The best band you have ever seen live

well, since i just saw them i would have to say 'Babyland'
but for me thats about seeing a band i really like and know real well at a small venue
at a bigger spaces i still go for weirdo bands like:
Apoptygma Berzerk

Oasis, last night. Truly awesome, as some people had said to me they aren't good live. Well last night they were brilliant, and played for 2 hours:D

Apart from Moz back in 99?

Dunno.

Most of the artist I like have died or stopped playing/touring.
Derek and the dominos? The split back in 1970.
BB King. Went to see him. It was really good but not, you know, like I know it sounded back the 60´s.
Didn't even bother about Buddy Guy. He has failed to cut some serious mustard since the late 70's.
Ratpack is no more.
Elvis is most probably dead.
So is Hendrix and SRV and Rory Gallagher.
There are still good bands out there, of course, but for some reason I fail to see the point in hearing them live.
If there is no showmanship, OR improvisation or something that makes the live experience worthwhile - why bother?
I stick to my records.

Since I like what most people call "musicians music" I must mention Steve Vai. (Go ahead and laugh and insult me, I'm used to it). That was a great show. Billy Sheehan on bass, say no more.

God, there have been so many down the years. I saw U2 several times in the 80's and they were outstanding, the Murrayfield stadium gig on The Joshua Tree tour was the loudest thing I've ever heard. I saw Tori Amos on her first ever UK tour at the Hull Truck theatre - she completely floored me, she was absolutely stunning. I saw The Jam on their last tour in 81 and it was electrifying, such an incredible atmosphere - absolutely everybody in the place was dancing. The Clash in 79 was another memorable gig, it was the only time I saw them and I'll never forget it. Recently I saw Keane in Hull and it was just so brilliant, again the atmosphere was electric. I know this should exclude The Smiths, but I saw them for the first time in Hull in 1984, just before they really made it big. You knew that night that nothing could stop them, Johnny's melodies were so brilliant. Oh, the memories. Good thread.

Probably the Sex Pistols or Morrissey, although Billy Idol and Social Distortion were also quite good.

In recent years, Beck has blown me away every time I've seen him (and I've seen him eight times).

However, as several posters have already suggested in this thread, the rockabilly / psychobilly bands of the mid-1980's were just unbelieveable live. Of all the bands I saw live during that era (e.g., Guana Batz, the Cramps, King Kurt, Restless, the Stingrays, etc.), the gig that left the biggest impression on me was the Meteors at a poky little club in Liverpool called the System. They were absolutely incredible!

Back
Top Bottom