

And wouldn't they keep more copies of a book on the shelf if it's a title that sells regularly?
Being a Morrissey site, there must be at least one bookshop worker on here who can confirm.

That is, assuming the books behind the one at front are all copies of Autobio and the display wasn't engineered ;-) And books on sale aren't the same as books actually sold ;-P

And wouldn't they keep more copies of a book on the shelf if it's a title that sells regularly?
Being a Morrissey site, there must be at least one bookshop worker on here who can confirm.

They do. At a Barnes and Nobel after initial release inventory on sheves is based on sales and sales expectations. After a certain amount of time the books get pulled if they don't sell in what they call zoning and are returned to the publisher

You don't have to go in Harrods to see copies of Autoshiteography just look in the book sections of any high street charity shop, you can pick up a copy for a quid.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

There was a time when poets where looked upon as 'pop stars', the young fainting at sold out recitations. His Autobiography and life are not a 'musical', though I'm sure he wished it was ! :D

That would be super excellent. Steven the musical adaptation of auto biography. A stage show we'd just call Steven the musical for the double meaning. An All original musical score of course

two copies in mint condition now available for purchase at local charity shop.

one, autographed by moz, sells for a quid
the other not autographed is a bit more expensive, two quids.

your next post is your last.

I still note there is no mention of Steve's bulbous award winning novel, the penguin classic ' List of the lost '
R O F L :rofl:

I also note I'm still posting after your threat above :tiphat::laughing::mock::rofl::drama::clap::angry::ahhh::guitar::lbf::handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

So this was posted so you could tell us you were sceptical about it? Who knew?

So this was posted so you could tell us you were sceptical about it? Who knew?

I'm more curious to know who's check tty everyday. Mm pretty pro morrissey and I've never gone once outside of every once in a while clicking a link here. Seems like those who hate his ranting to use there words check it all the time which is just weird

Thanks for confirming!

They do. At a Barnes and Nobel after initial release inventory on sheves is based on sales and sales expectations. After a certain amount of time the books get pulled if they don't sell in what they call zoning and are returned to the publisher

aw i thought this was to be the post where he finally invited me to go blazer shopping with him! i am dissapoint :(

on the subject of his book they had it facing outward at my bookstore too! with a mug that glorious it would be sacrilege to not have it facing outwards. this was before i bought it. i had to walk past it a few times sighing and looking at it longingly before i eventually had the courage to pick it up. it's not that i dont want people to see me picking up a morrissey book, it's just that what if they dont know who morrissey is, and they think he's just some british singer along the lines of robbie williams. how embarassing that would be. i would never read a book about robbie williams. i eventually bought it though, of course, along with a philip larkin book so that the shopkeeper wouldnt think all i read are musical biographies.
He'll never invite you to anything. To him you are just a seal-clubbing citizen.:mapleleaf:

I'm more curious to know who's check tty everyday. Mm pretty pro morrissey and I've never gone once outside of every once in a while clicking a link here. Seems like those who hate his ranting to use there words check it all the time which is just weird
Again in English, please.

meet me at the gents blazer section at harrods, mozzer! later we can cruise the candy department!

is harrods hip, or is it like for stodgy ruddy-faced 'old guard' type folk clad in yellow tweed suits and with names like rodger and harriet? i need to know these things.

Not as weird as your inability to string a coherent sentence together. If you are looking for a purpose to your life just go to any canned goods producer and ask them to convert you into tins of dog food.

Not as weird as your inability to string a coherent sentence together. If you are looking for a purpose to your life just go to any canned goods producer and ask them to convert you into tins of dog food.

You seem upset at lazy typing and grammar which I also think is weird Imo. It's strange to go on about morrissey rantings and how try is a sad joke and doesn't post anything worthwhile like studio photos but still check it every day

You seem upset at lazy typing and grammar which I also think is weird Imo. It's strange to go on about morrissey rantings and how try is a sad joke and doesn't post anything worthwhile like studio photos but still check it every day
I'm happy we don't seem to have much in common. By the way this site isn't TTY in case you didn't notice.

I'm happy we don't seem to have much in common. By the way this site isn't TTY in case you didn't notice.

It did come to me after a bit. I'm happy your happy though. As for myself I remain indifferent on the subject. I don't know much about you honestly except that you highly respect proper typing and grammar as signs of civil respect

For all intents and purposes solo has become the few second time delayed version of TTY. There is really no other reason to go to TTY than for the postings. It is completely devoid of anything dynamic, vibrant, or interesting. It's basically a drive through window where those agents from solo who are vigilant in their monitoring of TTY pick up the daily morsel offered and then bring it back here for the rest of us to share.

Not very nourishing these days. True Morrissey fans are starving for pictures, concert preparation and new music news, previously unreleased music/items/photos, and instead we are given nephew photo shops, pictures of walls, incredibly bad music video links, etc. It's easy to see why some here are getting at the very least a little "light headed" from the lack of sustenance.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom