Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

yeah, with their lil dirty noses <3

ive never met an orange kitty I didn't like though!

I had an orange kitty cat a loooong time ago called Chester and she was the (second) nicest cat I've had, she was a bit dopey though, she never stopped being a kitten. Even when she was years old she would still try and sleep on our shoulders and neck without much luck, but she still tried! :hearteyes::cryingcat:

I had an orange kitty cat a loooong time ago called Chester and she was the (second) nicest cat I've had, she was a bit dopey though, she never stopped being a kitten. Even when she was years old she would still try and sleep on our shoulders and neck without much luck, but she still tried! :hearteyes::cryingcat:
she sounds so dear! my sister had one named pete and he was my best friend. he used to sit with me for hours and give me little love bites and we would stare deep into each others eyes. god, he was so handsome. then she gave him away :( whats with that? you don't give the best cat EVER away and keep your dud cats.
what you doin naming a girl cat chester?

Seeing: no album listening party tonight as none of the current band (despite invitation) want to participate.
Thinking: one day maybe?
FWD.

Sabina sings "No hay nostalgia peor que añorar lo que nunca jamás sucedió". In this strange and twisted way I
miss Morrissey.

I felt melancholy today, as I have for quite a while, what with a package going missing. It finally arrived today. But the melancholy is still in my veins. Which is okay by me, because it's sobering.

I found out today that even watercolor painting involves animal ingredients. I colored this coloring book drawing again today. Some vegan I am.
20200609_000056.jpg

Seeing:
A FB grapevine assert Geoff Travis is about to have a huge Omega auction of art, autographs & proofs / Moz sleeve mock-ups etc.
Thinking:
Should this prove to be true, collectors should have their wallets at the ready - there will be some truly unique items.
A 'proper' post when/if details emerge.
Regards,
FWD.

I got ripped off for a $70 package by Canada Post. The parcel was taken to Oshawa, Ontario, and has been sitting there since June 5th. I threw a tantrum over it yesterday. I bought chips, rice, and an essential oil blend as a tantrum. I suspect the jasmine part of the blend is synthetic. I have this terrible craving for I don't even know what. I cope by admiring what I do like. Well made shoes, bathtub, bed, drawings, colors, clothes, TV, tablet, phone, kindnesses, courageousness, generosity, water, air, plants, etcetera.

What do you reckon about the youngsters wanting to pull down the statue of Lord Baden Powell, the founder of the Boy Scouts? They say he was a Nazi sympathiser because he read Meinkampf and happened to agree with Hitler's views on health and fitness. Baden Powell wasn't advocating the genocide of Jews. You're not allowed to see anything positive in despots. They're evil through and through. They're not at all nuanced. I was like these radical youngsters at one time. I was young, and history meant nothing to me. I've grown older and realised that history, just like the present, is full of dubious characters. You can't pretend these people never existed or still exist. I feel there's a lack of perspective on the part of youth, and not being able to acknowledge that history is about bad people, as much as good people. If everyone was good all the time there would have been no conflict, no wars, and no history. I feel particularly aggrieved by these tearaway youngsters because I feel they're trying to rewrite the history which is not theirs to rewrite. Go forward and make your own history, guys. Have statues put in place for the good you've done for humanity. Rather than pulling down statues, have them erected in your honour. The answer is not to pull them down, but to have yours put up. If you don't like what's gone before, have the diligence and tenacity to do something now so that YOUR remembrance will eclipse that of those who went before you. Become learned, study, become educated, lead by example. Do something more worthwhile than vandalising public property. Or is that too much effort? Easier to wreck everything than to sit down and study and change the world rather than be disgruntled by it. You won't go down in history for pulling down a statue. You'll go down in history for being clever and changing the lives of people like me. And that requires a unique talent. One that comes through patience and learning and application. Where are all the heroes? And while we're on the subject of the 'enlightened' youth, they should remember that before 1990 any mental vulnerability was seen as awkwardness by your employer. There wasn't the level of understanding then, that there is now. I've been depressed and socially anxious all my life but I was still faced with the harsh reality of either going to meetings at work, and feeling like I was going to die, or losing my job. I remember one time, my colleague had been promoted to a management position and she wanted to createa good impression. She said 'Paul, I'm calling a meeting, and on this occasion, I want you to be there' No understanding of how I felt. Like trying to say to someone in a wheelchair that 'just on this occasion can you get out of your wheelchair and walk' In a way, I'm indebted to the sensitive youngsters of today, because they've highlighted mental health issues, but I also feel like screaming 'I was there before you, but I was given no leeway'. It's taken me 30 years for my employer to see that I was never being awkward. I'm just mentally ill. Chronically so. I hardly coped at school, but I got through, I had to get a job because that's what you have to do. I won't apologise for the fact that I got a job and struggled. It was either that or destitution. Some people seem to sail through life. I don't. Now I'm a little bit older, I have no qualms about admitting to my employer that I'm socially inept. Its easier now. I'm honest with them. Basically, I feel daft and awkward around people. I'm shy. Shyness and regular employment don't go hand in hand. But that's the way I am. Yes, I can drink myself silly and attain some semblance of normality, but the irony is that the more drunk I become, when I feel I'm finally fitting in, the more I'm alienating myself. But by that time I'm past the point of caring. I suppose when you're drunk it doesn't matter anymore, what people think of you. I tend to get terribly drunk and equally insincere, but then if someone says something that rings true, I can suddenly become a good listener and all the feigned joviallity goes out of the window. I do that quite often, where, I'm suddenly stopped in my tracks and have no choice but to hear someone out. I think that's when people see that all this joviallity is a pretence and I can be just as caring as anyone else. And when someone does hit that nerve, they are all the more grateful because its not something that comes naturally to me, to be a listener. They have to be particularly engrossing. No sham sincerity for me. Everyone can do 'sincere'. It has to be the real thing. I can't be sincere without the people who give me a reason to be so.

But do you need a haircut?

What do you reckon about the youngsters wanting to pull down the statue of Lord Baden Powell, the founder of the Boy Scouts? They say he was a Nazi sympathiser because he read Meinkampf and happened to agree with Hitler's views on health and fitness. Baden Powell wasn't advocating the genocide of Jews. You're not allowed to see anything positive in despots. They're evil through and through. They're not at all nuanced. I was like these radical youngsters at one time. I was young, and history meant nothing to me. I've grown older and realised that history, just like the present, is full of dubious characters. You can't pretend these people never existed or still exist. I feel there's a lack of perspective on the part of youth, and not being able to acknowledge that history is about bad people, as much as good people. If everyone was good all the time there would have been no conflict, no wars, and no history. I feel particularly aggrieved by these tearaway youngsters because I feel they're trying to rewrite the history which is not theirs to rewrite. Go forward and make your own history, guys. Have statues put in place for the good you've done for humanity. Rather than pulling down statues, have them erected in your honour. The answer is not to pull them down, but to have yours put up. If you don't like what's gone before, have the diligence and tenacity to do something now so that YOUR remembrance will eclipse that of those who went before you. Become learned, study, become educated, lead by example. Do something more worthwhile than vandalising public property. Or is that too much effort? Easier to wreck everything than to sit down and study and change the world rather than be disgruntled by it. You won't go down in history for pulling down a statue. You'll go down in history for being clever and changing the lives of people like me. And that requires a unique talent. One that comes through patience and learning and application. Where are all the heroes? And while we're on the subject of the 'enlightened' youth, they should remember that before 1990 any mental vulnerability was seen as awkwardness by your employer. There wasn't the level of understanding then, that there is now. I've been depressed and socially anxious all my life but I was still faced with the harsh reality of either going to meetings at work, and feeling like I was going to die, or losing my job. I remember one time, my colleague had been promoted to a management position and she wanted to createa good impression. She said 'Paul, I'm calling a meeting, and on this occasion, I want you to be there' No understanding of how I felt. Like trying to say to someone in a wheelchair that 'just on this occasion can you get out of your wheelchair and walk' In a way, I'm indebted to the sensitive youngsters of today, because they've highlighted mental health issues, but I also feel like screaming 'I was there before you, but I was given no leeway'. It's taken me 30 years for my employer to see that I was never being awkward. I'm just mentally ill. Chronically so. I hardly coped at school, but I got through, I had to get a job because that's what you have to do. I won't apologise for the fact that I got a job and struggled. It was either that or destitution. Some people seem to sail through life. I don't. Now I'm a little bit older, I have no qualms about admitting to my employer that I'm socially inept. Its easier now. I'm honest with them. Basically, I feel daft and awkward around people. I'm shy. Shyness and regular employment don't go hand in hand. But that's the way I am. Yes, I can drink myself silly and attain some semblance of normality, but the irony is that the more drunk I become, when I feel I'm finally fitting in, the more I'm alienating myself. But by that time I'm past the point of caring. I suppose when you're drunk it doesn't matter anymore, what people think of you. I tend to get terribly drunk and equally insincere, but then if someone says something that rings true, I can suddenly become a good listener and all the feigned joviallity goes out of the window. I do that quite often, where, I'm suddenly stopped in my tracks and have no choice but to hear someone out. I think that's when people see that all this joviallity is a pretence and I can be just as caring as anyone else. And when someone does hit that nerve, they are all the more grateful because its not something that comes naturally to me, to be a listener. They have to be particularly engrossing. No sham sincerity for me. Everyone can do 'sincere'. It has to be the real thing. I can't be sincere without the people who give me a reason to be so.

Do you have a CliffsNotes version of this?

What's Cliffs notes, evenow?

They are a condensed version of a large book. That paragraph you constructed is the biggest I have ever seen. I much prefer to read posts that are to the point in as few words as possible.

I really do enjoy reading your posts. You have a lot more talents than you give yourself credit for. You should give yourself a break and just take life as it comes. You tend to be a bit hard on yourself. You are fine the way you are.

I love coming on here. Its exciting and fulfilling. It makes my humdrum existence more bearable. Its because we start from the premise of being Morrissey fans. We all have something in common. We have a particular mindset. I put my phone in my locker at work yesterday, so that I wouldn't inflict my wild ramblings on people today. What did I do? I caught a taxi, last minute, made the security man open the office for me, just so that I could retrieve my phone and be with my Morrissey pals.
you're a nut :lbf: :straightface:

I love you, Morrissey Solo. I'm more wretched than I probably make out. My life isnt up to much. There's not a lot going on. My drunken forays don't amount to anything. I don't know why I do it. I've tried to create an impression of myself as a man about town, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I wasn't made for City living (well, I wasn't made for anything that resembles living, really). But I carry on. I'm waiting for the pubs to reopen after lockdown. It's the only time I see people outside of work. I'll never be loved and cherished as many others are. I wish I was, but I'm not. Im not that kind of person. I don't mean a lot to anyone really. I sometimes get it into my head, when I'm sat alone, that I do. But I don't. Which isn't so bad. How do you get close to people? Is there something I'm not seeing? Have I missed something?
Will the world end in the daytime?
I really don't know.
Will the world end in the nighttime?
I really don't know.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom