The new Photography thread

low in high school arrived today at its new home and is mine now. first we went on a sightseeing tour of the town especially focusing on my neighbor's, a renowned architect, delightfully decorated window which is a sight to see.
R0000641.JPG

we had a ginger soup at the soup restaurant where i acquainted myself with its lyrics and also came up with a plan. i decided that today is mlidafy friday and i'm only going to listen to this first song on the cd. tomorrow is iwyl saturday, and sunday jacky's sunday, and so on. only one song from the album per day, so approximately 5-8 times a day i'm going to listen to each song. thus, each song will be provided with lots of space and attention. then, tuesday next week but one, i'm going to listen to the full album all at once, and experience a big-time eargasm. this is the plan and it's all about respect. i'm not one of those people that bolt down albums and then, cud-chewingly, tell the world that it's growin' on 'em or not. it's me who is growing. i hope i made that clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
enjoying a quiet moment this morning with the new spiegel edition and a cat on my lap
IMG_20171118_111215.jpg

i love this polaroid picture of morrissey. the colours are so natural. makes me wonder how many more of those glossed over photoshopped images pushed and slapped into our faces everywhere i am able to endure any longer

Lets just say photography is becoming quite the activity in the house. Well I got a copy of adobe photo shop to play with. We have been blowing up a lot of photographs for display and I was noticing some issues with some of them (mainly sharpness and a seemingly lack of care for keeping the lenses dust free).

This was my first Photoshop test to try and get the dust splats out and sharpen it a little.

mm4l7m.jpg

I like how easy it was to do. I am sure it can be treated better but this was my first attempt and easier than I thought. The originals were jpeg.

wag13o.jpg

For me this will absolutely salvage some great photos. The problem now is I will see every mistake and want to fix it. hahaha

I have shot with a Sony A6000 for a few years now. I have taken 10's of thousands of pictures with it. Gathered a few lenses and really enjoyed trying to capture what I see with them. I liked it so much that I got my daughter one. She loves it. But I knew their would be a time I wanted to move to full frame. I had even purchased two lenses in preparation for it (the were compatible with the A6000). Today my wife and I picked up a Sony A7RII. Now I have a new camera to learn up on. My wife said she wants to use my old A6000 which is cool. Moving forward. Now if I can only get over the RAW hump but that's a process I'll unravel another time.

New A7 with a couple of new lenses.

eg47ih.jpg

All my full frame lenses

xbbvv8.jpg

Old and new

b3lg68.jpg

Liking the quality and perspective from the new camera. The handheld night performance is really blowing me away though.

I set the camera to raw+jpeg. Wow, the raw files are 40+mb. Will have to get some more Tb's of storage or things will fill up fast

Wide angle F4

2m4xeeg.jpg

dyon89.jpg

50mm f1.8 prime

mwabg4.jpg

2qs00sn.jpg

119ukqe.jpg

how many christmas markets does a town need? we now have got five of them, and so i went on a little stroll this evening...
R0000666.2.jpg

sugar and fat en masse, under glamorous stars
R0000683.jpg

the posh local music store is also in a festive mood, and who wouldnt be?
R0000677.jpg

Really been playing with light. To experiment, I had a high cri lamp light that I just placed on the floor. It really changed all the photos.

2ptxvrn.jpg

14ub98h.jpg

1z67i35.jpg

s1ngc7.jpg

Happy holidays everyone.

Really been playing with light. To experiment, I had a high cri lamp light that I just placed on the floor. It really changed all the photos.

2ptxvrn.jpg

14ub98h.jpg

1z67i35.jpg

s1ngc7.jpg

Happy holidays everyone.
i can see that (apart from the blue spots) the colors appear mellow. was this the intention when using the extra lamp? i personally prefer light effects to photoshopping.

here is my new babe. slim and black, that's how i like 'em. had sold my old one, an eagle dreadnought guitar, to someone at work. plan is to become a singer songwriter within the next year, as there are a couple o' songs inside me waitin' to see the light of day. went to the guitar shop that had been visited by the stones, yeah folks, the stones, last summer, played a couple of western guitars, couldnt find a babe that suited me, either too big, too heavy or made of too much tropical wood. in addition, they all looked kinda boring, this light brownish color, which you can find on guitars played in high school music classes or kindergardens, molested by guys in sweaters earnestly presenting their wedding ring and themselves as sexually mature males who know how to strum any lass willing to open her legs for 'em. no, no, that wouldve been simply too uninspiring. there had been only one of those conventional ones, completely tropical wood free, for 3000€, with a sound coming from heavens, which i liked. but this has to wait a bit. i was ready to leave, depressed and discouraged, when my eyes suddenly caught a black shadow hanging amidst a line of fat pale dreadnought guitars in the adjoining room. i had to climb a ladder, and when i grabbed its neck to take it down, i immediately knew that i'd found my babe. it's not a western but a concerto guitar, but i dont mind. made of cedarwood with some elements containing palisander. thats as far as i am willing to go with tropical wood. i'm too young and eco-conscious to make any further compromises. the neck and corpus are slimmer than usual. a perfect fit
DSC_1054.JPG

here is my new babe. slim and black, that's how i like 'em. had sold my old one, an eagle dreadnought guitar, to someone at work. plan is to become a singer songwriter within the next year, as there are a couple o' songs inside me waitin' to see the light of day. went to the guitar shop that had been visited by the stones, yeah folks, last summer, played a couple of western guitars, couldnt find a babe that suited me, either too big, too heavy or made of too much tropical wood. in addition, they all looked kinda boring, this light brownish color, which you can find on guitars played in music high school classes or kindergardens, molested by guys in sweaters earnestly presenting their wedding ring and themselves as sexually mature males who know how to strum any lass willing to open her legs for 'em. no, no, that wouldve been simply too uninspiring. there had been only one of those conventional ones, completely tropical wood free, for 3000€, with a sound coming from heavens, which i liked. but this has to wait a bit. i was ready to leave, depressed and discouraged, when my eyes suddenly caught a black shadow hanging within a line of fat white guitars in the adjoining room. i had to climb a ladder, and when i clasped its bridge to take it down, i immediately knew that i'd found my babe. it's not a western but a concerto guitar, but i dont mind. made of cedarwood with some elements containing palisander. thats as far as i can go with tropical wood. i'm too old and eco-conscious to make any further compromises. the bridge and corpus are slimmer than usual. a perfect fit
View attachment 43249
oh lanterns, you're so cool! congrats on finding a nice guitar whose virginal strings you can strum!

oh lanterns, you're so cool! congrats on finding a nice guitar whose virginal strings you can strum!
thanks, rifke, ma'm, preciate yo incurrichment. i am practising with some books i checked out at the public library, and we, babe and i, had a great jammin' session last night. one of the textbooks contains a cd offering musical accompaniment for those who still are without a band. it's an e-bass and drum accompaniment for practising chords. i really got into it until i heard my neighbor, a budding cellist, knock at the ceiling. she is practising a requiem for a xmas eve service these days. anyways, are you playing an instrument, rif? when you come around for the spaetzle, we could have a jam session after dinner.

thanks, rifke, ma'm, preciate yo incurrichment. i am practising with some books i checked out at the public library, and we, babe and i, had a great jammin' session last night. one of the textbooks contains a cd offering musical accompaniment for those who still are without a band. it's an e-bass and drum accompaniment for practising chords. i really got into it until i heard my neighbor, a budding cellist, knock at the ceiling. she is practising a requiem for a xmas eve service these days. anyways, are you playing an instrument, rif? when you come around for the spaetzle, we could have a jam session after dinner.
oh I would love to have a jam session with you! I used to play the piano but haven't in ages, not since I left home and had no access to a piano, so who knows what I would sound like. I trust you'll be patient with me, especially since we'll both be feeling so fine after the home made spaetzle. have you been playing for long? I cant believe your neighbour would knock on the ceiling. that's so rude! it's not as if you were mindlessly blasting rock music or something, you were just trying to sharpen your musical skills! as a fellow musician she should've been more tolerant!

there have always been phases of intense playing but no real progress took place as the old guitar was just too big. so i hope to get off to a flying start with the new babe so that i can sell my first songs next year this time around. a piano & guitar duet would also be awesome. do you have a certain song in mind that we could practise? maybe some soundtrack tunes from a bronte movie? btw, my neighbor is going to move out in april and we are now looking for a new tenant. my beloved landlord wants me to have a say in that. a piano player would be a great addition to our charming house community.
does everyone in your housing block play an instrument?! well, that would be wonderful to be your neighbour, we must get this sorted right away. tell your landlord that I don't have much money but ill earn my keep by doing yardwork and such (lantteeerrnnnns teach me how to do yard work!). hmm well, we could play "the last rose of summer"! that's a lovely one and I think it would be nice set to piano and guitar. or maybe something by leonard cohen? Suzanne? or is that over done? oh lanterns, I doubt if i'm even up to stuff. oooh you're going to sell your songs! oh that's so exciting. oh I wish I had hobbies like you!

Back
Top Bottom