The new Photography thread

I hope everyone had a great spring break. This past week I was really trying to work on my exposure settings in the camera.

2dtudtw.jpg

plwu1.jpg

vx2nth.jpg

302cl1d.jpg

e9hxk7.jpg

vwvo6s.jpg

s1n75z.jpg

214uzww.jpg

this is my sweetheart and most gentle-mannered darling after a dental operation. three teeth had to be pulled. he is now a semi-toothless tiger. i was shocked when my vet handed over the cat carrier to me, my lovely animal companion still halfway under general anaesthetic, bloody snout and all. i cut off his ears in the photograph, thats how worried i was. plus, i thought that maybe i would need some evidence in case the cat didnt survive and i had to sue the vet and go to court.
View attachment 44320
update: he is perfectly fine and in top form nowadays.
oh my gosh, lanterns, what a cutie!!!!!! :love::love:

This shit is about to get real. Kings, Icon and OME. Ready to be installed.

4t6mn8.jpg

The ferns and mosses are so simple and beautiful.
IMG_2285_zpsh9hy3iiz.jpg

IMG_2284_zps43p2fvwm.jpg

And this friend payed me a two hours long visit. He came while I was reading on the patio, nibbled on the tulips and a vegetation of the back forest. Then he napped and ate some more. It was just the two of us, quietly enjoying each others' company. Lucky me.
IMG_2282_zpszqubbxpr.jpg

without meaning to be obtrusive, dear rifke and pablo honey, i've noticed the slightest teasing love thing goin on there between you two. let me make it clear that my cats and i prefer not to be instrumentalized for that.
Yeah that woman! She thinks I am some kind of a sex object! :lbf:

without meaning to be obtrusive, dear rifke and pablo honey, i've noticed the slightest teasing love thing goin on there between you two. let me make it clear that my cats and i prefer not to be instrumentalized for that.
I assure you, I was being quite genuine and that I wrote my post with no other intention other than to hopefully see more pictures of your delightful kitty witty wit da summer teeth. in fact, I didn't even notice Pablo honey was even in this thread!

my beloved furry guru instructed me today to take a picture of him and send it to you, from one saint to the other. i do as i am told.
/ to rifke from p. /
that's him attentively listening to lihs, in your lap, to be more precise, which turned out to be fantastic summer song, the whole album has a different vibe to it now that it's summer and the windows wide open:
View attachment 44636
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! :love: oh lanterns, you have the cutest wittle kitty witty I ever did see! his cheeks! eeeeeee! his lil paws! oh my! the only way he could be any cuter is if he were an orange tabby. but no, he's perfect as is. I want you to give him some pats (and maybe some treats?) from me, okay? make sure you tell him "this is from rifke" while you do it. thanks!

yes, there is an angular limp deformity at his right front paw. i was told at the shelter that he most likely had been raised by a breeder who took him away from his mother too early so that he couldnt get all the necessary nutrients in the mother's milk that kittens need to build strong bones. he also kind of breathes audibly through his nose, which probably is just another result of breeding. my guess is that someone must have rescued him from the breeder who wanted to get rid of him, i.e. kill him, as he did not turn out the perfect cat on the outside. but now he is here with me, all safe and hopefully happy. he is the most sensitive and sweet fellow, a bit grumpy too, but definitely a mature cat with lots of character inside him.

i got him from the shelter almost eight years ago. he is actually quite a big cat, and i remember that back then i was looking for a purring and tiny lap sitter for the cold winter days. so when i walked through the shelter's cat section looking through the windows into the miniature rooms and finally saw him sitting there and looking at me quietly, my first thought was that this cat was definitely too big for me, almost the size of half a calf and wouldnt fit into the apartment. so on that day i left the shelter without a cat and visited two more shelters in the following three weeks, always unsuccessfully. around christmas i went to the first shelter again to take a second look, and he was still there. i was told that he had been in the shelter for more than a year and his female friend that he had lived with for most of his life had already been adopted. he remained. this made me so sad that i immediately tossed all my ideas of the perfect cat overboard and adopted him on the spot. when i entered his room and happily lifted him up with all the strengths in my two arms announcing that he was now belonging to me, he immediately bit into my hand and scratched my chin. i instantly took him into my heart and knew he was going to be my best buddy :love:
oh lanterns you are amazing! I'm so glad you ended up taking this kitty home with you, and that you were able to see past his initial hostility. he needed someone like you to come along and love and accept him as he is. did you manage to turn him into a good lap kitty? or is that why you have the other kitty too? (you have another one, too, right?)

by the way, I have always found that big kitties that draped over you like a heavy blanket are the BEST lap sitters. if you cant feel the cat on your lap, what's the point?

yes, he is a lovely old gentleman now, but i've never managed to change him into a lap cat. that's simply not his style. sometimes though, twice a year, at best, he jumps onto my chest when i'm lying on the couch and starts purring and treading as if he was haunted by some other force, which is always the most surprising thing. this goes on for a few seconds before he lies down with a heavy flop, which is breathtaking but also nice in its own way. his heavy, warm and furry body kind of sinks into mine, he continues slobbering and purring for a few minutes until he finally notices what he is doing there, and in just another breathtaking pace jumps up in panic, and runs off to wherever his paws carry him.
the other kitty is a perfect lap cat, a real baby, always complaining about everything, though probably already eight years old. he is a sweetie but completely immature. he grew up in a hoard and clutterer's household with nine other cats, infested with ear mites, etc. they were all very close and that's what he is looking for in the older cat again, with the result that he is always rebuffed in the most aggressive way. he is only allowed to lick the part of p.'s head inbetween his ears, which he does devotedly. i try to compensate for the rest he needs, which is never enough.
the lives of you and your cats is so fascinating, lanterns! you could write a book! well I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you have all your cat needs covered now, what with your little lap kitty and your big stalwart tiger. some photos of the little one would not be amiss, although I should warn you, I have a soft spot for p. and his lil crooked foot <3

well, thanks rifke, but i think that whatever can be said about cats and their relationship to us human animals, has already been said or written about. p. let me know to send you his kind regards immediately. he prefers your pats to mine and wouldnt mind getting to know you better. well, so much about gratitude in cats...
well i think that calls for more treats! out with the kitty treats, lanterns!

to rifke (from t.):
View attachment 44696
this is t. eying me viciously from his raised hide after p. told him about the pats and treats and started to pack his suitcase for his immigration to canada.
lololol!!!!

well lanterns!! I didn't mean for you to leave t. out!! if you're giving p. treats you gotta make it fair and give t. some too!! now give t. some pats and treats for me, okay?!

oh boy, I cant wait till p. shows up on my doorstep with his lil suitcase! we're gonna have so much fun, me an' him!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom