Name a song you wish you could permanently eradicate from the face of the earth

Explain, plz.

I always hear about what genius Leonard Cohen is... how talented he is, etc etc... And I just can't see a "genius" not only "praising the lord" but writing a song sucking up to the lord. This song sounds to me like an attempt to turn it into some kind of anthem for religious events.

I could certainly live without ever hearing the word Hallelujah again.

I always hear about what genius Leonard Cohen is... how talented he is, etc etc... And I just can't see a "genius" not only "praising the lord" but writing a song sucking up to the lord. This song sounds to me like an attempt to turn it into some kind of anthem for religious events.

I could certainly live without ever hearing the word Hallelujah again.

i don't see it as a religious song at all, and I've never heard it played at any religious events and lord knows (no pun intended) that I've been to plenty

:eek:

that's right, you better run :cool:

Its the same reason why this video makes this song so much better than it already is.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't see it as a religious song at all, and I've never heard it played at any religious events and lord knows (no pun intended) that I've been to plenty

yeah I know... It's not a religious song. But I think it's kind of annoying as it's all about "the Lord"... Hallelujah means "praise Jehovah", so every time I hear that my stomach turns :sick:

Any song by The Spice Girls.

That would be a dream. A world with no xmas songs.
The only one I kind of forgive is the one by the Ramones.

Gotta keep "Need a Little Christmas" by the Muppets. That was song marks the meeting of the Sesame Street Muppets with the Muppet Show Muppets. By God, the only thing that has occurred on par with that was when the Flintstones met the Jetsons and when GI Joe met the Transformers.

i really REALLY hate 'i kissed a girl.'

i think all my choices would be shitty chart hits. that 'when i grow up i wanna be famous' crap by pussycat dolls is another one.

The entire catalogs of Taylor Swift, that "Bubbly" girl, and Katy Perry.

it's really not about the lord at all, i think you're taking the title too literally: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Leonard-Cohen/Hallelujah.html

There are three versions of "Hallelujah" done by Leonard Cohen. The one you linked to which is on the album "Various Positions"; another version that is done live on "Cohen Live" ten years after the original version, and a third version which is a mix of the two, that he is currently doing on tour.
Supposedly Cohen wrote some 80 verses over a 5-year period for this song.
John Cale has said that Cohen gave 15 verses of the song to him.

From what I understand, all the cover versions that are out there are a mix of both versions: some lyrics from one and the the other.

Some say that the original version is "Biblical" and the live version is "secular", if the song is supposed to be a religious one, with lyrics like this:

"...Yeah but I remember, yeah when I moved in you,
And the holy dove, she was moving too,
Yes every single breath that we drew was Hallelujah..."

I may have to consider changing churches.

I f***ing hate this....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZNeBkhiL7g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZNeBkhiL7g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
LOL!!! yes, that song is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom