Robbie Williams is the Pop Morrissey?

I believe that Morrissey is the "Pop Morrissey" but that article is very convincing in it's comparisons. Like others have said I've always felt that Robby's tunes have let him down where as the lyrics themselves have been quite good.

I can see the comparison points in this article, and Morrissey is clearly a great influence on Robbie, whose lyrics are quite well-written and often underrated, I feel. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call him 'The Pop Morrissey'.

Call Robbie "Pop Moz" is so strange to my ears...

I can see the comparison points in this article, and Morrissey is clearly a great influence on Robbie, whose lyrics are quite well-written and often underrated, I feel. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call him 'The Pop Morrissey'.

Robbie is an extremely talented pop artist, I always found him unjustifiably underrated and misunderstood.

Robbie is an extremely talented pop artist, I always found him unjustifiably underrated and misunderstood.

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, UNDERATED??? HAHAHAHAHAHA. DID YOU WATCH HIM ON THE XFACTOR?

He's the biggest wanker tosser in pop music, some shitty boyband loser who got lucky and thought he was Liam Gallagher.

This thread is embarrassing to Morrissey and most of his fans I would of thought.

Been saying it for months now.

Robbie's album was one of my most anticipated of the year. Not fully taken it in yet: but it's certainly 'above average' at the moment.

Dizzywhore: You've always struggled mentally to comprehend music, and therefore I expected such moronic unfounded profanation spluttering from your middle-aged mouth...
But this board is overrun, layered, bursting with the most bewildering, suffocating, horrifying idiotic comments of uselessness identifying exactly why Mr. Williams appeals to your lives…

Robbie Williams is highly overrated and always has been from the vile Take That days of which he, in all of his glorious golden talent, prostituted himself for an un-named audience… Bare-chested, wrestling in jelly, being inoffensive and predictably manufactured for a seemingly stereotypical audience?

Leading into his equally terrible solo-career which will be dissected in due course…

His slanted and regimented act attempted to aim its cliched crosshares at the gay-community... Lingering around Canal Street?

How patronising and condescending...
No wonder its only middle-aged hormonal women or equally confused teenagers who can bear to buy a Robbie or Take That CD.

I hear echoes from the brainless brigade of 'Under-rated' and 'misunderstood' in what vernacular is Robbie Williams underrated?

Selling over 47 Million awful albums world-wide? Oh of course his overly-long and overly-mindless arena tours?

A great lyricist?

Please, Please, Please identify and produce some of Robbie Williams’ world-weary advice, poetic necessities and his meaningful life-changing lyrics…? Because evidently I’m missing something here...

He’s a modern day Butlin’s poet. He’s Yates and Tennyson combined

‘Music for your masses
Give no head
No backstage passes
Have a proper giggle’

My mistake he evidently is JUST LIKE MORRISSEY.

Last edited:
The Morrissey/Williams duet just seemed silly.

The supposed planned "kiss" at the end just when everyone saw Madonna and Britney kiss would have made the men look like a bunch of johnny-come-latelys.

Blobby is OK, however he needs to find a better tanning salon in LA. Then, maybe Moz will consider it. :lbf:

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, UNDERATED??? HAHAHAHAHAHA. DID YOU WATCH HIM ON THE XFACTOR?

He's the biggest wanker tosser in pop music, some shitty boyband loser who got lucky and thought he was Liam Gallagher.

:lbf: i'm sure there are much worse wanker tossers out there,Scarlet.
Put on your thinking cap
Cliff Richard for one.oh,Chris De Burgh for another and,perhaps,wee Leo Sayer?

I've just watched that X-Factor performance on Youtube. What a complete waste of my time. And comparing Robbie Williams to Morrissey?? :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom