The new Photography thread

And a photo of my trip to Mars.

DSC_0999_1.jpg

IMG_2185_zpsfddq9wcc.jpg

Is this the same animal? The locals here call them tejon (tekhon). They are the cutest little devils. Here, one of them just took my apple. They come out at night and sneak around the porches and balconies and take tourists' stuff away (shorts, books, sandals). I like to watch their wrestling matches which can last for a half an hour.

IMG_2067_zpsvoodbkek.jpg

An ignorant iguana.

IMG_2185_zpsfddq9wcc.jpg

Is this the same animal? The locals here call them tejon (tekhon). They are the cutest little devils. Here, one of them just took my apple. They come out at night and sneak around the porches and balconies and take tourists' stuff away (shorts, books, sandals). I like to watch their wrestling matches which can last for a half an hour.

Yes, that's a Coati.

When I visited an Island I suddenly found two actors about to perform a historical reenactment of some independence war.
DSC00695.jpg

And some houses in that Island
DSC00117.jpg

And a photo of an assemblage by a very good friend who always works anonymously and doesn't sign his works. This one was specially funny because he did it in just one night (even if its size is 10 x 2 meters) and placed it in the external wall of the most important contemporary art museum of his city. So the authorities of the museum didn't want to remove it because a Museum destroying art was not really a good publicity for the Museum... So they made lots of flyers asking if somebody knew who was the artist as to negotiate with him a safe removal of his work.
Then they offered $$$ to the person who could "denounce" the artist... which lead to a very fun set of coordinated responses with very fake hints.

I have a few works by him at home, but not from that specific assemblage... which caused a very funny detectivescal chase of the unknown artists.

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

first picture of a peregrine taken by the camera trap we installed into the peregrine falcon nesting box two years ago.
View attachment 43753
isn't she amazing? and her eye is the eye of god. and look at her feet. there hasnt ever been anything yellower. i have to add that the nesting box has been set up in a church steeple. i remember that day very clearly because three weeks before that i had survived the swine flu, my first flu ever. carrying up the box and all the other equipment up the steeple through a neverending narrow circular staircase made of medieval stone with bloodstains on the walls, felt like heaving a piano up the himalayas. fitzcarraldo came to mind, and i spit some blood after we had finally reached the cold top floor inside the spire, not to mention the century-old dust and dirt lying and flying around everywhere. but that's the kind of sacrifice which is necessary if we want to preserve the endangered biodiversity on this f***edup planet. and now, two years later, i feel uplifted when suddenly being eye to eye with this proud bird
Just beautiful, Lanterns. And lovely description too.

even though the soil is still frozen and a cold wind is blowing in from what seems to be siberia, it felt like the first day of spring today. the birds in the garden went nuts with joy. i filled a pot saucer with water dripping from the ice damaged rain barrel. hardly a second after i had put it down on a tree stump, a jolly little bluetit hopped into the saucer, and took a long and excessive bath. i had a great time watching him or her

View attachment 43898

Awesome shot. That Bird is havin' a party.

first picture of a peregrine taken by the camera trap we installed into the peregrine falcon nesting box two years ago.
View attachment 43753
isn't she amazing? and her eye is the eye of god. and look at her feet. there hasnt ever been anything yellower. i have to add that the nesting box has been set up in a church steeple. i remember that day very clearly because three weeks before that i had survived the swine flu, my first flu ever. carrying up the box and all the other equipment up the steeple through a neverending narrow circular staircase made of medieval stone with bloodstains on the walls, felt like heaving a piano up the himalayas. fitzcarraldo came to mind, and i spit some blood after we had finally reached the cold top floor inside the spire, not to mention the century-old dust and dirt lying and flying around everywhere. but that's the kind of sacrifice which is necessary if we want to preserve the endangered biodiversity on this f***edup planet. and now, two years later, i feel uplifted when suddenly being eye to eye with this proud bird

It's amazing! What kind of camera do you use?

thanks count, just my old nikon 500 something and a low-quality telephoto zoom lens. i like how it captured the scruffy animal amid the smooth surface of the water. i was told that nutrias have their origin in south america

Yes, there are a lot of them here. What kind of camera did you use in the nest?

"I just wanna say I haven't been away, I'm still right here where I always was."
My first post here in a long time. Changes in my life mean priorities have shifted, but I try and get out as much as I can. Here's one from the summit of Place Fell on 13-03-18.
Place Fell summit by Mal, on Flickr

The beginning, 5 days of epic views.

16bilxy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom