Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: David McAlmont reveals 'Yes' was originally sent to Morrissey (interview at The Mouth Magazine)

Just had the following interaction with a cashier at Tesco whilst buying a four pack of beer at 11.30 PM; a young woman of Indian origin with an adorable acne'd face.

Her: Is this your late night drink after work?
Me: Yes, it's a bit depressing.
Her: So, are you depressed?
Me: Have you not been reading? Everyone is depressed nowadays.
Her: There's more to life than books you know.

I feel in love instantly.

You should've been Proactive© and asked her out.

Geddit? Geddit?

Morrissey was a Jeopardy clue yesterday. It was weird to hear Alex Trebek say, "Morrissey." The category was "This Band Made Me Famous". Morrissey was the middle clue in the column. The guy who buzzed in answered correctly. (I think Flea and Sting were also in that category.)

Morrissey was a Jeopardy clue yesterday. It was weird to hear Alex Trebek say, "Morrissey." The category was "This Band Made Me Famous". Morrissey was the middle clue in the column. The guy who buzzed in answered correctly. (I think Flea and Sting were also in that category.)

Weird, that would be twice now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
They were playing "Istanbul" in the village pizza place tonight. Trufax.

P.

STFU! Was it like a little place playing Pandora or Spotify? Muzak? Radio?

BBC 6 Music Marc Riley's regular slot Parallel Universe, they were talking about Kill Uncle and Mark Nevin, first meeting with Mick Ronson.

Random thought that is relevant to this thread topic:

About 10 years ago I worked as a temp for an auto finance company in the filing room. Since I was new I had no say over what was played on the radio so they would listen to this awful local rap/R&B station here in Philadelphia (Power 99 for those in the know). It was early in the morning and I guess a talk show had ended, right before they go into their usual programming....and they played “Stop Me...”. The entire song. I was floored and happy...then quickly disappointed when Nelly came on.

Re: Morrissey on Television - Eight Days a Week (28 minutes)

lol, George Michael mentions Twenty Four Hours and The Eternal from Closer by Joy Divison and Morrissey disses them!

I'd expect Moz to name JD songs, not George Michael.

This is neat. George Michael talking about Joy Division is not something I ever thought I’d experience in my life. haha

When I was going to community college about 10 years ago, my professor once said “The Smiths said ‘some girls are bigger than others’ well I say, in geography ‘some (I forget) are bigger than others’”. Then we talked about how pumped we were for “You Are The Quarry” after class. Then a few years later I ran into him at a Moz concert. Cool guy.

I was watching some random standup comedian named Chris Gethard the other night on Comedy Central. I wasn't too into the guy, until the end of his routine.
He mentioned how, for a time, he was in a bad place, and he got tattooed, "It takes strength to be gentle and kind" on the inside of his bicep.
I, of course, began to howl that it was a Smiths lyric, as my brother groaned in frustration in my ability to make almost anything be about the Smiths.
Then Chris explained that it was from I Know Its Over, and he poked fun at the tattoo, saying that he wasn't an angsty teenager anymore, and, to make things worse...
He already had the word "Morrissey" tattooed on the same arm.
I laughed pretty hard, and, needless to say, I was rather surprised to find a flicker of Moz in an otherwise unspectacular stand up routine.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom