Pop Music's Serial Protegee Collectors

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
From today's Guardian Guide...

fz3pjn.jpg

Peter

Thanks for the scan, Peter.

The bitchy journo who wrote it intentionally avoided mentioning The Thrills, The Killers, Sons and Daughters and Franz Ferdinand. :D

Last edited:
Good point to be fair, Morrissey has fostered more than his fair share of shite over the years.

At least he give unknowns a bit of a chance in the limelight. A lot of bands will just pick the latest new signings their record companies tell them to use or else the latest critical darlings to make themselves look more hip.

''Noise is the best revenge'':eek::eek:

Jukebox Jury

Do you remember when we walked into Kilmainham and I said to you "What the hell is that racket?", and then we got to the stage and it was the end of their set. They were not good. Not good at all. I realise Sir Moz was doing him a favour, but, more practice needed.

Peter

Do you remember when we walked into Kilmainham and I said to you "What the hell is that racket?", and then we got to the stage and it was the end of their set. They were not good. Not good at all. I realise Sir Moz was doing him a favour, but, more practice needed.

Peter

Peter
I think I was too pissed at the time to actually remember what I said (and a year on, that remains the same):thumb:
Yes, they were bad. I saw them 3rd on the bill at a Courteeners gig in Manchester.....musically quite good..... they just need a new singer:eek:

Jukebox Jury

I'm glad somebody finally noticed that Morrissey has a horrendous track record for picking winners. If Morrissey liked my band I'd break up and throw myself at the mercy of the unemployment office. :rolleyes:

By the way, in my opinion, the best opening act he's ever had? The Planet Rockers! :guitar: :guitar:

I'm glad somebody finally noticed that Morrissey has a horrendous track record for picking winners. If Morrissey liked my band I'd break up and throw myself at the mercy of the unemployment office. :rolleyes:

By the way, in my opinion, the best opening act he's ever had? The Planet Rockers! :guitar: :guitar:

Do you have a band, Worm? If so, WHEN you make it big, will you please do a video featuring that girl?:)

Do you have a band, Worm? If so, WHEN you make it big, will you please do a video featuring that girl?:)

Patty sure is popular! Wow!

I was going to take her down now that Andrew Collins isn't here anymore, but it seems she has a following. Fetching, isn't she? Even now, in her early forties, I'm sure she's turning heads when she picks up the kids from school. :love:

Patty sure is popular! Wow!

I was going to take her down now that Andrew Collins isn't here anymore, but it seems she has a following. Fetching, isn't she? Even now, in her early forties, I'm sure she's turning heads when she picks up the kids from school. :love:

And thanks for introducing her to me.:thumb:

I imagine she is the personification in 2009 of that well-worn acronym, MILF.

Back
Top Bottom