my weird morrissey dream...

Puddle

Banned
So my dream...

i am at the Radio City Music Hall in NYC but there are only like 500 people in the audience...but morrissey is still in good spirits. because there are so few people, he just chats it up and does an acoustic session. Here's the weird part, he sings a song with the band i never heard of before. the music is partly something i wrote (the guitar part) and the rest is something i never heard. and the lyrics were totally morrissey (when i woke up in the middle of the night i remember thinking those were damn good lyrics, to a damn good song, but now i don't remember it...now i know how dale cooper feels)

well anyway, the dream progresses and the show ends. a bunch of us get on stage but morrissey already went backstage (i saw him walking away). at this point i try to sneak backstage but a staff member tells me to leave because i don't have backstage pass...i go back to the audience and a woman gives me a backstage pass...so i go back but morrissey is nowhere to be found. instead i open a fridge full of pastries and i help myself to a cupcake. afterwards i walk out the back door and find my car parked right there..the end.

weird huh. and i never got to meet morrissey, even in my dream.

so what's your weird morrissey dream? or you can analyze mine..

Oh, I've had several - in the run-up to the gigs I attended in May, I could hardly shut my eyes without the man getting under my feet! For the record, he doesn't look pleased when you make him hold skeins of knitting yarn for you while you wind it into balls.

Well, a few months ago I saw a dream where I was Morrissey's "mascot" or something like that. I just followed him everywhere and I think we even lived together:) We never really talked but we were still friends. Probably. But it was very nice dream :D

First post - hiya everyone

I once fell asleep while at the DMV waiting to replace a lost drivers license. I had been listening to The Smiths in the car, and the subsequent dream was that he was locked in my car singing and I was anxious that I hadn't left the window cracked so he might suffocate, but I didn't want to lose my place in line. I woke up very confused, and had to wait another hour.

Well i've only had a dream about Morrissey once. My dad met Morrissey in Edinburgh they day after his Edinburgh Corn Exchange show in 2004. I was completely distraught that my dad met him considering I had declined to join my dad in the city centre that day - alas if I had went.....you know the rest.

Anyhoo, I think that spawned the following dream:

Im on the promenade in Blackpool of all places leave my family at some cafe and I go for a walk - pass this guy and I think "shit....i know that bloke from somewhere". So I run up to him screaming MORRISSEY, MORRISSEY - he turns round, says "hi James" and we procede to walk up the prom together chatting, then he says - i'll seeyou at the show.

and thats it. Completely random - very sad indeed.

JIM

Another strange one last night.

I'm getting changed to go and watch a Morrissey gig. I'm in a guesthouse owned by someone called Jean who my Mum knew (Jean was a Windmill showgirl turned showbiz landlady - that bit's real). As I whip off my shirt, in walks Morrissey! :eek:

Mutual embarrassed harrumphing ensues and I dive behind the bed while I restore my decency. Whereupon I spot some earrings under the bed. I peer out over the mattress, to see 150% life -sized Eartha Kitt (!!!) is standing in my room, looking around anxiously. She's lost her earrings, so Big Eartha and I rummage under the bed and retrieve them. Morrissey, meanwhile, has regressed to his early 80's incarnation ( must have been the trauma of glimpsing my boobs, lol!), and is about to brush his teeth with tapwater from old lead pipes. Chiding him gently, I divert him to another tap which is safer because my daughter ( known to you lot as The Kitten) has just been washing her tights out in the sink (this is about as likely as the rest of this dream, btw), thus the water hasn't been standing in lead pipes all day.

Teeth safely brushed, Morrissey returns to his present age and saunters off to do his gig. Big Eartha tells me to hurry up and get changed or we'll be late. My outfit changes several times in the mirror ( like Mr Benn's suit and bowler hat turning into fancy dress costumes in the childrens' tv series) until I'm happy with it, whereupon in walks my husband and literally stands me on my head.

Analysis, anyone?:confused:

Re: Another strange one last night.

I had a dream the other night that I was taking art at a finishing school (????) with Morrissey as my tutor... very strange.

I dreamt about him last night actually in the space between my two usual nightmares! I was sat waiting for him to come on stage but i was alone which i thought was weird i looked up and there he was walking on the stage with 4 violin players and he went straight into 'Angel Angel Down We Go Together' it sounded wonderful! then he walked over to me and whisperd 'that was for you' then i woke up.

Last night I had the most unrealistically realistic Morrissey dream ever. Woke up and was almost sure it happened!

The dream was as follows - I was at the Moz gig somewhere with my best friends from highschool (and in my dream we were still in highschool). At the end of the gig he didn't go backstage but was sitting on stage chatting to fans and signig autographs. At some point we managed to get near him and he squeezed our hands and asked us if the gig was alright. We were all giggling saying how it was the best night of our lives and told him we're throwing an afterparty and asked if he'd join in. Surprisingly enough he said that he'll just grab his jacket and in no time we were on our way.

At first we were just strolling around different streets of a town I didn't really recognize. Wherever we went people were shouting "That's Morrissey!" and everybody seemed so happy and excited he was around. He was also flattered but in a shy kind of way. At some point around 10 of us ended up in some flat, drinking, chatting, dancing and playing our favorite Moz tracks. He looked really happy and comfortable around us and I've had more fun in that dream then in the past few weeks.

Shame the alarm clock had to go on, really. That dream made me smile all day!

Last edited:
Celibate cries, you had the most beautiful dream I can imagine! Lucky you. You must have been rewarded because of that sig... I don't know how DeliciousDemon and The Cat's Mother deserved their dreams, though, but they're great too! (Now I remembered, it must be the nicknames.) And those of Ms Wilde's ensure me that there is such thing as Morrissey nightmare :p

I hadn't dreamt about Morrissey until last week. In my first dream I had a plane ticket for the seat right next to Mozzer's. When I got there and realized what a lucky bastard I was, I said to a friend whom I was with (and who incidentally knew Morrissey in my dream!) that he would probably be bored to death by my expressions of admiration and/or adoration and that I will keep my mouth shut during the flight. Such a bizarre decision, considering how chatty and friendly he was to my friend! Then I woke up, luckily.

Last night I dreamt... (yeah, the usual thing we all dream but also another situation with Morrissey) In this dream I had obviously recommended him for singing at a friend's wedding. I gave them a mix CD and they loved it. Next thing I know, I see him after another wedding and it turns out that he enjoys singing at these occasions very much. ROTT tour is still on, but he manages to squeeze in a couple of weddings in his busy schedule! Then I blow my own trumpet and say that it all started with me recommending him to my friends, but I woke up before he managed to express his eternal gratitude. I made a bit of a progress in this dream, as I actually talked to him. I expect we'll be best pals next time! ;)

Back
Top Bottom