Tirade against the NME on Morrissey Official FB by Peter Katsis

Appears to come from Peter Katsis. Appallingly written mess of a statement.

Link here:

Text here:

"The N.M.E. used to represent the underground.

Now they are becoming known as The Guardian of rock music.

They had to stop printing copies.

Not because no one buys magazines.

Print publications like Q Magazine and Kerrang! still exist, because they remember who they are.

But not N.M.E.

They forgot who they were.

And because they just aren’t cool anymore.

N.M.E. are also just full of shit.

And can’t even afford good writers to work for them.

They like to remind readers of all the past allegations of the year, despite their lack of any basis in fact, despite that they are just re-hashing stories over and over, old news, fake news, etc.

But they leave out their own old issues, of lawsuits lost, and legal battles that forced them to apologize to M in the past.

And they lie more than Donald Trump.

-N.M.E. asked no one from M’s camp for comment to their recent story.

-Haslam was never a Moz fan. He was a publicity hound who had a new book coming that no one cared about.

-We didn’t cancel our summer shows because of Haslam’s weak event, the protest that drew no people.

-Moz in not a racist.

None of M’s latino fans care about UK politics, but hell…..why not call them up and try and find a story where one doesn’t exist?

Not like they have anything real to write about……like music.

Because they don’t even know what music is anymore.

Basically all this points to the fact that writer(?) Bob Chiarito and his editors at N.M.E. have been relegated to meaninglessness.

Not really even worth writing about for this Facebook post.

We stand up for ourselves here, not because we give a shit anymore what these folks say…..

…..but to point out to the fans and music industry of the UK that they’ve changed their title.

Now N.M.E. stands for …….Now Mostly Excrement.

No longer of any value to the music community…. they have decided to be the TMZ of music news.

Good riddance. - PK"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the newish posters/new Morrissey fans etc (Reel, vegan, Gordy etc), Andrea really was a stalker of Andy Rourke. Hopefully she is better now (and seems to have found God (I know, Jesus)), but she was mentally unhinged at one point.

Some from the archives, which is all familiar to those who have been visiting this site for a few years:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ew-from-2011-morrissey-solo-mentioned.129129/

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...though-you-had-me-chucked-out-of-south.19251/

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ndrea-ison-stalking-incident-this-week.51377/

She pretty much made Andy's life hell at one point, made threats to do stuff to him, she visited his ex-wife's house thinking Andy would be there (God knows what she would have done), came up to Manchester from her home in London and went to South (it's an indie club in Manchester) when Andy was DJing there, even though she was a known stalker at this point.

Isn't posting personal information acquired as MOD a form of stalking? :straightface:
Someone said that Uncle Skinny used to be a Mod on here but unfortunately he abused his powers to find out other members' personal info.

I don't think that means that he also posted that personal info on here.

Is there actually anyone left that he hasn't blocked?

I wish he would block himself out of existence.

Though I suppose it would be easy enough for everybody here to block him & leave him ranting at himself indefinitely. Then he might just realise what an utter cretin he is.

It’s very sad to witness somebody with such obvious personal issues but he really is tedious in the extreme.

I’m going to block him right now. I strongly suggest that anybody with half a brain cell does the same.

To be fair there is a long tradition of artists embarassing themselves in this way, although usually more specifically in response to a bad review. Check out this atrocity from Chris de Burgh, complete with the classic 'the reviewer must have been bullied as a child' trope so common to such things. https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/chris-de-burgh-sees-red-1.735963
God, that is truly awful. "...how you must have writhed at every standing ovation; how you must have cringed at every call of “Chris, we love you”" Not as much as me reading this, Chris. I didn't think anyone could out-embarrass Morrissey but I think he has a rival.

I have, but you just step in the guy by accident, like dog shit on a Paris sidewalk.

I stopped listening and watching the news long ago. Such
a pointless and a draining of the spirit activity. Feel much healthier for it. It’s better ( I feel) to make changes in the world with the little choices we make and thoughts we keep through out the day.

a pointless and a draining of the spirit activity. Feel much healthier for it. It’s better ( I feel) to make changes in the world with the little choices we make and thoughts we keep through out the day.
Yes, but you have to balance detachment with information gathering. It's best to stop and smell the roses in life, but you can't be so into the scent of the bouquet that you walk yourself off of a cliff.

For all the newish posters/new Morrissey fans etc (Reel, vegan, Gordy etc), Andrea really was a stalker of Andy Rourke. Hopefully she is better now (and seems to have found God (I know, Jesus)), but she was mentally unhinged at one point.

Some from the archives, which is all familiar to those who have been visiting this site for a few years:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ew-from-2011-morrissey-solo-mentioned.129129/

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...though-you-had-me-chucked-out-of-south.19251/

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ndrea-ison-stalking-incident-this-week.51377/

She pretty much made Andy's life hell at one point, made threats to do stuff to him, she visited his ex-wife's house thinking Andy would be there (God knows what she would have done), came up to Manchester from her home in London and went to South (it's an indie club in Manchester) when Andy was DJing there, even though she was a known stalker at this point.

Wow, I mean Andy’s a good bass player, but stalk worthy?...don’t think so.

I wouldn't recommend completely shutting yourself off from the news, otherwise you risk being uninformed about the world around you. The best thing is to read from a variety of decent news sources, with differing editorial stances, otherwise you end up living in an echo chamber.

I agree, I haven't watched the News for years and it's a great thing for clarity and sanity but it's helpful not to fill that void by filling your mind with even more biased Internet 'News' as our man does. You might as well watch Fox 24/7 as do that.

The problem with the TV News is you're like a sponge to it, but likewise with the Internet, you've got to read everything and make your own mind up.

:drama:
Hater drama. The Ayatollah Haslaam stalked the Moz gig and nobody called the police, in fact, the haters were all over him with praise.:lbf:
and you KNOW he was on meds, the smoking kind LOL:smoking:

Yes, but you have to balance detachment with information gathering. It's best to stop and smell the roses in life, but you can't be so into the scent of the bouquet that you walk yourself off of a cliff.

Yes, but most are not interested in the roses, and that is why
this world is going to hell.

Detachment brings space to see the bigger picture. Then again it depends on the person.

I wouldn't recommend completely shutting yourself off from the news, otherwise you risk being uninformed about the world around you. The best thing is to read from a variety of decent news sources, with differing editorial stances, otherwise you end up living in an echo chamber.
It's exhausting going "First the left, and now the right..." But this entirely.

I agree, I haven't watched the News for years and it's a great thing for clarity and sanity but it's helpful not to fill that void by filling your mind with even more biased Internet 'News' as our man does. You might as well watch Fox 24/7 as do that.

Agreed on that. I watch Channel 4 now and again, because it does have some decent journalism from time to time, and covers things the BBC and ITV won't, but I avoid the BBC and ITV like the plague. They don't challenge anything (eg the whole Vote Leave breaking the law during the Brexit referendum), so watching them is just tedious and depressing in the worst kind of way.

Sychophantic f***-tards don’t rely on success as a means of justification for their ruthless, laughably ill-placed obsessions. Just have a look at all the folks on here playing lap-dog to Morrissey’s downward spiral.

You outta have a better grip on reality than to post this kind of hypocrisy, if ou wanna be taken seriously. ;)

Well BrummieBoy it looks like our mission is very close to being well and truly accomplished. It was a long hard campaign we fought but just look what we have achieved, oh we've done it now ! The 'spirit' broke itself though in the end, no need for standing on fingers either. I've had it easy of late with my feet up laughing as I've watched it all cave in around his Stella McCartney size nines. Steven was never a true talented artist like he cracked on to be and eventually we proved he was a lying CrankFraud who borrowed and stole his whole performing package from true showbiz legends past and present. When I think of all the bitter and evil little antics he manipulated climbing the ladder the more I think we should let the British people stone him on Horse Guards Parade in London with Boorer at his side.
On a personal note I'd like to dedicate Steves downfall to Sir Anthony H Wilson, Justice at last Sir, you always told us he was a c&&t didn't you! Cheers :handfist:.
I'll be in Brum in October we can meet under that big brick clock tower on campus :thumbsup:

TTFN

Benny-the-Victorious-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yes, but most are not interested in the roses, and that is why
this world is going to hell.

Detachment brings space to see the bigger picture. Then again it depends on the person.
I agree that too many people forget to live while they're alive. Always working, never enjoying themselves. Balance in all things.

I agree. I wish he would stick to his guns as he usually has. But you can’t stop someone from having strong emotions and reacting the way he has. And though some will call it self sabotage, it is still brave considering his position to say anything, other artists
wouldn’t dare.

Someone said that Uncle Skinny used to be a Mod on here but unfortunately he abused his powers to find out other members' personal info.

I don't think that means that he also posted that personal info on here.

How about the dude from the Blue Rose? He posted plenty on him.:lbf:
what did he do with the info he obtained? Perchance passing it on to his
creepy cronies?:brows:

Hes been checking on me too, my secret Literature blogs LOL:lbf:
Its secret for reason for it being super secret.

When you think of 'normalcy' Skinny is the first dude that comes to mind :lbf:

I agree. I wish he would stick to his guns as he usually has. But you can’t stop someone from having strong emotions and reacting the way he has. And though some will call it self sabotage, it is still brave considering his position to say anything, other artists
wouldn’t dare.

To be honest I think he's been pretty stupid. He's got his media from a biased source and run with it. If you want to read identical things that he's said there are people saying identical things with the exact same wording all over the net. Since when was Morrissey a person who just regurgitated others' opinions (outside of song lines of course)? Something has gone wrong. Morrissey was always outspoken but he was never the sheep before.

Back
Top Bottom