MozCentral: New Single - "It's Over" / "It Happens Every Time"; "Lady Willpower" scrapped

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/242181-new-single

Morrissey’s new single is IT’S OVER, originally released by Roy Orbison. The B-side is IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME, originally released by Tim Buckley.

full

Plans to issue LADY WILLPOWER as a single have been scrapped.

----------------
originally posted on morrissey central.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
these are milksops in cowboy disguise, no real cowboys. sorry, tat. sexy, yeah soso, but not as cowboys, no. mitchum had more of a cowboy in him. i liked him in this film with the monroe and in dead man. clint eastwood is not a milksop but is not sexy. never has been.

these are milksops in cowboy disguise, no real cowboys. sorry, tat. sexy, yeah soso, but not as cowboys, no. mitchum had more of a cowboy in him. i liked him in this film with the monroe and in dead man. clint eastwood is not a milksop but is not sexy. never has been.
Think Steve McQueen, at minimum, would disagree with you. I like Bob Mitchum, too, but I prefer him in a suit like in Holiday Affair with Janet Leigh.

717DBA21-39C4-41F3-B763-6B90847041E4.jpeg

Is it a tribute to Skinny’s favourite prophecy?

i love steve mcqueen when he is sitting in a fast and sporty car. he made driving cars a sexy thing to do, defo not horse-ridin'.
steve-mcqueen-us-film-star-with-wife-nellie-and-some-of-their-cars-B3MJJ5.jpg
Hard to argue with a Thomas Crowne Affair Steve McQueen. I’ve always been partial to him in Bullitt. That chase scene is amazing. Plus my Dad has a Mustang very similar when I was little so maybe that’s part of it for me.
2AF15F79-66AA-416B-8DF3-8EC874980BA2.jpeg
B6654F04-6438-4AAB-994B-1E961BBF6F8C.jpeg

I’m delighted this is being released as a single; it might just record Morrissey’s greatest ever vocal performance. Nevertheless, I’m slightly frustrated that it comes after, and refers to, one of the greatest vocal performances ever, in the history of Popular Music. I guess what I mean to say is that it’s the one song on California Son that is overshadowed by the original.
Yes, unfortunately, Morrissey is completely overshadowed by the original Morrissey.

even if you made a perfect cover people would still moan,its the way of the world.why don't you knock one up and give us a look,look on it as homework.

Man, Jo Slee is my grandma.

Lo-res black & white image enlarged to look pixely and unprofessional ? Check.

Bog-standard typeface used in 4 different sizes, placed willy-nilly across the design? Check

Horribly garish colours seemingly chosen at random that don't match and bring no harmony to the graphics? Check

Final product gives off an air of amateur cluelessness that ill befits an artist once renowned for the care and attention he gave his every release? Check

Way to go, guys - you've outdone yourselves - again

I think it's a great sleeve with a fine cover version of a brilliant song . Are you simply miffed that you didn't get a copy?

I think it's a great sleeve with a fine cover version of a brilliant song . Are you simply miffed that you didn't get a copy?

No, it really isn't a great sleeve. It's very poorly designed, in fact.

As to the quality of the song itself, that is neither here nor there. I quite like it but wouldn't want a copy anyway.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom