TTY: Harrods, London

Harrods, London - true-to-you.net
26 June 2016

Morrissey's Autobiography continues to be a strong seller in the UK.
This photograph taken by Linder Sterling, June 2016.

38798_img_6205.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They do. At a Barnes and Nobel after initial release inventory on sheves is based on sales and sales expectations. After a certain amount of time the books get pulled if they don't sell in what they call zoning and are returned to the publisher

Sure, if the book remains in exhibition it's because Harrods knows its business. It's a best-seller. Sorry Benny

isnt it so like a greek tragedy?!
It's a conspiracy. I think he genuinely dislikes Canadians. He doesn't bother touring Canada, because he doesn't have a strong fan-base here. (Correct me if I am wrong). It wouldn't be financially profitable to tour there, so what does he do? He adds the the seal-clubbing issue into it to have a case. It's a no-brainer.

Sure, if the book remains in exhibition it's because Harrods knows its business. It's a best-seller. Sorry Benny

I don't know harrods. If it's a giant multi chain or a corner shop owned by an aging hippie but in general if they have five to six copies from my experience it's because it sells

For all intents and purposes solo has become the few second time delayed version of TTY. There is really no other reason to go to TTY than for the postings. It is completely devoid of anything dynamic, vibrant, or interesting. It's basically a drive through window where those agents from solo who are vigilant in their monitoring of TTY pick up the daily morsel offered and then bring it back here for the rest of us to share.

Not very nourishing these days. True Morrissey fans are starving for pictures, concert preparation and new music news, previously unreleased music/items/photos, and instead we are given nephew photo shops, pictures of walls, incredibly bad music video links, etc. It's easy to see why some here are getting at the very least a little "light headed" from the lack of sustenance.

For me it was unforgiving when he described solo as ' the online hateful crèche '. Just proved what a selfish, unappreciative, stupid c@@t he truly is. From that day on he was doomed :eyes: !
Just ask any other pop performer the question (don't 4kin start people, that's all he is a performing/performance/travelling/act/gimmickster for money) Is it a wise move to turn on your fanbase ?
A loyal fanbase that had to create its own website because the performer was a Luddite, tight bastard who couldn't be arsed to create their own site yet wanted to control the fan site and spat out the dummy when he couldn't take control.
Apparently TTY was a fanzine set up by super ultra fan Julia Riley ! Well we don't hear much of that name anymore do we ? It was always a dull site to begin with but the last couple of years it's been a multiple brain damage orgasm for ants brains ! I have a funny feeling the multi talented Gary Barlow lookalike is running it and Ms Riley has taken the silence money.
Autism ? It's a funny old world !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

For me it was unforgiving when he described solo as ' the online hateful crèche '. Just proved what a selfish, unappreciative, stupid c@@t he truly is. From that day on he was doomed :eyes: !
Just ask any other pop performer the question (don't 4kin start people, that's all he is a performing/performance/travelling/act/gimmickster for money) Is it a wise move to turn on your fanbase ?
A loyal fanbase that had to create its own website because the performer was a Luddite, tight bastard who couldn't be arsed to create their own site yet wanted to control the fan site and spat out the dummy when he couldn't take control.
Apparently TTY was a fanzine set up by super ultra fan Julia Riley ! Well we don't hear much of that name anymore do we ? It was always a dull site to begin with but the last couple of years it's been a multiple brain damage orgasm for ants brains ! I have a funny feeling the multi talented Gary Barlow lookalike is running it and Ms Riley has taken the silence money.

Yes. And this is the only fan site I visit so I can't comment on the quality of other sites, but from what I have read here sites like David Bowie's, The Cure, etc. all are more robust than TTY. He seems to do the very least to make it a visitable and viable operation. If he only realized he could make a pretty penny by sprucing things up a bit and offering special promotional bobbles and trinkets, he could be carryin' a way a pot full of gold. Whoops...got my inner leprechaun working there for a minute. :fourleaf:

It doesn't wash ! A more plausible explanation is Linder found it in the bargain bin and sneakily placed a few on the shelf then took a few snide pics on her i-phone in the hope that Steve will let her back into the inner circle to take some decent pics ! Rest assured though the talented nephew takes far better pics for no money :laughing:.

I don't normally agree with Benny but I do here. TTY is drivel. At least Moz solo tries to publish relevant stories. Moz is a fantastic artist and has given us stellar music over the years. At the same time he is full of crap and bends the truth or lies when it suits. He 'squinted' at a copy of The Severed Alliance. Ok right. He owns an iPod but has never taken it out of the box. Ok, so what does he use? A Walkman? Journalists are not allowed to ask him about a Smiths reunion. Then in the next interview he complains that promoters have never offered him money for a reunion. He slags off Moz Solo and then drip feeds excrement to TTY.

I don't normally agree with Benny but I do here. TTY is drivel. At least Moz solo tries to publish relevant stories. Moz is a fantastic artist and has given us stellar music over the years. At the same time he is full of crap and bends the truth or lies when it suits. He 'squinted' at a copy of The Severed Alliance. Ok right. He owns an iPod but has never taken it out of the box. Ok, so what does he use? A Walkman? Journalists are not allowed to ask him about a Smiths reunion. Then in the next interview he complains that promoters have never offered him money for a reunion. He slags off Moz Solo and then drip feeds excrement to TTY.

I'm so passionate about what this site has done for him ACTON, it really is a disgrace the way he has treated it and us ! His choice ! So 4ck him !
f***IN CRANKFRAUD WANKER ! (Haunt him till I die)
#robbed and raped my formative years (#unt)

It's a conspiracy. I think he genuinely dislikes Canadians. He doesn't bother touring Canada, because he doesn't have a strong fan-base here. (Correct me if I am wrong). It wouldn't be financially profitable to tour there, so what does he do? He adds the the seal-clubbing issue into it to have a case. It's a no-brainer.
i've wondered that myself, if his fan base here is perhaps not very strong, which makes it easier to just eschew the country altogether on the basis of the seal hunt. if he had as strong a fan base as elsewhere it's possible that he might not. i dont really know though, i just know that people in my area dont really seem to know who he is, sadly. im not too hung up on him not coming to canada though--would be nice, but he can do as he wants. plus i dont really know how i'd feel about having to share my morrissey with other grubby canadians, sitting/standing shoulder to shoulder with the unworthy hooligans. ew. shudder.

i've wondered that myself, if his fan base here is perhaps not very strong, which makes it easier to just eschew the country altogether on the basis of the seal hunt. if he had as strong a fan base as elsewhere it's possible that he might not. i dont really know though, i just know that people in my area dont really seem to know who he is, sadly. im not too hung up on him not coming to canada though--would be nice, but he can do as he wants. plus i dont really know how i'd feel about having to share my morrissey with other grubby canadians, sitting/standing shoulder to shoulder with the unworthy hooligans. ew. shudder.
Hey, I am a nice fan! You can stand next to me. I smell really good, I am easy on the eye as well. :lbf::mapleleaf:

It doesn't wash ! A more plausible explanation is Linder found it in the bargain bin and sneakily placed a few on the shelf then took a few snide pics on her i-phone in the hope that Steve will let her back into the inner circle to take some decent pics ! Rest assured though the talented nephew takes far better pics for no money :laughing:.

You believe all people act in the same sickly way your mind works. You are a rat, anonymouse Benny, and your words tell more about you than about the people you refer to. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Hey, I am a nice fan! You can stand next to me. I smell really good, I am easy on the eye as well. :lbf::mapleleaf:
well lah-di-dah. though unfortunately the fact of you being an unmitigated jerkwad kind of negates all of that other stuff. but sure, you're on. we'll stand beside each other at the next canadian morrissey concert.

For all intents and purposes solo has become the few second time delayed version of TTY. There is really no other reason to go to TTY than for the postings. It is completely devoid of anything dynamic, vibrant, or interesting. It's basically a drive through window where those agents from solo who are vigilant in their monitoring of TTY pick up the daily morsel offered and then bring it back here for the rest of us to share.

Not very nourishing these days. True Morrissey fans are starving for pictures, concert preparation and new music news, previously unreleased music/items/photos, and instead we are given nephew photo shops, pictures of walls, incredibly bad music video links, etc. It's easy to see why some here are getting at the very least a little "light headed" from the lack of sustenance.

True, but imagine the pressure when Linder sends him this photo and suggests it would be good on "his" website. :D Reading between the lines we did learn that Linder is leading a posh lifestyle where she shops for scarves at Harrods probably sipping gin from a sterling silver flask, because this seems like the sort of thing one would have to be inebriated to take a photo and send to Morrissey.

I think Morrissey's just trolling the people waiting to hear his opinion on Brexit.

Morrissey is more than wealthy enough to not care about Brexit, he cares about nothing and no one, except of course himself, how do I know this?... Ten Years on tour with him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom