The Smiths on the cover of next weeks 'NME'

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
It would seem, judging by the teaser on the back page of this weeks edition, that The Smiths are set to grace the cover, again. It features a lovely big Stephen Wright live shot of a grimacing Morrissey clutching a 'Queen Is Dead' placard (19th July 1986 ~ G-MEX Festival of the 10th Summer). The tag line reads '25 years on - Morrissey & Marr discuss the making of a masterpiece'.
It will appear on the very day that Morrissey unleashes on the good people of Perth.

NME article on the making of The Queen Is Dead

Not sure if this has been reported already but there is an article on the making of The Queen Is Dead in this week's NME (out Wed 15/06/11).

Please feel free to delete/merge if already reported.

Cheers,

I.R.

Re: NME article on the making of The Queen Is Dead

what an original idea
The-Smiths-NME---Special-Ann-505585.jpg

haha I guess there is only so many things NME can write about The Smiths. Why can't they ever write about their debut album for once?

Why can't they ever write about their debut album for once?

Because that would actually require them to not recycle the same old articles...

haha I guess there is only so many things NME can write about The Smiths. Why can't they ever write about their debut album for once?

cos it's bobbins.

Interesting interview with Johnny...
Here are a couple of pics, front cover and center page.

NME - Queen is Dead 25 Years On

In this week's NME, lots of coverage on QiD at 25.
Scanned here for our overseas cousins... or for those who still boycott the NME :)
Sorry for the small scans... you can download a full sized word document of them here http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3yj5n
QiD25_1.JPG

QiD25_2.JPG

QiD25_3.JPG

QiD25_4.JPG

QiD25_5.JPG

QiD25_6.JPG

QiD25_7.JPG

Enjoy

Dave

Last edited:
Re: NME - Queen is Dead 25 Years On

Sorry about the small scans... Thought they were bigger.... I'm working on it...

Dave

I bought it for the article. Nothing very new, but interesting nonetheless. There's a Smiths/Moz Prize Crossword in there too...

2d10jgl.jpg

P.

When I first read this thread title I thought, "Oh, let me guess - they'll probably use a variation of the Stephen Wright Queen Is Dead photoshoot for the cover like they did the LAST time they had this same article". Bingo. How pathetic. It's like they don't think we pay attention to these things or something.

Isn't it time someone produced a comparable feature on Strangeways...?
Chrome Dreams - how about getting your critics' panel together for a Strangeways-themed DVD?

Hey guys,
does anyone know the issue number of this magazine, as I missed it and desperately want it, so the post office man is going to see if he can get me a back issue.
Thankyou,x

Back
Top Bottom